Retained List

Re: Retained List

Postby underbank » Tue May 05, 2015 1:11 pm

If Jim has decided not to renew, then he must have a couple of names in mind who he can afford who are better than Podge. Or, perhaps Podge has decided not to renew because he's unhappy at hardly ever starting and wants a guaranteed starting position elsewhere. A great shame, one of the ones I was hoping would stay as his goal tally is pretty good compared with time on the pitch.

As I said on the other thread a while ago re players out of contract this summer, it could be a bloodbath!
underbank

Postby John L » Tue May 05, 2015 2:05 pm

underbank wrote:If Jim has decided not to renew, then he must have a couple of names in mind who he can afford who are better than Podge.

Hope so! He's got 3 months to prove it...

Or, perhaps Podge has decided not to renew because he's unhappy at hardly ever starting and wants a guaranteed starting position elsewhere.

Released, according to http://www.morecambefc.com/news/article/padraig-amond-released-2442141.aspx
John L

Postby black morse » Tue May 05, 2015 2:09 pm

underbank wrote:If Jim has decided not to renew, then he must have a couple of names in mind who he can afford who are better than Podge. Or, perhaps Podge has decided not to renew because he's unhappy at hardly ever starting and wants a guaranteed starting position elsewhere. A great shame, one of the ones I was hoping would stay as his goal tally is pretty good compared with time on the pitch.

As I said on the other thread a while ago re players out of contract this summer, it could be a bloodbath!

Would hope he would be sure of signing this 'better one' before actually letting Podge go. If his 'target(s) ' turn him down or another club steps in we could be left short......particularly if Sampson and Redshaw go :o :o Really hope we don't let too many go and tear up what is the basis of a good team.
black morse

Postby morecambegeek » Tue May 05, 2015 2:22 pm

A shame, but not a massive surprise given how rarely Jim has played Podge up front.

There's no point having a striker playing as a winger, we may as well sign a winger.
morecambegeek

Postby Ntini » Tue May 05, 2015 3:09 pm

I feel for Podge, he's served us really well over the last two seasons and has scored some vital goals. For that, I wish him all the luck in the world for the future. That said I don't think he's been consistent enough when he's had a run of starting games, and I think that has now cost him. Obviously Jim thinks we can do better with the wage that Podge was on and so has had to make a tough call.

I think people forget that we can't keep the bulk of our squad together, trim round the sides and then add in a bit of quality to push us on. That strategy might be a winning formula, but it costs money, which we just don't have.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby Keith » Tue May 05, 2015 3:10 pm

morecambegeek wrote:A shame, but not a massive surprise given how rarely Jim has played Podge up front.

There's no point having a striker playing as a winger, we may as well sign a winger.

Exactly my thoughts. Tom possibly coming in will give us natural width. Too many players up front at the moment, so someone had to go. Sad for Podge and I hope he gets fixed up somewhere, where he can be the first name on the sheet rather than an 'as & when' player.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Kendalshrimp » Tue May 05, 2015 5:12 pm

Might not be the only suprise exit we have this summer, in the lounge before the game on Saturday a few people what looked to be scouts or coaches of ours were saying Ryan Edwards could be on his way as Brighton and a few other clubs had been in for him. Wonder if this explains his absence recently ? Apparently a decision hasn't been made on Hughes yet either shame if we can't keep the same defence together what's been pretty solid this season !
Kendalshrimp

Postby asda shrimp » Tue May 05, 2015 6:44 pm

don,t think we need another keeper after saturday.?!!!
asda shrimp

Postby mainy » Tue May 05, 2015 6:56 pm

Just spoken to Arestidou after my cricket practise, and he says that he's been offered a deal by Jim and also that Ryan Williams has gone. Other than that he only knows what we know.
mainy

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Tue May 05, 2015 7:03 pm

Jimmy Phillips released by Burton Albion.

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/Burton-Albi ... story.html?
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue May 05, 2015 7:05 pm

BoroRedShrimp wrote:Jimmy Phillips released by Burton Albion.

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/Burton-Albi ... story.html?

That should be on the "Released Players Elsewhere" thread....!!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Christies Child » Wed May 06, 2015 8:54 am

mainy wrote:Just spoken to Arestidou after my cricket practise, and he says that he's been offered a deal by Jim and also that Ryan Williams has gone. Other than that he only knows what we know.

