Gerrard charged!!

Re: Gerrard charged!!

Postby Phoenix » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:29 am

At all times, players are ambassadors for their club and in this case their country. IF he is found guilty and goes un-punished by the club or FA, what sort of message does that give out?
Phoenix

Postby RedRedWine1 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:35 am

I've read that Gerrard had asked the DJ to put his favourite song on, but the DJ refused to play it. Then Gerrard accidentally elbowed him in the face which prompted his mates to jump in.

I'd also be annoyed if a DJ didn't spin Journey, Don't stop believin' when I asked them to. Pricks. :lol:

Seriously though, all this "5 year jail sentance" crap I've glanced a in the Sun and Daily Mail is laughable. I don't know what Gerrard is aleged to have actually done, but having seen pictures of the chap who got boffed there didn't appear to much wrong with him. Fine, public apology, possibly some community service, and then we can get on with the rest of our lives.
RedRedWine1

Postby Aspers » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:41 am

See Judged, Juried and Sentanced on SV,
The stoopid scouse git hasn't a chance.
Lets wait and see eh,
If guilty kill him.
Aspers

Postby Keith » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:48 pm

Aspers wrote:See Judged, Juried and Sentanced on SV,

Or 'opening up a debate about a footballer on a football message board'?

Aspers wrote:The stoopid scouse git hasn't a chance.
Lets wait and see eh,
If guilty kill him.

He's scouse, why wait?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:52 pm

It's about time top flight fotball players actually earned their wages! I think if found guilty he should do community service. And I don't mean teach some kids some footy tricks because that aint punishment. He should do the bins, pick litter and clean up dog crap off pavements.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby RedRedWine1 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:46 pm

I think if Gerrard gets some community service it should be to prod the Goodison Park with a pitchfork at half-time, and flatten the diverts etc. Can't think of a worse punishment. Given that as a punishment or the option of going to jail, he might actually chose jail. Think of all the fun all the blue-nosed evertonians would have. :lol:

Edit: This assumes he is guilty, which as he has not been proved as innocent, he clearly is as decided by British Press.
RedRedWine1

Postby mr dog » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:55 pm

your all jealous just because steven could beat the morecambe team by himself !
you jokers.
he hasnt done anything
mr dog

Postby Phoenix » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:59 pm

At last, an expert eye witness :lol:
Phoenix

Postby mr dog » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:11 pm

dont get cocky feeniks
mr dog

Postby RedRedWine1 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:35 pm

mr dog wrote:your all jealous just because steven could beat the morecambe team by himself !

With what implement? Champagne bottle?
RedRedWine1

Postby Aal » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:34 pm

Let's look at the precedents here.

Joey Barton ended up being sent down but he has been allowed to play again.

If same thing happens to Gerrard then surely he can be welcomed back.

It will surely be very interesting to hear the North Enders reaction to him tomorrow
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby Joel Ninety » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:46 pm

How do you "accidentally" elbow someone in the face? Is he like a grasshopper or something and has ears on his elbows he was using to listen to the DJ saying no to his request?

As a DJ I'd like to know what song he was asking for. Going off what a lot of footballers listen to I would probably have elbowed him in the face myself for requesting something horrendous.
Joel Ninety

Postby B.H.C #3 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:44 am

Hi Joel are you a united fan?
B.H.C #3

Postby Joel Ninety » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:00 pm

B.H.C #3 wrote:Hi Joel are you a united fan?

Hello. It doesn't matter who I may or may not support in this situation. My question related to Steven Gerrard's anatomy, the arts, and the profession which I share with the victim. However, I am a fan of justice.

Now considering that, yes, as everybody well knows I am a supporter of Manchester United F.C. I may have a negative opinion from the outset of one Steven Gerrard. However, had this allegation been made against Wayne Rooney I would still be disappointed in the man and if he deserved a custodial sentence that he would get it. No doubt people would be calling for him to be dropped from the England team and executed in a live televised hanging.

Joey Barton beat seven shades out of some kid on Bold Street in Liverpool. Joey Barton deserved to go to jail. Steven Gerrard, saviour of English football, kicked off in a pub over something petty and shall be sentenced for it.

On a lighter note, should Steven Gerrard go to prison I believe we would have a better chance of winning the next World Cup. The opposition's corner flag is not playing as a target man for our team so a long ball up to it isn't going to help.
Joel Ninety

Postby Bare Ben » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:18 pm

So, so bitter :roll:
Bare Ben

Postby Aal » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:50 pm

Thought that Gerrard played well against Preston tonight.

Amazes me how somebody can put what's hanging over him to the back of his mind like he did.

The eventual outcome could make or break Liverpool's season
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby ezz » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:19 pm

He's not going to get a prison sentence......
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:46 am

No one knows what he's actually done yet, so we can all speculate (or have a bit of fun) with what he may have done (as I did) and what the possible punishment my be, but we really don't know. Anyone who claims to know better is either thick, a United Fan, or both (they are not mutually exclusive events, in fact I think somebody should look into the positive correlation that exists).
RedRedWine1

Previous

Return to General Discussion