Wycombe Parking

Wycombe Parking

Postby Jack Poulton » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:19 pm

Anyone know where's best to park for Wycombe game? Coming in from Aylesbury direction.
Jack Poulton

Re: Wycombe Parking

Postby outsider » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:23 pm

The stadium is located on the outskirts of Wycombe on the Sands Industrial Estate. Leave the M40 at Junction 4 and take the A4010 towards Aylesbury. Turn left at the 4th roundabout into Lane End Road and then continue straight down this road. Cross another roundabout and into Hillbottom Road. The ground is down at the very bottom of this road. On my last visit I noticed that there were a number of AA road signs labelled 'London Wasps' which were helpful in pointing the way to the ground.

There is a fair sized car park located at the ground which costs £5 per car, or some of the industrial units provide match day parking (also at around £3). Interestingly the club offer free parking at the stadium, if your car has four occupants. As there is only one road that leads from the stadium, I have heard that it can be a nightmare leaving the official car park at full time. I would recommend therefore, parking in one of the industrial units that line Hillbottom Road towards the ground. I did this and got away alright.

Adam Hodson a visiting Stockport Count fan advises; 'If travelling down the M40 from the North then an alternative route to Adams Park, is to first exit the M40 at Junction 5 and take the A40 towards Stokenchurch & West Wycombe. You will then reach a roundabout that has a Texaco garage on one side and you continue straight along the A40 towards High Wycombe. After around another mile turn right onto A4010 Signposted (M40) & Marlow (Adams Park is signposted from here). You will then reach two mini roundabouts that are situated quite close together. Continue straight on at the first roundabout, and at the second turn right onto Lane End Road towards the Sands Industrial Estate. At the next roundabout turn right into Hillbottom Road for the ground'.

It is a nightmare getting away straight after the game. We parked minibus at pub down the road, last year and waited till it was clear... ;)
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Re: Wycombe Parking

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:57 pm

...any chance of a backy to the taxi rank at the bus station? ;)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion