What have Burton managed to do that we haven't?

Re: What have Burton managed to do that we haven't?

Postby halfwayprawn » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:57 pm

Organisation,
halfwayprawn

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:03 pm

Better players ...Sometimes we have to admit some teams are better than us
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:19 pm

Win more matches at home. Better coaches with a bigger budget to also attract better players. Wished we could have the same attitude on the pitch more throughout the season.
Last edited by BoroRedShrimp on Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:20 pm

Hopefully with some new faces in the summer we may have a more consistent season next season. Burton, Stevenage and Yeovil from the lower leagues, should be examples that no matter what budget you have, promotion can be achieved. It is just about believing & putting in the right effort. This season I thought we had a good squad to make the play offs, but again our performances let us down somewhere in the season.
Last edited by BoroRedShrimp on Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby halfwayprawn » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:31 pm

Even Nick Fenton looked fitter than some of our players.
halfwayprawn

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:37 am

halfwayprawn wrote:Even Nick Fenton looked fitter than some of our players.

Yeah, he did make it upstairs without a lift
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby halfwayprawn » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:57 pm

:o :lol:
halfwayprawn

Postby Joel Ninety » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:02 pm

A bit more ambition than getting the local radio station to sponsor the ground.
Joel Ninety

Postby Christies Child » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:27 pm

Joel Ninety wrote:A bit more ambition than getting the local radio station to sponsor the ground.

The last time I looked it was only the Bay Stand...but then again my eyesight isn't all it should be..... :o :o :o

If however you are refering to the future sponsorship to replace The Globe then you obviously are well placed to know something that others do not.... :shock: :shock: :shock:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:45 pm

underbank wrote:
MfcChris wrote:The most exciting thing this summer will be what our ground will be called!

True. I'd like it to be more than just some big firm putting their name to it - I know the big money is desperately needed, but I'd like a sponsor who could add more to the club than just money. I'd love it to be something like "Bay Radio Stadium" with the money alongside some new marketing ideas via the local radio, i.e. to make it "The Bay's League 2 Club" rather than just Morecambe's in the hope of getting more bums on seats from Lancaster, Kendal, Grange, etc. Possibly extending the marketing angle to changing the club name from Morecambe FC to Morecambe Bay FC. Morecambe, as a town, is just too small to support a big club, so we need to make it the local area's club, not just Morecambe's. Pointless looking South due to Preston, Fleetwood & Blackpool, so if we want to increase gates we need to be concentrating on South Lakeland, which is Bay Radio's natural listener base outside Lancaster & Morecambe.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Joel Ninety » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:14 pm

Christies Child wrote:
Joel Ninety wrote:A bit more ambition than getting the local radio station to sponsor the ground.

The last time I looked it was only the Bay Stand...but then again my eyesight isn't all it should be..... :o :o :o

If however you are refering to the future sponsorship to replace The Globe then you obviously are well placed to know something that others do not.... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Someone suggested that they sponsor the whole thing earlier. I'm saying it isn't very ambitious.
Joel Ninety

Postby underbank » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:26 pm

Joel Ninety wrote:Someone suggested that they sponsor the whole thing earlier. I'm saying it isn't very ambitious.

But what do you expect? A mega firm like Apple is hardly likely to give MFC a few million to call it the Apple Arena are they? Especially when it's a small town, with just 1-2 thousand spectators every couple of weeks. Sponsors want a return on their investment.

Why I suggested Bay Radio was that it's a local household name who MFC could benefit from more than just money, i.e. marketing, publicity, joint ventures, etc.

If we're not careful, we'll end up with another forgettable, meaningless name that no-one knows nor cares about, and that means nothing and adds nothing, such as the Globe!
underbank

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:46 pm

"Re: What have Burton managed to do that we haven't?"

Promotion to L1.................
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Joel Ninety » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:21 pm

underbank wrote:
Joel Ninety wrote:Someone suggested that they sponsor the whole thing earlier. I'm saying it isn't very ambitious.

