Have a look at the interview after Saturdays game at Exeter
Blackpool Shrimp

Re: Aaron Wildig

Postby Joel Ninety » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:55 pm

no.
Joel Ninety

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:00 pm

before you posted this,i was looking at a pic of him and the first thing i thought,was 'gosh,he looks nothing like owen hargreaves at all' so i showed it the wife and she said 'how could you ever contemplate thinking this ridiculous thought,are you blind?'
full scale argument ensued,and even though we were in agreement we decided to check out if they were related,by contacting somerset house for a family tree,after picking himself up off the floor,the geneologist checked it out and found they were not connected on both sides!!

he said, 'this is unique,i have not come across two people so unrelated in my 60 years working here,you pair of f****ing idiots!!

so no.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:46 pm

At first glance I thought the bottom picture was last years Eurovision winner
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:47 pm

Getting closer, looks more like O.H. here than himself, then changed his look from Conchita :o (according to Seasider) and probably wishes he had Hargreaves' wallet
2015-03-30 21.45.25.jpg
2015-03-30 21.45.25.jpg (80.26 KiB) Viewed 2712 times
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat May 02, 2015 8:19 pm

Had a superb game today - hope we can sign him up!!

You know it makes sense Aaron!!

(Reminds me also of Kev from Derek....!)

Anyway. Please stay Aaron.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (37.45 KiB) Viewed 2028 times
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Christies Child » Sun May 03, 2015 11:24 am

Last season Jamie and Ryan came in as loanees and made a world of difference. This season we have had Aaron and boy what an influence the guy has had on us. :D

Yesterday he provided the killer ball for Jack to open the scoring and continued to dictate play with some very intelligent use of the ball which he crowned off with a goal himself. :D

I'd love for our 'new' midfield next season to be built around him but suspect that our location may prove the stumbling block in future negotiations but would be delighted to be proved wrong.

IF we could afford to bring Perks in as well :?: all we would then need would be to find a goal scoring midfielder which by the sounds of it is high on the list of Jimbo's priorities.

Interesting that in the last 2 games that Fleming has been taken off and the team have gone on to win the game. Maybe a sign of things to come.... :?: :?: :?: ;)

Couldn't make the presentation last night but was Aaron there... :?: :?: :?:

Looking at the number of viewings of this thread could suggest that a lot of fans are keen to see if he will be with us next season. Certainly created a lot of interest that's for sure.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby chipbuns » Sun May 03, 2015 2:43 pm

Christies Child wrote:IF we could afford to bring Perks in as well :?:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Seriously, We are not getting Perkins.
chipbuns

Postby Keith » Sun May 03, 2015 4:34 pm

Christies Child wrote:I'd love for our 'new' midfield next season to be built around him...

...Interesting that in the last 2 games that Fleming has been taken off and the team have gone on to win the game. Maybe a sign of things to come.... :?: :?: :?: ;)

I think since Wildig has arrived, Fleming's form has improved. Aaron is bringing the best out of Flemo (although I was screaming at Fleming to shoot on a couple of occasions yesterday!) I wouldn't be too unhappy if we saw most of next season's 'new' midfield on show yesterday.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby parceldave » Sun May 03, 2015 8:15 pm

Keith wrote:
Christies Child wrote:I'd love for our 'new' midfield next season to be built around him...

...Interesting that in the last 2 games that Fleming has been taken off and the team have gone on to win the game. Maybe a sign of things to come.... :?: :?: :?: ;)

I think since Wildig has arrived, Fleming's form has improved. Aaron is bringing the best out of Flemo (although I was screaming at Fleming to shoot on a couple of occasions yesterday!) I wouldn't be too unhappy if we saw most of next season's 'new' midfield on show yesterday.

I think we need to replace the guy who has just retired with a bit younger version
parceldave

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon May 04, 2015 8:13 am

Aaron Wildig has been superb for us and one of the reasons for our fine finish. I think we lost just 2 matches since he signed.

I hope Jim can do a deal and sign him ;)
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby HALMA 1983 » Mon May 04, 2015 2:46 pm

chipbuns wrote:

He's staying in League one with the plastics
HALMA 1983

Postby Christies Child » Mon May 04, 2015 3:57 pm

OLDHAMADE wrote:
chipbuns wrote:

He's staying in League one with the plastics

Was always going to happen I suppose but would have been excellent if it had come off and something that would have provided much needed bite in our midfield. Just hope that Jimbo can persuade Aaron that he's wanted and that we can bring in other midfielders to supplement the leagues leading collective strike force.
Christies Child

Postby james456 » Mon May 04, 2015 4:16 pm

I'm curious as to what others see in Wildig and why he's so highly rated? For me, he's been completely invisible in games. He seems like another Damien Allen - a steady passing midfielder but quite lightweight and unspectacular.
james456

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon May 04, 2015 4:28 pm

james456 wrote:I'm curious as to what others see in Wildig and why he's so highly rated? For me, he's been completely invisible in games. He seems like another Damien Allen - a steady passing midfielder but quite lightweight and unspectacular.

You must have been watching someone else.

He has been tackling and dispossessing opponents and then making surging runs usually with a constructive pass , a bit like the one that Jack Redshaw smashed into Southend's net.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Mon May 04, 2015 5:20 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
james456 wrote:I'm curious as to what others see in Wildig and why he's so highly rated? For me, he's been completely invisible in games. He seems like another Damien Allen - a steady passing midfielder but quite lightweight and unspectacular.

He has been tackling and dispossessing opponents and then making surging runs usually with a constructive pass , a bit like the one that Jack Redshaw smashed into Southend's net.

Too right.

Just look at the highlights from Saturday and you'll see that he's always putting his arm up as if to say pass the ball to me which is some thing that very few of our team do on a regular basis. He's constantly looking for space to draw the opposition to him which enables others to have more space in which to play. Would be an excellent edition in my opinion and it's little wonder that Jimbo was after him earlier in the season.

I'm no fan of Fleming but I have to admit that since Aaron was in the team he's improved his game...not enough to warrant a new contract but he has improved.
Christies Child

Postby SimplyRed MFC » Tue May 05, 2015 7:13 pm

I read on his arrival on loan here that Aaron considered himself very comfortable at League 1 level when he was there with Shrewsbury.

In which case, now back to full fitness again, he probably thinks this League 2 is a doddle !
Qiality player, hope we can build midfield around him next season.
SimplyRed MFC

Postby Pablo » Tue May 05, 2015 9:47 pm

Christies Child wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:

Too right.

Just look at the highlights from Saturday and you'll see that he's always putting his arm up as if to say pass the ball to me which is some thing that very few of our team do on a regular basis. He's constantly looking for space to draw the opposition to him which enables others to have more space in which to play. Would be an excellent edition in my opinion and it's little wonder that Jimbo was after him earlier in the season.

I'm no fan of Fleming but I have to admit that since Aaron was in the team he's improved his game...not enough to warrant a new contract but he has improved.

Ditto CC. I've been impressed with him as well. Dare I say it, a surging central midfielder. Looking to go forward. Not in the same class as drummy in his prime, but there's time on his side. A bright future ahead if we can sign him up.
Up the football league we go
Pablo

Location: At the end of the yellow brick road with a set of crutches

Return to General Discussion