O/t Welcome back Barnet Fc

O/t Welcome back Barnet Fc

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:04 pm

Well done to Barnet on winning promotion back to the football league today

Bet Bristol Rovers are gutted after amassing 91 pts and only managin 2nd
Blackpool Shrimp

Re: O/t Welcome back Barnet Fc

Postby Aal » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:48 am

Over the years Conference Runners Up have often scored a mass of points but failed to go up..puzzles me why it is organised like that for only the champions of a 24 team division get automatic promotion
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby SolentShrimp » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:44 am

Blackpool Shrimp wrote:

They'll be even more gutted when they get dumped by Eastleigh. :D
We all have Human Rights, but they come with Human Responsibilities. Ignore the latter and you risk losing the rights to the former.

People who campaign for equality and freedom of speech amaze me. Disagree with them, and you'll be shouted down.
SolentShrimp

Postby John L » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:31 am

SolentShrimp wrote:
Blackpool Shrimp wrote:

They'll be even more gutted when they get dumped by Eastleigh. :D

So will I! East... where???
John L

Postby Freez » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:16 pm

It's about three miles north of Southampton, and slowly being subsumed as a suburb of it.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby SolentShrimp » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:05 pm

I'd be a 2nd Home game for me too [providing I'm in the country]. :)
Easy to get to by road, M6, M42, M40, A34, M3, and just off it before Scumampton.
And just about doable by train same day.
We all have Human Rights, but they come with Human Responsibilities. Ignore the latter and you risk losing the rights to the former.

People who campaign for equality and freedom of speech amaze me. Disagree with them, and you'll be shouted down.
SolentShrimp

Postby outsider » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:18 pm

SolentShrimp wrote:I'd be a 2nd Home game for me too [providing I'm in the country]. :)
Easy to get to by road, M6, M42, M40, A34, M3, and just off it before Scumampton. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
And just about doable by train same day.
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Posh » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:21 pm

Please please give us Barnet at home or away first match next season.

A chance to get the Burton banner back out again.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:34 pm

Wonder if it will be third time lucky for Stanners. Even though Bristol Rovers have deserved promotion it would be nice to see Craig Stanley back at the Globe with Eastleigh.
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby Mark S » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:47 pm

BoroRedShrimp wrote:Wonder if it will be third time lucky for Stanners. Even though Bristol Rovers have deserved promotion it would be nice to see Craig Stanley back at the Globe with Eastleigh.

That would be some acheivement! Three promotions from the Conference to the Football League with three different teams!

Mike - The Burton banner is still safe in my garage. Just let me know. A cheap swap of urton for arnet :lol:
Mark S

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:08 am

Mark S wrote:
BoroRedShrimp wrote:Wonder if it will be third time lucky for Stanners. Even though Bristol Rovers have deserved promotion it would be nice to see Craig Stanley back at the Globe with Eastleigh.

That would be some acheivement! Three promotions from the Conference to the Football League with three different teams!

Mike - The Burton banner is still safe in my garage. Just let me know. A cheap swap of urton for arnet :lol:

I agree be great to see Stanners back at the Globe. It would be even more special if they manage to get promotion & we get them on the opening day with a welcome banner.
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby Ntini » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:00 pm

Aal wrote:Over the years Conference Runners Up have often scored a mass of points but failed to go up..puzzles me why it is organised like that for only the champions of a 24 team division get automatic promotion

I'm surprised that since we were a part of the consortium of teams asking for the playoffs that no team has since lead the charge on getting a second automatic promotion spot.

The playoffs made a huge difference to the last 2 or 3 months of the season. There's not as much of a gap now between L2 and the conference, especially seem as there have been a number of more established teams dropping out of the league.

I think the only people who would oppose another team to drop out of the league with an automatic place added to the conference would be those in threat of relegation each season. I'd hope that we don't see that as a big issue and would like to think it would be an extra incentive for us to keep trying to improve, however tight the budget is.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Return to General Discussion