Marcus Marshall
Sad to see Hughes go. Put his body on the line all season
Thanks for everything you did for the club
Up the football league we go
Pablo

Location: At the end of the yellow brick road with a set of crutches

Re: 8 PLAYERS RELEASED TODAY

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu May 07, 2015 10:08 am

Admitedly, I (and a few others) were critical of Hughsey after that fateful Dagenham home game.

But, he was more than solid ever since. Some spectacular goal line clearances will live long in the memory.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Pablo » Thu May 07, 2015 10:30 am

Seasider9601 wrote:Admitedly, I (and a few others) were critical of Hughsey after that fateful Dagenham home game.

But, he was more than solid ever since. Some spectacular goal line clearances will live long in the memory.

SO TRUE !!!!!!!!!!
Up the football league we go
Pablo

Location: At the end of the yellow brick road with a set of crutches

Postby marky No.1 » Thu May 07, 2015 10:32 am

Andy Parrish for the armband
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby bill ding » Thu May 07, 2015 10:34 am

marky No.1 wrote:Andy Parrish for the armband

Second that Marky.
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby Christies Child » Thu May 07, 2015 10:45 am

I suspect that Doyle will now come to the fore and be seen as a ready made replacement for Hughes.

:?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby underbank » Thu May 07, 2015 11:15 am

Christies Child wrote:I suspect that Doyle will now come to the fore and be seen as a ready made replacement for Hughes.

Doyle on the bench if Jim plays a back 4 with Parrish (Cpt) and Edwards in the middle, or all three of them in a back 3.
underbank

Postby Christies Child » Thu May 07, 2015 11:56 am

With Hughes, Padraig and Marshall all gone I would expect the total wage bill to have been reduced considerably which should provide Jimbo with some finances to concentrate on bringing in some extra quality in midfield.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Morecambe Jack » Thu May 07, 2015 12:17 pm

Huge call on Hughes who has had a fairly decent season, despite never being captain material.

The rest are unsurprising, I can only assume that Goodall's second year has been activated through appearances otherwise I would expect him to be on there. I personally would not have kept Andreas, but as Barry is back I am not too concerned.
Morecambe Jack

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu May 07, 2015 12:42 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote: I personally would not have kept Andreas

I would Jack, definitely.

He was absolutely outstanding on Saturday. He will only grow in confidence and experience.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Abu Dhabi Shrimp » Thu May 07, 2015 12:44 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Andy Parrish for the armband

Absolutely. Parrish has proved himself to be a great leader without the armband and there can be no better man for the role now that Hughes has departed
Abu Dhabi Shrimp

Postby Crazeenick » Thu May 07, 2015 2:24 pm

Yes!! Parrish for Captain definitely.
Crazeenick

Postby asda shrimp » Thu May 07, 2015 4:27 pm

andreas has shown he has what it takes in the last few games and has earned a new contract,after saturdays performance could be pushing baz for No 1 ?. parrish for captain.
asda shrimp

Postby black morse » Thu May 07, 2015 4:46 pm

I'm a bit surprised with the number of released players. It strikes me it's one of 2 things - either we are hoping to spend the money on better players and a push for the play offs at least - or we are having a financial problem and the playing budget is being reduced. I sincerely hope it's the former as cutting the playing budget more would, in my opinion, make the play offs nearly impossible and a relegation fight more likely.
black morse

Postby asda shrimp » Thu May 07, 2015 4:56 pm

Lets be positive 8-)
asda shrimp

Postby Victor » Thu May 07, 2015 6:23 pm

Hughes will be missed and it's a shame that wright has gone also, he was player of the year not long back and now he struggles to get a game...a big thanks to all the lads and good luck in the future!
Victor

Postby underbank » Thu May 07, 2015 7:04 pm

black morse wrote:I'm a bit surprised with the number of released players.

I'm not. Don't forget that last year we brought in a few without letting the same number go (Devitt, Beeley, Edwards), so our squad numbers have actually been higher than normal this season and a few more than 13/14 on average. We can lose 2/3 in numbers and be back where we were two years ago, but with a better quality hopefully. Will Bell, Declan, Marshall and Doyle may have been in the squad but havn't played, so you're only really looking at Hughes, Williams, Wright and Amond who are regulars that need replacement. We've hopefully got Wildig lined up, so another 2/3 and we're back to the same regular playing numbers.
underbank

Postby underbank » Thu May 07, 2015 7:11 pm

Victor wrote:Hughes will be missed and it's a shame that wright has gone also, he was player of the year not long back and now he struggles to get a game...a big thanks to all the lads and good luck in the future!

I think the problem with both was temperament more than ability.
underbank

Postby John L » Thu May 07, 2015 7:47 pm

I too would like to see Paz given the armband but some club insiders suggest he might not yet have such respect from his team-mates so perhaps one for the future. So, with that in mind, how about Ellison becoming skipper? He certainly likes to motivate on the field, but will he be playing week in, week out to fulfil that role?
John L

Postby George Dawes » Thu May 07, 2015 8:04 pm

:roll:

I know what you mean about Paz, he may not be captain material in bossing people about and shouting orders, but! not all captains are like that, Paz leads by example rolls his sleeves up and fights hard for the team.

PS and if we had 10 other players who battled like Paz on the pitch, we would be something else.
George Dawes

Postby Ntini » Thu May 07, 2015 11:12 pm

There is, of course, the posibility that Jim may use the captaincy as a bargaining tool to secure a signing.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby Sakhalin Shrimp » Fri May 08, 2015 12:22 pm

Just been announced on Sky sports that Aaron Wildig has been released by the Shrews.

Oops, wrong thread.
A man doesn't know what happiness is until he's married. By then it's too late.
Sakhalin Shrimp

Postby 1234321 » Sat May 09, 2015 5:18 pm

John L wrote:I too would like to see Paz given the armband but some club insiders suggest he might not yet have such respect from his team-mates so perhaps one for the future. So, with that in mind, how about Ellison becoming skipper? He certainly likes to motivate on the field, but will he be playing week in, week out to fulfil that role?

I agree about Paz not being ready at the minute but Ellison isn't always in the starting 11 though...
What about Beeley... player of the season awards from fans and players could stand for something

Postby RedRedWine » Sat May 09, 2015 8:38 pm

Its a long list, and by saying 8 players it sounds like the spine of the team has been ripped out. But lets look at it on an individual player basis:

Mark Hughes: Suprised he has gone as hes a very good defender, but could be making way for Doyles progression
Andy Wright: Injured a lot this season, not surprised he has gone but wish him well - I think he needs a move to get his career back on track
Ryan Williams: Barely featured since arriving as a promising talent, should have priduced more than two brilliant goals from freekicks
Jack Sampson: Not used often this campaign and not finding the net when he did - has all the attributes but hasn't produced often enough
Declan Watson: Youngster who hasnt made the grade, making way for the next intake
Will Bell: Younster who has looked good in the resevers but didn't get a chance, as above
Marcus Marshall: Has been on loan for the enitre season, glass legs
Padraig Amond: Surprised he has been released as he has produced the goods despite not always starting

So of the 8 released, I'd say only Hughes, Amond possibly a fully fit Wright (a problem for him this season) who is a more than useful squad player are loses that will impact the overall performance of the squad. Lets see who we can get in as replacements.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby marky No.1 » Sun May 10, 2015 12:48 am

Stop carping on, Stuart, and look forward to next week, hook, line and sinker
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Next

Return to General Discussion