Pleased for Stav as I think he deserves an offer. I also think that this is a good bit of precautionary business by Jimbo just in case that there are any pre season problems with Baz following his injury.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby james456 » Wed May 06, 2015 12:42 pm

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport ... -1-7244272

We are rumoured to be signing Tom Barkhuizen...

I wasn't overly impressed with him, harsh if Podge was released to make way for him.
james456

Postby halftimeresults » Wed May 06, 2015 2:46 pm

Someone put something regarding another player who has left but the post has gone!
If true it's another major surprise
halftimeresults

Postby Super Shrimp » Wed May 06, 2015 3:50 pm

I saw that also. Reading between the lines it must be Mark Hughes. Thats my opinion anyway
Super Shrimp

Postby asda shrimp » Wed May 06, 2015 4:38 pm

amond http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02q5cj2 in case you missed it,from 40 min.radio lancs.
asda shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Wed May 06, 2015 4:47 pm

halftimeresults wrote:Someone put something regarding another player who has left but the post has gone!

Super Shrimp wrote:I saw that also. Reading between the lines it must be Mark Hughes. Thats my opinion anyway

cant see that? he did not look like a player who wanted away from Morecambe last Sunday
George Dawes

Postby John L » Wed May 06, 2015 5:08 pm

George Dawes wrote:
halftimeresults wrote:Someone put something regarding another player who has left but the post has gone!

Super Shrimp wrote:I saw that also. Reading between the lines it must be Mark Hughes. Thats my opinion anyway

cant see that? he did not look like a player who wanted away from Morecambe last Sunday

Neither did Podge, but...
John L

Postby Christies Child » Wed May 06, 2015 5:50 pm

Wouldn't surprise me if we saw changes in our defense.

If you look at the finishing table of those either promoted or in the play offs all but Stevenage have a far better defensive record than ourselves. To get into the play offs or better still direct promotion all the teams have let in no more than 45 (other than Stevenage who have 54 but have a far better goal scoring record.) All the promoted teams to date have let in no more than 40 and have scored considerably more.

So for me changes in defense are needed as well as in midfield who also have its share of defensive duties.

I honestly can't see a team who conceeded 52 goals getting promoted hence why for me changes are needed.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Kendalshrimp » Wed May 06, 2015 6:37 pm

So has Hughes been released too then ?
Kendalshrimp

Postby parceldave » Wed May 06, 2015 7:19 pm

Kendalshrimp wrote:So has Hughes been released too then ?

No he's still manager at Stoke ;)
parceldave

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed May 06, 2015 7:24 pm

parceldave wrote:
Kendalshrimp wrote:So has Hughes been released too then ?

No he's still manager at Stoke ;)

And if you meant Lee Hughes, yes. He's since played for Oldham and Forest Green!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby underbank » Thu May 07, 2015 8:43 am

Hughes and Wright released along with Sampson & Williams. Fleming and Ellison offered new contracts. Arestidou & Doyle in negotiations. Wow. Can't say I'm surprised!

http://www.morecambefc.com/news/article ... 44767.aspx

So, state of play for contracts expiring this Summer

Mark Hughes - released
Andy Wright - released
Jack Sampson - released
Ryan Williams - released
Kevin Ellison - new contract
Alan Goodall - not yet known
Stewart Drummond - retired
Andy Fleming - new contract
Laurence Wilson - not yet known
Andreas Arestidou - in negotiation
Padraig Amond - released

So just waiting news of Goodall and Wilson now.
underbank

Postby Shrimpy » Thu May 07, 2015 8:52 am

Goodall & Wilson have hit appearance targets in their contracts which has given them another years deal so they will be here next season.
Shrimpy

Postby underbank » Thu May 07, 2015 9:00 am

15/16 team as it stands:-

Roche
Beeley
Devitt
Kenyon
Edwards
Redshaw
Ellison
Mullin
Goodall
Fleming
Wilson
McGowan
Parrish

That's not a bad start - that's a good team as it stands, but Jim must now have some decent money from the savings of presumably reasonably expensive plays like Amond, Hughes & Wright and cheaper ones like Williams and Sampson, to sign Wildig and maybe 1 or 2 more quality players. Maybe 5 out and 3 in but at a higher standard? Then bolster the bench with youngsters like Doyle and Bondswell.
underbank

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion