Southend fan in peace...need of help

Southend fan in peace...need of help

Postby Bluesouthend » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:34 pm

Hello,as you all might know we (southend) have sold out all off our tickets for satudays game,I was wondering if I got a ticket in the home end and then asked a steward about just moving into the away end,would they do that?
Thank you
Bluesouthend

Re: Southend fan in peace...need of help

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:43 pm

No
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby bill ding » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:23 pm

South end been handed the north terrace. For Saturday increasing their ticket allowance by 600
:shock:
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby rochfordshrimper » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:45 pm

Hi all another Shrimper in Peace.

Looking forward to another exillerarting day on saturday, similar to the Swansea away dat finale when we went up from L1 and not like the Grimsby last day, when a draw saw us into the L2 play offs, the only succesful negotiation of the play offs we have managed. The Swansea fans we marvellous after the final whistle and I still look for their results on the back of that.

Anyway, just to give you an update on the ticket situation down here;

The first 1,700 tickets sold out early today and there is a list formed at SUFC containing 750 names so far.
Therefore the 600 terrace tickets extra that your club has kindly negotiated, I would expect to go tomorrow, with 150 people going to is out. Therefore for your attendance predictions should bank on 2,300 official away fans. A bit of grumpiness down here that there has been no season ticket holder priority, but that's our clubs issue, but a bumper pay day for you guys, and hopefully that's good news for any club at our level.

Just popped on to wish you all the best for the game on Saturday, whatever hapens, but it goes without saying what I'm hoping for. UTB
rochfordshrimper

Postby Keith » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:05 pm

rochfordshrimper wrote:...a bumper pay day for you guys, and hopefully that's good news for any club at our level.

Just popped on to wish you all the best for the game on Saturday, whatever hapens, but it goes without saying what I'm hoping for. UTB

That's why we beat Wycombe, to boost the number of fans you'd bring! :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're on a fantastic run, seven wins on the trot. But we've won six out of the last six league games between us and you've never beaten us in the League. Hopefully it will be a cracking game.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby bill ding » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:18 pm

Not only have we generously given you extra tickets but we have also arranged a fly by (weather permitting) abut 4:00 . Unfortunately we can't arrange a win, you will have to work very hard for that . Oh and tell Phil very Brown not to worry there are plenty of sunbed shops in the area for him to top up ;)
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby parceldave » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:36 pm

Being outnumbered almost 2 to 1 at home , how embarrassing is that . :oops:
parceldave

Postby bill ding » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:38 pm

parceldave wrote:Being outnumbered almost 2 to 1 at home , how embarrassing is that . :oops:

We can't afford to be embarrassed . Let's get some cash while we can !
bill ding

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:58 pm

I know there are rules to adhere to, but it does seem crazy with people clambering for tickets they can't have, when there are 3000 empty places at our end.
As we are safe etc. I would give the Omega standers, seats in the PMG with a food & drink voucher, let them have it and take the money.

Waits for the fall out
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:03 pm

marky No.1 wrote:I know there are rules to adhere to, but it does seem crazy with people clambering for tickets they can't have, when there are 3000 empty places at our end.
As we are safe etc. I would give the Omega standers, seats in the PMG with a food & drink voucher, let them have it and take the money.

Waits for the fall out

WHAT!!!!!!!! I MIGHT AFTER SIT NEXT TO CC. :?
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby outsider » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:06 pm

marky No.1 wrote:I know there are rules to adhere to, but it does seem crazy with people clambering for tickets they can't have, when there are 3000 empty places at our end.

Waits for the fall out

Give them ALL the PMG charge full price and move the prawn sarnie lot to the Omega?
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:09 pm

outsider wrote:

Waits for the fall out

Give them ALL the PMG charge full price and move the prawn sarnie lot to the Omega?

Then they'll HAVE to stand up if they love Morecambe .... !!

:lol:
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:13 pm

outsider wrote:

Waits for the fall out

In the negotiation period, can we have a deckchair with picnic table as well as a prawn sarnie? Am I pushing it to have a beer with a plastic glass, if yes deal is done!
marky No.1

Postby parceldave » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:19 pm

outsider wrote:

Waits for the fall out

Too far to walk in my condition and wont be able to see a bladdy thing, and if we're in hospitality no access. ;)
parceldave

Postby RedRedWine » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:24 pm

Move hospitality into the community block? I like your thinking Outsider.

Technically can you get a season ticket for the North Terrace? Isn't it an Omega or North Stand season ticket? If so the club aren't really relocating Berlin Wallers, they're just not opening it to home fans on Saturday. It's forecasted rain on Saturday; I'd assume most people would have gone in the Omega anyway.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby parceldave » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:33 pm

RedRedWine wrote:Move hospitality into the community block? I like your thinking Outsider.

Technically can you get a season ticket for the North Terrace? Isn't it an Omega or North Stand season ticket? If so the club aren't really relocating Berlin Wallers, they're just not opening it to home fans on Saturday. It's forecasted rain on Saturday; I'd assume most people would have gone in the Omega anyway.

Is there a kitchen in the community block to bake my oven chips :?:
parceldave

Postby shrimperama » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:26 am

Thanks for the extra seats. It's nice to see a refreshing change and have a club excercise a little common sense.

My mate is going down the club this morning but I'm still not convinced I will get a ticket or even if I can get off work, but I'm working on it.

You always beat us but hopefully with you safe and probably be glad to see the back of another southern club we may just get by this time and we are in amazing form. The best in the country I believe.

Huge away support automatic promotion excellent form. What could go wrong?
shrimperama

Postby John L » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:41 am

shrimperama wrote:Thanks for the extra seats. It's nice to see a refreshing change and have a club excercise a little common sense.

You'll need to bring your own seats... and check the weather forecast! :lol:
John L

Postby SolentShrimp » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:06 am

shrimperama wrote:Thanks for the extra seats. It's nice to see a refreshing change and have a club excercise a little common sense.

A couple of years ago Shrimpers let the Shrimp fans into Roots Hall for a £Fiver.
I could have got that back too if I'd charged folk to use my binoculars to oggle the half-time entertainment. :shock:
We all have Human Rights, but they come with Human Responsibilities. Ignore the latter and you risk losing the rights to the former.

People who campaign for equality and freedom of speech amaze me. Disagree with them, and you'll be shouted down.
SolentShrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:11 am

shrimperama wrote:What could go wrong?

Not leaving enough time to get the 5 miles from J34 to the stadium.
Bank Holiday, roadworks, Greyhound Bridge, Carlisle Bridge, Shrimp Roundabout.
How it will cope with an extra 500 vehicles going down Westgate :?

Set off at 6 if I were you, the M6 restrictions around Birmingham/Stafford go on forever too
marky No.1

Postby rochfordshrimper » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:07 am

marky No.1 wrote:

Set off at 6 if I were you, the M6 restrictions around Birmingham/Stafford go on forever too

Oh no! it's only Teusday morning and my Saturday's gone Pete Tong already!!
rochfordshrimper

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:07 am

marky No.1 wrote:

Add to that Mark that it is Morecambe Carnival Day / Weekend too ..........
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Gnasher » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:28 am

marky No.1 wrote:

M6 J35, A6 / Marine Rd to Broadway, left to Shrimp R'bout then Westgate. No roadworks, no bridges.

If you've got an NVQ3 in the use of Satnavs or remember how to read maps, M6 J35, Nether Kellet, Bolton-Le-Sands, Torrisholme, Shrimp R'bout then Westgate.

Approx. 7 miles further but if there's any traffic in Lancaster (there definitely will be) then they're quicker. I'd avoid the promenade, nothing on the Saturday that would need to close the road but it can be a very slow drive on a busy day.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:31 am

Gnasher wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:

M6 J35, A6 / Marine Rd to Broadway, left to Shrimp R'bout then Westgate. No roadworks, no bridges.

If you've got an NVQ3 in the use of Satnavs or remember how to read maps, M6 J35, Nether Kellet, Bolton-Le-Sands, Torrisholme, Shrimp R'bout then Westgate.

Approx. 7 miles further but if there's any traffic in Lancaster (there definitely will be) then they're quicker. I'd avoid the promenade, nothing on the Saturday that would need to close the road but it can be a very slow drive on a busy day.

Have you experienced the Carnforth Booths/Aldi /Tesco traffic lights on a Bank Holiday, Brian? :lol:
Agreed , it will be quicker than J34, but it won't be plain sailing.. Do you really expect strangers to find the Kellet/BLS route ;)
marky No.1

Postby Gnasher » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:43 am

Know it well on Bank Holidays but I've usually found the worse queues heading towards J35, not from it. Kellet/BLS isn't that bad at all. From the South, come off J35, take the exit just short of going back the way you came signed Kirby Lonsdale and Over Kellet Quarries. Right at the end, over the motorway, left. At the next 3 T-junctions it's right left right. At the lights, Left. Welcome to Morecambe.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Next

Return to General Discussion