Contracts expiring this summer

Re: Contracts expiring this summer

Postby Christies Child » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:52 pm

halfwayprawn wrote:When Sampson first came he seemed to have a bit of quality but he soon got that taken from his game

Totally agree....

The same could be said of Mullers to some extent.

It's as though they have had their natural game side tracked for the need for them to become more defensive and this has hindered their goal scoring prowess.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby james456 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:17 pm

Unfortunately I don't think Sampson is a good enough footballer. His substitute performance against Hartlepool summed him up - not a bad target man physically but his ball control and passing aren't good enough for this level.

Mullin is a player I really like and for me should be leading the line in every game. I'm glad we have him tied down on a long deal.
james456

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:57 am

Christies Child wrote:
halfwayprawn wrote:When Sampson first came he seemed to have a bit of quality but he soon got that taken from his game

Totally agree....

The same could be said of Mullers to some extent.

It's as though they have had their natural game side tracked for the need for them to become more defensive and this has hindered their goal scoring prowess.

Still locked in to the Jimbo revolution CC I see.

This place really should drink in some horrible pub with no lighting, drinking Bitter with Statler, Waldorf, Ebeneezer Scrooge, The Grinch and Mr Sad.
SupermarketShrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:49 pm

Latest from The Visitor's interview with Jim:

http://www.thevisitor.co.uk/sport/footb ... -1-7177885
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:45 pm

Jack Sampson has gone on loan to Macclesfield
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby underbank » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:28 pm

Shrimpy wrote:Mark Hughes
Andy Wright
Jack Sampson
Ryan Williams
Kevin Ellison
Alan Goodall
Stewart Drummond
Andy Fleming
Laurence Wilson
Andreas Arestidou
Padraig Amond

This Summer could be a bloodbath! 11 players out of contract, many of whom have underperformed this season. What will Jim do? Will he let most go and use the money to bring several quality and consistency, or will he just let a couple go and bring in just 1 or 2 new faces?

For me, the only clear "keeper" is Padraig who's scored nearly as many goals as Jack & Kev, but has been on the pitch far fewer minutes. He's usually consistent and hard working which makes up for lack of skill. I'd be really sad to see him go and hope that Jim can keep him. Wilson is at least consistent and we do seem to struggle for left back position - he's better than Diagne and Threlfall anyway.

I wouldn't be surprised to see most of the others move on. Surely it's time for Drummy to hang up his boots, but will that save any money - will we have to pay the same for his management duties? What about Kev - strange that there's been no announcement sooner as his last renewal was announced just before Christmas a couple of years ago a good few months in advance. Unless he's willing to take a pay cut and accept less time on the pitch, can we afford to keep him and is it fair to Mullin not to get regular starts? Can we afford to pay Kev for coaching as well as Drummy?

I don't think Wright, Flemmo, Andreas, Hughes or Goodall are worthy of new contracts unfortunately - far too inconsistent. But then again, can Jim find anyone better for the money to replace Hughes? I once thought that Edwards and Paz would suffice if Hughes goes (backed up by Doyle), but recent performances by Paz make him look very unsure and dithering so now I'm not so sure.

Probably obvious that Williams and Sampson are on their way too. A real shame - they were real hard workers last season but have been sidelined this season. Got their noses pushed out big time.
underbank

Postby George Dawes » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:48 pm

underbank wrote: Padraig who's scored nearly as many goals as Jack & Kev, but has been on the pitch far fewer minutes. He's usually consistent and hard working which makes up for lack of skill. I'd be really sad to see him go and hope that Jim can keep him.
agree.

I don't think Wright, Flemmo, Andreas, Hughes or Goodall are worthy of new contracts unfortunately - far too inconsistent. But then again, can Jim find anyone better for the money to replace Hughes? I once thought that Edwards and Paz would suffice if Hughes goes (backed up by Doyle), but recent performances by Paz make him look very unsure and dithering so now I'm not so sure.
disagree Hughes even though he's a hothead , the defence collectively have done very well and no need to tinker with it. it's settled.

for me wholesale changes in midfield, get rid of the lot of them, not fit for purpose.

I would like Wildig but think the location may be a problem, and don't expect him to sign long term.
George Dawes

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:20 pm

underbank wrote:
For me, the only clear "keeper" is Padraig

Has to be Baz for me....

Who is negotiating contracts now?

Didn't see you in Smokeys this week, George
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby George Dawes » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:15 am

marky No.1 wrote: Didn't see you in Smokeys this week, George

be there for Soul Weekender though, :)
George Dawes

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:19 am

Mark Hughes
Andy Wright
Jack Sampson
Ryan Williams
Kevin Ellison
Alan Goodall
Stewart Drummond
Andy Fleming
Laurence Wilson
Andreas Arestidou
Padraig Amond

I expect to see Sampson,Williams and Arestidou on the released list. The rest are fine to stay really.

This is a side that with one of the smallest budgets and crowds in the league will finish in the top half.

You lot really need to give your heads a wobble. This side, again, has overachieved and Jim has proven ability in this league to do it. Bar a tiny bit of extra quality, we could have been looking at a playoff position this year.

Would you have taken that in August? I'd have with both hands, and frankly a repeat next year will be more than acceptable.
SupermarketShrimp

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:49 am

We do have a small budget but a decent side

We can still finish anywhere between 9th and 18th I think
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:56 am

IF changes to our central defensive positions are made then I'd be happy if Pablo Mills came in if only on a 12 month contract to allow Chris Doyle to gain more experience in an increasing number of first team opportunities.

Pablo for me was one of the outstanding defensive performances from a visiting team this season (Bury) and could provide additional experience in defense.

