Southend fan in peace

Southend fan in peace

Postby SUFC1906 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:05 pm

Hi Shrimps,

It would be rude of me not to start off by thanking you for your excellent win over Wycombe on Saturday. Congratulations on another decent campaign, I'm sure next season with Jim Bentley you can push on even more.

Now my main point. Please lose on Saturday. We appear to be unable to beat you ever so I think I need to appeal to your players to give us a helping hand. Please pass on the message that Wycombe are a horrific outfit whose fans regularly go to the toilet without washing their hands.

I also hear that Bury FC players, fans and management are equally terrible human beings and only visit their nans once a year at Christmas and almost never remember Fathers Day.

By losing on Saturday you will basically be doing your bit and all your players will almost certainly go to heaven (Adam Barrett Himself will give his personal assurance at the final whistle).

In all seriousness we are all expecting a very tough and tense afternoon, but there will be a good Shrimpers following of, well, whatever you give us, which I understand is 1,700?

Any decent pubs serving the ale that you would recommend pre-match? Got nine of us coming up in a minibus so it doesn't matter if it's a little away from the ground.

Thanks in advance.
SUFC1906

Re: Southend fan in peace

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:07 pm

Welcome, SUFC :D

We now have a Marston's pub (The Hurley Flyer) at the very front of our ground which is always well populated on a match day by away fans.

Our Football League record so far .........

Played 9. Won 8. Drawn 1.

:D :D :D
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby SUFC1906 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:10 pm

You don't need to remind me of our hoodoo. I came to the Globe once before, a cold day in February 2012. Eight of us hired a limo, we wore dressing gowns, and inevitably saw us lose 1-0. We got some funny looks that day for sure.

However, these records are there to be broken (I think) so I haven't totally given up hope.
SUFC1906

Postby Shrimpy » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:12 pm

SUFC1906 wrote:By losing on Saturday you will basically be doing your bit and all your players will almost certainly go to heaven (Adam Barrett Himself will give his personal assurance at the final whistle).

Are you saying that Adam Barrett is going to go on some kind of murder spreee at full time? I think I'd rather see us win if that's the case!
Shrimpy

Postby SUFC1906 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:14 pm

No, Adam Barrett is a very nice man. My point was that he may well be the Almighty in human form and therefore is able to pull some strings for the future. I did not wish to indicate that there would be any kind of massacre next week, I'm sure that kind of thing would result in a points deduction.
SUFC1906

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:33 pm

SUFC1906 wrote:Any decent pubs serving the ale that you would recommend pre-match? Got nine of us coming up in a minibus so it doesn't matter if it's a little away from the ground.

Thanks in advance.

There are a few choices, Seasider has mentioned the Hurley which is right next door - you can park there for free if you have food (knock your £10 off the bill) - you will get plastic glasses but isn't as lively as your Railway or Blue Boar!

If you want to do a bit of a tour there is the York where Mick will welcome you with his cask, then a Wetherspoons (don't tell Mick) nearer the prom and our "Eric", the Kings Arms opposite the statue then the Ranch House along the prom nearer the ground.
The William Mitchell is down the road from the Globe which will also show Leicester v Newcastle.

None will have jellied eels and if you like seafood we can't beat Leigh on Sea!
Good luck, we will be having a party anyway although I don't want Bury (local) or Southend (great weekend) to go up :?

Enjoy your day, I'm sure it will be less relaxed than ours! ;)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby bill ding » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:35 pm

Isnt it nice to be popular . First the bury fans flooding sir Kev of Ellison with praise and now Southend getting in on the act .
This is what Mr and Mrs Scarr (Local lottery winners SUFC1906) must feel like at this moment ;)
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby SolentShrimp » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:54 pm

A vote for The Tivoli.
It's on the prom opposite Eric's statue.
Populated by friendly 'salt of the earth' types, many of them expats, who visited Morecambe for the day but never left.
And the brew is Samuel Smith's finest.
We all have Human Rights, but they come with Human Responsibilities. Ignore the latter and you risk losing the rights to the former.

People who campaign for equality and freedom of speech amaze me. Disagree with them, and you'll be shouted down.
SolentShrimp

Postby SUFC1906 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:20 pm

I do like a Samuel Smith's house, found one in Accrington first game of the season when we got change from £15 for seven pints, couldn't believe it being from the saarf. CAMRA website seems to suggest there's no ale in the Tivoli though which seems odd.
SUFC1906

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:57 pm

SUFC1906 wrote:I do like a Samuel Smith's house, found one in Accrington

greyhound.jpg
greyhound.jpg (6.06 KiB) Viewed 863 times
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby SUFC1906 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:45 pm

While I'm here today, thanks to Morecambe FC for agreeing to give us the terrace along the side of the pitch. There were a lot of fans worried they might not get tickets (even though they've had a fortnight and strangely enough there were no queues before Saturday...) so this will help a fair few people out, great gesture.
SUFC1906

Postby halftimeresults » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:23 pm

It's probably the right thing to do as it makes us a little more cash but I know of a few cheesed off shrimps that have stood there all season!
halftimeresults

william mitchell

Postby mfcbro » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:23 pm

My regular pub will make sure you all welcome good pub grub and only a 10 minute walk ftom the ground.2 for £10 is a bargain.
mfcbro

Postby SimplyRed MFC » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:14 pm

SUFC, I was seriously considering your proposal which was going quite well until you started taunting us with pictures of Accrington :)
Now we will just have to beat you again

But hope you have a good trip though
SimplyRed MFC

Return to General Discussion