Cheltenham & Tranmere

Postby George Dawes » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:07 pm

Cheltenham DOWN

Tranmere without Ronnie Moore DOWN

Hartlepool with Ronnie Moore stay UP
George Dawes

Re: Cheltenham & Tranmere

Postby ShrimpMM » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:30 pm

We should be after Max Power from Tranmere as part of our midfield overhaul, and Lee Molyneux to provide competition for Wilson while we're at it
ShrimpMM

Postby halftimeresults » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:33 pm

I was thinking Max Power too!
halftimeresults

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:37 pm

Poor old Nerso. Still, no more midweek visits to Cheltenham. :D
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Kendalshrimp » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:42 pm

ShrimpMM wrote:We should be after Max Power from Tranmere as part of our midfield overhaul, and Lee Molyneux to provide competition for Wilson while we're at it

I've heard lee molyneux is a player were chasing max power would be a great addition too.
Kendalshrimp

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:43 pm

Bye bye to the old Christie park (likeness) stand!
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Christies Child » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:49 pm

Kendalshrimp wrote:
ShrimpMM wrote:We should be after Max Power from Tranmere as part of our midfield overhaul, and Lee Molyneux to provide competition for Wilson while we're at it

I've heard lee molyneux is a player were chasing max power would be a great addition too.

..and so the speculation starts before the season even finishes.....BUT good shout on both KS... ;) but suspect that LM will be Stanley bound... :?:
Last edited by Christies Child on Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby halftimeresults » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:12 pm

I want Power on the back of My shirt :lol:
halftimeresults

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:23 pm

I'm sure Phil will sort you out next time you go to the darts
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Victor » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:26 pm

I'm glad Tranmere have gone down...nasty bunch of fans...and I was glad it was an ex Shrimp that put the nail in the coffin!
Victor

Postby Lloydie » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:27 pm

Glad to see the back of Cheltenham and their whinging fans, shame about Tranmere for local games as not many left now
Lloydie

Postby parceldave » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:35 pm

Christies Child wrote:
Kendalshrimp wrote:

..and so the speculation starts before the season even finishes.....BUT good shout on both KS... ;) but suspect that LM will be Stanley bound... :?:

Early bird catches the worm Neil , unfortunately we need to off load first and while we're fumbling someone will come a rumbling. ;)
parceldave

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:41 pm

marky No.1 wrote:I'm sure Phil will sort you out next time you go to the darts

Maybe he meant 1970's moustached ex Man City left back Paul Power !
Seasider9601

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:57 pm

I am sure their will be a lot of interest in Max Power. I seem to remember a few clubs taking an interest in him from newspaper reports not long back. Can't see our budget competing with bigger clubs if the speculation is correct. Cole Stockton or Kayode Odejayi may be worth a look at if Jack Sampson leaves.
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby Christies Child » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:11 pm

BoroRedShrimp wrote:I am sure their will be a lot of interest in Max Power. I seem to remember a few clubs taking an interest in him from newspaper reports not long back. Can't see our budget competing with bigger clubs if the speculation is correct. Cole Stockton or Kayode Odejayi may be worth a look at if Jack Sampson leaves.

Seem to recall that Jimbo expressed an interest in him last close season after impressing when with Stanley.

:?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:43 pm

Christies Child wrote:
BoroRedShrimp wrote:I am sure their will be a lot of interest in Max Power. I seem to remember a few clubs taking an interest in him from newspaper reports not long back. Can't see our budget competing with bigger clubs if the speculation is correct. Cole Stockton or Kayode Odejayi may be worth a look at if Jack Sampson leaves.

Seem to recall that Jimbo expressed an interest in him last close season after impressing when with Stanley.

:?: :?: :?:

Yes I seem to remember the same. Be interesting if he goes back for him. Think he would be another good addition to our squad. Think Cole Stockton could turn out to be a good addition. I think he scored the winner against us at their place early in the season.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby George Dawes » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:55 pm

just sign their midfielders to replace our failing one's
George Dawes

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:56 pm

We are quite a solid side and with a few tweaks next season we could do what Burton have just achieved

Im hoping to get to games next season ...Really missed it but personal issues have been more important
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:27 pm

We have been inconsistent which is why Jim & Ken will be trying to put it right in the next few months to make us a stronger outfit. Cannot see Jack Sampson being here so he will probably need to be replaced.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby MfcChris » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:28 pm

Blackpool Shrimp wrote:We are quite a solid side and with a few tweaks next season we could do what Burton have just achieved

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We will never win a football league title in our lifetime
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:28 pm

Jim intimated at the recent forum he no longer thought Sampson was good enough for L2
Seasider9601

Glad to see Tranymire drop out of the league

Postby Arnside Red » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:04 pm

always trouble there, Neanderthals....
as for Kayode Odejayi , please don't even think of signing him, worst striker Ive ever seen...well almost...he really is terrible, when he was at Barnsley I think he scored 3 goals all season...one just happened to knock Chelsea out of the Cup fo football fans all over assume he is a great forward....he went on to miss the easiest chance ever at Wembley and cost Barnsley a cup final place......
Arnside Red

Re: Glad to see Tranymire drop out of the league

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:10 pm

Arnside Red wrote:always trouble there, Neanderthals....
as for Kayode Odejayi , please don't even think of signing him, worst striker Ive ever seen...well almost...he really is terrible, when he was at Barnsley I think he scored 3 goals all season...one just happened to knock Chelsea out of the Cup fo football fans all over assume he is a great forward....he went on to miss the easiest chance ever at Wembley and cost Barnsley a cup final place......

Jim must have seen something him in then if it was true he wanted to sign him last season. You can't always tell from previous clubs that a player isn't going to do well.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby The Marksman » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:15 am

BoroRedShrimp wrote:

Jim must have seen something him in then if it was true he wanted to sign him last season. You can't always tell from previous clubs that a player isn't going to do well.

He's been mediocre for Tranmere all season and is 33. I wouldn't bother with Stockton either, he might have scored against us but looked like a carthorse up until that point and hasn't done much else this season. Max Power would be great but he'll go higher than us. None of their defence is worth anything. I did think Marc Laird was decent against us and is at least tall, and Donnelly on loan from Swansea has been decent if he's up for another loan, as long as we play him as a forward and not on the wing as Micky Adams did. Apart from that, I'd be looking elsewhere.
The Marksman

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:02 am

The Marksman wrote:
BoroRedShrimp wrote:

He's been mediocre for Tranmere all season and is 33. I wouldn't bother with Stockton either, he might have scored against us but looked like a carthorse up until that point and hasn't done much else this season. Max Power would be great but he'll go higher than us. None of their defence is worth anything. I did think Marc Laird was decent against us and is at least tall, and Donnelly on loan from Swansea has been decent if he's up for another loan, as long as we play him as a forward and not on the wing as Micky Adams did. Apart from that, I'd be looking elsewhere.

Not what Jim thought if it was true he wanted to sign him last season. Also we have at least 5 players in their 30's so age has nothing to do with it. Drummond, Ellison, & Roche have been superb over the years so disagree about age has anything to do it. I would rather us look at diamonds in the conference or below, you only have to look at the likes of Scott Boden & Will Hatfield of AFC Halifax, that their are gems from the lower leagues rather than expensive players from Tranmere etc.
BoroRedShrimp

Next

Return to General Discussion