Sea of red

Sea of red

Postby outsider » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:58 am

I have 200 ish balloons, which I am thinking of bringing on Saturday. Why don't we make our last home game of the season, a party? If we made the home end a sea of red it might lift the team to playing better. Red shirts new or old. Even red t shirts, wigs etc?

Southend will bring a good few so on second thoughts we might be better treating it like an away game...... :lol:
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Re: Sea of red

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:23 pm

Sounds like a plan. :D

If the weather is an nice as it was v Burton though we might find most of the Omega's on The Berlin Wall again!!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Wild Bill » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:41 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:If the weather is an nice as it was v Burton though we might find most of the Omega's on The Berlin Wall again!!

Not anymore. We have given the stand away!

Is there anything the club can do at this late stage to avoid us being outnumbered at home for the first time at the Globe? I guess if we discounted our home end tickets it would all kick off with the Shrimpers?

Still, will be a better atmosphere in the home areas now we are in only two stands even with our usual 1500. :D
Wild Bill

Postby Christies Child » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:06 pm

Wild Bill wrote:
Seasider9601 wrote:If the weather is an nice as it was v Burton though we might find most of the Omega's on The Berlin Wall again!!

Is there anything the club can do at this late stage to avoid us being outnumbered at home for the first time at the Globe? I guess if we discounted our home end tickets it would all kick off with the Shrimpers?

Still, will be a better atmosphere in the home areas now we are in only two stands even with our usual 1500. :D

Sorry but for me this is a bad move to give the entire North Stand to the Shrimpers. Half would have been the better option which would still enable those who prefer the North Stand to other areas of the ground. I somehow feel that the North regulars may decide to boycott the game which could have been avoided.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:11 pm

The away supporters on 3 sides of our stadium!! Well is a meaningless game to us really so let more shrimpers in to see if they can end the hoodoo we have over them!! Be amusing if it poured down in the first half though! :D Anyone know where i can get a gasmask from seeing as i have to stand in the smoking zone?
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Christies Child » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:27 pm

Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Wild Bill » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:30 pm

Christies Child wrote:
Wild Bill wrote:

Sorry but for me this is a bad move to give the entire North Stand to the Shrimpers. Half would have been the better option which would still enable those who prefer the North Stand to other areas of the ground. I somehow feel that the North regulars may decide to boycott the game which could have been avoided.

The Club have got this bang on. Southend have got 750 names on a list for 600 tickets. They could probably sell 3000+ tickets for this fixture. The North Terrace can't be safely divided anyway as it only has one turnstile block and one exit.

North Stand regulars would surely understand we really had no choice to give them the stand for this one-off game. We will probably make an extra £10K in revenue from Southend fans on the terrace, which could possibly be the difference between signing a new player or not during the summer.
Wild Bill

Postby Morecambe Jack » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:48 pm

Absolutely a fair decision, we are not in a financial position to turn down a guaranteed £10k+.

Would be good to see it backed up with an offer to boost the home attendance, perhaps all season tickets could bring a friend for a fiver or something.
Morecambe Jack

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:09 pm

Wild Bill wrote:

Of course there is! It's the Morecambe carnival so there will be plenty people out in the town. The club could arrange some people to do a bit of canvassing down the Prom from Saturday morning onwards so people know there's a game on. Maybe entice people with offers on drinks in the bar? Pie and a pint for a fiver? Reduce match day tickets to £10 for all areas? Would be a great opportunity for a quid a kid offer. Thing is, the commercial department at the club hasn't got a bloody clue!!! Why the club isn't doing any of these things is a shambles, do they want to try and improve attendances or not? Keep reading about falling crowds but what is the club actually doing about it?
heysham_mfc

Postby RedRedWine » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:18 pm

Up to 3 kids already go free with a paying adult, never mind quid a kid!
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:19 pm

11175021_416090585237647_5345995238292743923_n.jpg
11175021_416090585237647_5345995238292743923_n.jpg (138.13 KiB) Viewed 505 times
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Wild Bill » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:26 pm

How the hell can we compete with Dancing Horses? Ha ha!

Be great if we could get a few hundred extra in. I would send someone down to hand out flyers offering something like X2 tickets for £20 or something? Worth a try if there are lots of people milling around in the morning?
Wild Bill

Postby RedRedWine » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:33 pm

We're on a hiding to nothing. This is Morecambe, free event wins every time. Morecambe legends game vs ex-premiership pros managed by big Sam or RAF flyover on the prom (which you could see at The Globe anyway) = 300 on the gate for charity.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Return to General Discussion