O/T FL Highlights

O/T FL Highlights

Postby Christies Child » Tue May 05, 2015 10:54 am

http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/artic ... 41064.aspx

I know that this subject was mentioned some time ago but this article is confirmation of the deal.

Let's hope that it can be as good and hopefully better than what we've had to date.

:?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: O/T FL Highlights

Postby morecambegeek » Tue May 05, 2015 11:49 am

An 80 minute BBC show is now going to be shown in a 90 minute C5 slot, so less will end up being shown due to adverts.
morecambegeek

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue May 05, 2015 11:55 am

morecambegeek wrote:An 80 minute BBC show is now going to be shown in a 90 minute C5 slot, so less will end up being shown due to adverts.

But at least it will be on at a sensible time and will also be on at "International Breaks" when due to a lack of Championship games the BBC deems there to be no reason to have a "Football League Show".
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Tue May 05, 2015 12:14 pm

No need for expensive studio and staffing at your venue :o

http://livevenue.tv/
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby morecambegeek » Tue May 05, 2015 12:19 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
morecambegeek wrote:An 80 minute BBC show is now going to be shown in a 90 minute C5 slot, so less will end up being shown due to adverts.

But at least it will be on at a sensible time and will also be on at "International Breaks" when due to a lack of Championship games the BBC deems there to be no reason to have a "Football League Show".

I'll be surprised if Channel 5 show a 90 minute highlight show only with league 1 and 2 teams at prime time on a Saturday night when it comes round to it, but we'll have to wait and see.

The BBC was far from perfect, but it was massively improved on the ITV version of the show it replaced.

Whatever channel it's on, League 2 are only ever going to be goals if anyone is thinking they're going to be showing longer highlights of Morecambe matches.
morecambegeek

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue May 05, 2015 12:40 pm

I will see how it transpires and judge it when seen.

I hope they have more knowledgible pundits than Claridge and Leroy Rosenior though.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue May 05, 2015 2:16 pm

Can't be any worse than the BBC's show. Let's hope they get a couple of decent pundits on who actually know their stuff about lower league clubs (Sammy mac??).

At least we'll not have to stay up until 1.20AM to see highlights of a 0-0 away at Yeovil!
heysham_mfc

Postby marky No.1 » Tue May 05, 2015 3:11 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:At least we'll not have to stay up until 1.20AM to see highlights of a 0-0 away at Yeovil!

That is the other side of the coin, though - we get back from Yeovil just in time to see the highlights on the BBC, whereas now we will have missed them by 3 hours!
marky No.1

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue May 05, 2015 3:36 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:At least we'll not have to stay up until 1.20AM to see highlights of a 0-0 away at Yeovil!

That is the other side of the coin, though - we get back from Yeovil just in time to see the highlights on the BBC, whereas now we will have missed them by 3 hours!

If you set your Sky Plus you can watch them as soon as you get in :D :D
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Tue May 05, 2015 4:45 pm

..... another great tool is to send the request to record from your mobile phone via the airwaves to your Youview HD box
marky No.1

Postby parceldave » Tue May 05, 2015 5:33 pm

marky No.1 wrote:..... another great tool is to send the request to record from your mobile phone via the airwaves to your Youview HD box

Or just watch it in your hotel room . ;)
parceldave

Postby marky No.1 » Tue May 05, 2015 5:44 pm

parceldave wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:..... another great tool is to send the request to record from your mobile phone via the airwaves to your Youview HD box

Or just watch it in your hotel room . ;)

At 9 o'clock? :o

In the wisdom of the fixture panel it will probably be a Tuesday night now Cheltenham have gone
marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:24 pm

Kelly (Dalgleish) Cates and George Riley to host. They will also be there when there is no Championship :D

http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/a ... 61667.aspx
marky No.1

Postby John L » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:59 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Kelly (Dalgleish) Cates and George Riley to host. They will also be there when there is no Championship :D

http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/a ... 61667.aspx

Sounds good to me!
John L

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:12 pm

Hmmmm just started to watch, it's one of those plastic ones with an audience.
Prefer the change up to now, getting the audience involved
marky No.1