But what do you expect? A mega firm like Apple is hardly likely to give MFC a few million to call it the Apple Arena are they? Especially when it's a small town, with just 1-2 thousand spectators every couple of weeks. Sponsors want a return on their investment.

Why I suggested Bay Radio was that it's a local household name who MFC could benefit from more than just money, i.e. marketing, publicity, joint ventures, etc.

If we're not careful, we'll end up with another forgettable, meaningless name that no-one knows nor cares about, and that means nothing and adds nothing, such as the Globe!

I'm not expecting a mega-rich company like Apple to sponsor anything in Morecambe, but does the Bay even make enough money to sponsor more than just the one stand and significantly aid the club? (They don't even play Bobby Vee's "Rubber Ball" anymore, which is all they played back when they were a progressive and exciting young station.)

We can but hope EDF Energy want to take a punt.
Joel Ninety

Postby Posh » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:22 pm

underbank wrote:

It's not a bad idea and the 'contra' value of all the advertising could help.

However I agree with Joel that we could do better. EDF Energy spend more in rates on the power stations than three years of our annual income alone. Centrica have been exploiting the Morecambe Bay gas field, the largest by far in Western Europe. Lancaster University is a UK Top 10 university. OCS / Cannon Hygiene until they decided to one day up and leave, employed 72,000 people worldwide. Costain have just bagged over £100 million for building a road to Morecambe. Plenty of opportunities.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Frobi » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:19 pm

OCS / Cannon Hygiene until they decided to one day up and leave, employed 72,000 people worldwide. Costain have just bagged over £100 million for building a road to Morecambe. Plenty of opportunities.

OCS moved to Manchester and has little or no interest in the area anymore. Cannon Hygiene are very much still based in Morecambe.

I believe Cannon Hygiene were close to sponsoring the club the first year we moved to the Globe. It all fell through though after Cannon lost out on a Washrooms contract they pulled the plug on any sponsorship. They've since got new directors and I seriously doubt they'd be interested nor have the budget to sponsor us in any decent capacity anymore.
Frobi

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:24 am

I tied to get Cannon/Ocs to sponsor us must be over 10 years ago now. the problem was everything was been nationalised so you had to put a proposal forward to the national marketing department down in London. They would then review all the requests they had received for that year and make a decision.

I think in the end they bought a corporate box at the ballet in London!

I still don't by this we aren't located near enough large companies as Posh points out we are and it's just about knocking on doors. Even Burton probably had to go and make a pitch to Pirelle I doubt the man at Pirelle just sat there one day picked up his cheque book and had a stroll across to Burton's ground and said here have some money.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Christies Child » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:21 pm

P/T Indie wrote:I tied to get Cannon/Ocs to sponsor us must be over 10 years ago now. the problem was everything was been nationalised so you had to put a proposal forward to the national marketing department down in London. They would then review all the requests they had received for that year and make a decision.

I think in the end they bought a corporate box at the ballet in London!

I still don't by this we aren't located near enough large companies as Posh points out we are and it's just about knocking on doors. Even Burton probably had to go and make a pitch to Pirelle I doubt the man at Pirelle just sat there one day picked up his cheque book and had a stroll across to Burton's ground and said here have some money.

Maybe it's the guy doing the pitching where the lack of financial success in this area is the problem.... :?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby George Dawes » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:34 pm

Freez wrote:Burton do have Executive boxes at the back of the stand, they are just on the same floor as everything else including their version of the W&L.

intresting. thought id share this below, after reading the above, they got their ground completely built all stands covered with roofs for 7.2 million ->
The land was donated to the club by Pirelli in return for naming rights,[4] and the ground cost £7.2 million to build.

The ground was designed by architect Jon Hawkeye, and has served as the inspiration for numerous newer grounds, including Morecambe's Globe Arena,
:o

better deal than us?
George Dawes

Postby parceldave » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:32 pm

Maybe the next sponsorship deal might involve the erection of a couple of wind turbines at the entrance to Christie Way. Glad we havn't got a roof it might have ended up being called the Solar Stadium. :o
parceldave

Previous

Return to General Discussion