Consistency Season 2015/2016

Consistency Season 2015/2016

Postby Christies Child » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:56 am

For me the last two games have provided enough evidence to show how inconsistent as a team we have been this season save for the opening games that saw is rightly at the top of the League.

Excellent against Portsmouth and below par v York.

If Jimbo can put together a squad that is able to be consistent in performing as we all know that they are more than capable then maybe next season will see much improvement both in performances and results particularly at The Globe (or whatever it will be called) next season.

With additions of extra quality and steel in midfield (Perkins :?: ....and the Blackpool managers reluctance to confirm his future on Radio Lancashire suggest that he may be on his way out of Bloomfield Road :?: ) plus maybe a speed merchant out wide then I see no reason as to why season 2015/2016 can't be the season when we are chasing an
automatic promotion place.

PMG said at the recent fans forum that he now doubts that we will ever be in a position to regularly attract gates of well over 2000 on a consistent basis, I'd love for him to be proved wrong and if we are chasing promotion then what better way to do it..... :?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Consistency Season 2015/2016

Postby Shrimpy » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:05 am

Targets for me over the Summer should be to keep the defence and strike force in tact. I don't think we can do much better than Beeley, Wilson, Edwards, Hughes & Parrish at the back and Ellison, Amond, Redshaw & Mullin are about as good a strike force as we're likely to get.

As CC says, an overhaul of the midfield is needed. I would keep Kenyon & Fleming but let Wright, Williams and Goodall leave and we'll have to see what Drummy does in terms of hanging up his boots or not. Perkins & Wildig would be great signings if we could pull them off and then maybe look to pluck a goal scoring midfielder from non league too.
Shrimpy

Postby John L » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:19 am

Would Perks be prepared to drop to our level at this stage of his career though? I'm not so sure...
John L

Postby Christies Child » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:31 am

Shrimpy wrote:Targets for me over the Summer should be to keep the defence and strike force in tact. I don't think we can do much better than Beeley, Wilson, Edwards, Hughes & Parrish at the back and Ellison, Amond, Redshaw & Mullin are about as good a strike force as we're likely to get.

As CC says, an overhaul of the midfield is needed. I would keep Kenyon & Fleming but let Wright, Williams and Goodall leave and we'll have to see what Drummy does in terms of hanging up his boots or not. Perkins & Wildig would be great signings if we could pull them off and then maybe look to pluck a goal scoring midfielder from non league too.

The most prolific combined goal scoring strike force in League 2. Assuming Padraig scores one more goal this season, we will have 3 strikers each having scored at least 10 this season......if only we had a regular goal scorer in midfield..... :?: :?: :?:
Christies Child

Postby Christies Child » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:44 pm

John L wrote:Would Perks be prepared to drop to our level at this stage of his career though? I'm not so sure...

Perks is 31 I think and a return to his home town club (now that Sammy Mac has gone) would be the perfect move for him. However finance as always could be a problem but what an addition to the midfield it would be and would certainly be seen by many as a message of intent for next season.

We can only live in hope...... ;) ;) ;)
Christies Child

Postby Shrimpy » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:26 pm

Christies Child wrote:
John L wrote:Would Perks be prepared to drop to our level at this stage of his career though? I'm not so sure...

Perks is 31 I think and a return to his home town club (now that Sammy Mac has gone) would be the perfect move for him. However finance as always could be a problem but what an addition to the midfield it would be and would certainly be seen by many as a message of intent for next season.

He's 32, will turn 33 in June.
Shrimpy

Postby Phil Anderer » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:59 pm

I think one thing you're missing in the consistency argument is that we play better football against clubs that are more open, hence presumably why we play better away and/or against better teams, as they will generally play more attacking/free-flowing football. In order to improve our consistency we need to find a way to combat more negative play from our opponents and open up the game for our own passing game to flourish. I hope Jim and Ken can give that some thought over the next few weeks, and come up with a plan for next season.
The 3 rules of Fascism:
1. Make stuff up;
2. Scream it loudly;
3. Kill people.
(copyright Eddie Izzard)
Phil Anderer

Postby Christies Child » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:36 pm

Shrimpy wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

Thanks for the correction. Even better age wise as a move to our club's engine room could be perfect at his age where he could control midfield.....