Postby outsider » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:57 am

What a pile o cack. Why do they have to tamper with things? All we want is a hi-lights show. Spend less time walking round talking drivle, and more football could be shown. Also show it in order not flitting between the leagus. Bring back Manish and Steve.
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Christies Child » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:11 am

outsider wrote:What a pile o cack. Why do they have to tamper with things? All we want is a hi-lights show. Spend less time walking round talking drivle, and more football could be shown. Also show it in order not flitting between the leagus. Bring back Manish and Steve.

Have to agree.

All we want is to see matches NOT listen to a load of former pros spouting off.

Utter crap.

I'm contacting Channel 5 to let them know what I think...... :twisted:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby outsider » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:15 am

https://www.facebook.com/events/128281157511795/

Interesting reading on the facebook page

I must congratulate you on the fact that you have done what no other show has ever done

You seem to have united all football fans from every club in the country

We all think you are s***

Personally id rather go watch Swansea city play and sit wearing my Cardiff shirt singing anti Swansea songs than have to watch this again!!!

Series link deleted....terrible show, worst format ever...

Absolutely shocking. It was awkward, cheap & irrelevant in many places. Whom ever decided to try & Top Gear football at channel 5 got it hugely wrong. The league table cardboard 'reveal' in the program is hilarious (not in a good way). Most people have got smart phones in their pockets, why would a plank of wood work!? I'm at a loss as to why he studio audience were even there? What purpose did they serve? Please remember that this program is about Football, how much time was devoted to it?

The only positive is the time it's on which was better that the BBC late version. Everything else (& I mean everything) was massively off the mark. I, like many others will be watching the highlights on other formats like YouTube or Sky. I would recommend others do the same.

Gutted for the fans who can't go to games & have to sit through this slow motion car crash
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Wild Bill » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:32 am

Managed to catch all 30 secs of Morecambe. It was sandwiched in between some rabbit in the headlights pundits who looked like they had been dragged off the street and forced at gunpoint to talk football. :lol:

At least it is at a watchable time. I guess things can only get better?

Did it not run in a logical format (e.g Championship to L2)?
Wild Bill

Postby Keith » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:48 am

I think the mixing the leagues bit was to keep the larger Championship fan base watching until the end, which *might* work if done well. The rest of it was dreadful...

A typical 'segway' went something like this... Female presenter to the half a dozen League Two 'fans'...

"There are three ex-England internationals managing League Two clubs, who are they?"
"Yes, Teddy Sheringham"
"Another?"
"Anyone?"
"Manages Newport County?"
"Yes Terry Butcher, the third?"
"If I tell you he manages Carlisle United, does that help?"

"No?"

"Anyone?"

"He didn't play many games for England".

"Carlisle manager?"

"No?"

AGGGGHHHH Painful.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:43 am

It was all over the place! The League tables were so cheap. They must have used their budget on overpaying BBC radio presenters! Least we only got 20 seconds of our misery!
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Seasider9601 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:42 pm

It was very poor.

I didn't like the Top Gear style audience.

As for Martin Allen... Mind numbing.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby captainvinyl » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:52 am

What a dire show. Even my young son who usually does anything to stay up a bit later announced he was off to bed well before the end. Just so banal.
Also with the Morecambe highlights, they mention in the commentary Hartlepool by name but not us. Not sure whether other teams got similar treatment, I wasn't going to sit through it all again to find out.
I know some folk bashed the BBC format but at least you could skip through it and know where to stop to watch the bits you wanted. A good portion of C5s show is (as you'd expect) ads.
captainvinyl

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:02 am

I couldn't fault the BBC's efforts with their FL Show to be honest. I liked it. Only complaint would be when they didn't have a programme showing L1 and L2 when the Championship wasn't in action.

As for the C5 version though, I can't see me sitting in my kitchen again for another hour and a half watching that...!

Painful !!!!!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Next

Return to General Discussion