:?: :?: :?:

With regards to the rest I'd be concerned if Padraig was allowed to leave but for me I'd have no problems in letting them all go especially the midfielders.... :!: :!: :!:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:09 am

goneshrimping wrote:Mark Hughes
Andy Wright
Jack Sampson
Ryan Williams
Kevin Ellison
Alan Goodall
Stewart Drummond
Andy Fleming
Laurence Wilson
Andreas Arestidou
Padraig Amond

I expect to see Sampson,Williams and Arestidou on the released list. The rest are fine to stay really.

This is a side that with one of the smallest budgets and crowds in the league will finish in the top half.

You lot really need to give your heads a wobble. This side, again, has overachieved and Jim has proven ability in this league to do it. Bar a tiny bit of extra quality, we could have been looking at a playoff position this year.

Would you have taken that in August? I'd have with both hands, and frankly a repeat next year will be more than acceptable.

Out of those the only ones I would expect to leave (unless someone else offers them better terms) are:-

Jack Sampson

Ryan Williams

Alan Goodall (he has a clause that he gets another years contract if he plays a certain number of games)

Stewart Drummond won't be given a playing contract but to stay as head of youth

Andreas Arestidou Barry back as number 1 with young Tom as a bench warmer.

IMHO the present defence is fine and I would keep Andy Wright as a utility man who can fit in anywhere in the back 4 or back 5 and can also play as a holding midfielder.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Kendalshrimp » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:26 pm

Release stav wilson williams wright goodall sampson an manage kevs game time on a reduced contract.

Sign wildig another midfielder and a left back. If Scotty Davies is available try an sign him too.
Kendalshrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:28 pm

Kendalshrimp wrote: If Scotty Davies is available try an sign him too.

That'll be a no go.

Barry Roche will be back and at full fitness. :D

The 'keeper on the bench will most likely be Tom Stewart I'd imagine.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby underbank » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:05 pm

goneshrimping wrote:I expect to see Sampson,Williams and Arestidou on the released list. The rest are fine to stay really.

Can't imagine that Jim has that luxury to keep so many potentially higher earning players, some of whom will be sat warming the bench most of the time.

Don't forget money was very tight in the Summer of 2013 which was why Sampson, Diagne, etc were brought in and why we had to play the Wolves and Newcastle games with youngsters on the bench. It was only the Wolves and Newcastle cup money that gave Jim the cash pot to go out and get so many decent players early in 2014, i.e. Edwards, Beeley, Goodall, Devitt, etc. That money hasn't been repeated this season, which is probably why Jim had no money to bring in new loanees this year besides Wildig. I can't see how finances this Summer will be any better than two years ago before the televised cup matches.

If he only releases Sampson, Williams and Andreas, three of the younger cheaper players, where does the money come from to bring in the much needed new blood? We desperately need a couple of quality midfielders, but presumably, the savings of those three will only pay for one quality midfielder. No, I think we'll be seeing a few others go too to release some money for Jim's chequebook, otherwise he'll just be bringing in a few youngsters from the conference again and we'll be no better than we are now unless he manages to strike lucky.
underbank

Postby Kendalshrimp » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:24 pm

underbank wrote:
goneshrimping wrote:I expect to see Sampson,Williams and Arestidou on the released list. The rest are fine to stay really.

Can't imagine that Jim has that luxury to keep so many potentially higher earning players, some of whom will be sat warming the bench most of the time.

Don't forget money was very tight in the Summer of 2013 which was why Sampson, Diagne, etc were brought in and why we had to play the Wolves and Newcastle games with youngsters on the bench. It was only the Wolves and Newcastle cup money that gave Jim the cash pot to go out and get so many decent players early in 2014, i.e. Edwards, Beeley, Goodall, Devitt, etc. That money hasn't been repeated this season, which is probably why Jim had no money to bring in new loanees this year besides Wildig. I can't see how finances this Summer will be any better than two years ago before the televised cup matches.

If he only releases Sampson, Williams and Andreas, three of the younger cheaper players, where does the money come from to bring in the much needed new blood? We desperately need a couple of quality midfielders, but presumably, the savings of those three will only pay for one quality midfielder. No, I think we'll be seeing a few others go too to release some money for Jim's chequebook, otherwise he'll just be bringing in a few youngsters from the conference again and we'll be no better than we are now unless he manages to strike lucky.

Not if Ellison takes a pay cut Goodall won't be on low wages either an the likes of Hughes who hasn't been offered a new deal so far could easily free up space to get in new blood. It wouldn't surprise me if we sold Jack redshaw or Ryan Edwards this summer to try an boost the finances either, surely the sale of one of them two would be a minimum of £200k at least ?
Kendalshrimp

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:33 pm

Kendalshrimp wrote:
underbank wrote:

Not if Ellison takes a pay cut Goodall won't be on low wages either an the likes of Hughes who hasn't been offered a new deal so far could easily free up space to get in new blood. It wouldn't surprise me if we sold Jack redshaw or Ryan Edwards this summer to try an boost the finances either, surely the sale of one of them two would be a minimum of £200k at least ?

No chance of either Redshaw or Edwards realising anything like £200k

I think you will find that Mark Hughes has been offered a new deal.

And from what Jim said at the Fans Forum Kevin will still be here next season and he would also like him on the coaching staff when he does hang up his boots.
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby John L » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:55 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:Barry Roche will be back and at full fitness. :D

Hope you're right, mate, but I can't see it myself. We were spoiled in his first few seasons with us but wasn't a patch on that before his injury... :?
John L

Postby Kendalshrimp » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:25 pm

Heysham shrimp

I mis quoted the Hughes bit I meant if he hadn't been offered a new deal I hope he does stay as the defence has been the highlight of our season I think. Don't see why redshaw wouldnt get us 200k either didn't redshaw nearly sign for Peterborough last summer for more than that ?
Kendalshrimp

Previous

Return to General Discussion