How about we start a transfer / signing on fund to bring him on board..... :) :) :)
Christies Child

Postby black morse » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:20 pm

Phil Anderer wrote:I think one thing you're missing in the consistency argument is that we play better football against clubs that are more open, hence presumably why we play better away and/or against better teams, as they will generally play more attacking/free-flowing football. In order to improve our consistency we need to find a way to combat more negative play from our opponents and open up the game for our own passing game to flourish. I hope Jim and Ken can give that some thought over the next few weeks, and come up with a plan for next season.

I think this is spot on.
black morse

Postby Kendalshrimp » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:25 pm

The problems are there to be seen this season. We need another couple of midfielders in my opinion if we can add a 10 goal a season midfielder then maybe we won't be too far away. I'm hoping we'll sign a better left back too. Wilson gives the ball away far too much for me an had been very poor in recent weeks. It's silly games at home what have cost us this season so if we can sort our home form out well be in with a better chance next year !
Kendalshrimp

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:35 pm

Don't think we could afford Perkins .... Blackpool fans are keen on him staying put as well
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:36 pm

Kendalshrimp wrote:The problems are there to be seen this season. We need another couple of midfielders in my opinion if we can add a 10 goal a season midfielder then maybe we won't be too far away. I'm hoping we'll sign a better left back too. Wilson gives the ball away far too much for me an had been very poor in recent weeks. It's silly games at home what have cost us this season so if we can sort our home form out well be in with a better chance next year !

I would have to disagree about Laurence Wilson. I think he has had a decent season especially when you consider some of the personal tragedy that he has suffered as outlined by Jim at last weeks Fans Forum.

Don't think we could afford a better one and IMHO he is a cut above both Robbie Threlfall and the lad we borrowed from Bury.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby John L » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:44 pm

Christies Child wrote:
Shrimpy wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

Thanks for the correction. Even better age wise as a move to our club's engine room could be perfect at his age where he could control midfield.....

How about we start a transfer / signing on fund to bring him on board..... :) :) :)

On your bike... ;)
John L

Postby Kendalshrimp » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:41 am

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
Kendalshrimp wrote:The problems are there to be seen this season. We need another couple of midfielders in my opinion if we can add a 10 goal a season midfielder then maybe we won't be too far away. I'm hoping we'll sign a better left back too. Wilson gives the ball away far too much for me an had been very poor in recent weeks. It's silly games at home what have cost us this season so if we can sort our home form out well be in with a better chance next year !

I would have to disagree about Laurence Wilson. I think he has had a decent season especially when you consider some of the personal tragedy that he has suffered as outlined by Jim at last weeks Fans Forum.

Don't think we could afford a better one and IMHO he is a cut above both Robbie Threlfall and the lad we borrowed from Bury.

Yes he's had major issues off the field it won't of helped him this season but I feel we could do better with trying to loan someone aswell in that position to make Wilson know he has got some competition for his place. A left back an couple of goal scoring midfielders an hold onto our key players would be a good transfer window !
Kendalshrimp

Postby underbank » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:04 pm

The other players seem reluctant to pass to Wilson. Time and time again, he's been well up in their half, unmarked in acres of space, waving his hands asking for the ball, but just ignored. More often that not, when he does one of his forward runs, it's because he's picked up the ball from the keeper and taken it forward himself. Are the team deliberately ignoring him because they don't trust him, or is he under-performing because he's not getting passed the ball? Chicken & egg?
underbank

Postby Christies Child » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:57 pm

I would like to see some stats that provide info as to where the highest number of crosses from an opponents wing comes from that lead to a goal. It wouldn't surprise me if it was from Willow's side. For me he doesn't mark close enough to his man always allowing his opponent space to run at him.

Again for me he seems to have lost that extra bit of pace that once took him past players and created openings for our strikers.

:?: :?: :?:
Christies Child

Postby Kendalshrimp » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:15 pm

Christies Child wrote:I would like to see some stats that provide info as to where the highest number of crosses from an opponents wing comes from that lead to a goal. It wouldn't surprise me if it was from Willow's side. For me he doesn't mark close enough to his man always allowing his opponent space to run at him.

Again for me he seems to have lost that extra bit of pace that once took him past players and created openings for our strikers.

:?: :?: :?:

His crosses don't beat the first man. That's why he doesn't take corners anymore ! I'm not saying get rid in the summer but I'd be certainly looking to bring another LB in for some competition so he knows he can be dropped if under performing !
Kendalshrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:46 pm

It's only a month ago that he scored our potentially goal of the season!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcoIbdZJNNY

1M 40sec
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion