The Bay Cup?

The Bay Cup?

Postby outsider » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:08 pm

How's about this to add a bit of spice to pre season?

Morecambe v Lancaster City for The Bay cup? Home and away Half all money raised to charity, Maybe supported by The Bay Radio. Could even in years to come include Barra and Kendle. Been a while since we played the Dolly's.

Thoughts?
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Re: The Bay Cup?

Postby Seasider9601 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:15 pm

We used to do this in the late 80's / early 90's when we competed for the Lakeland Soft Drinks Cup.

This pre-season cup competition was brought to an abrupt end after the 1993/94 season competition after a Dollies player hacked John Coleman down and broke his leg, which ruled him out of the much fancied Shrimps team until March the next year.

Also, a few years earlier, former Shrimp Dave Woodburn was sent off for Lancaster after coming to blows with our new signing, ex Chelsea star, Ian Britton.

Oh yes, they were feisty affairs and no mistake.........
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby George Dawes » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:50 pm

don't want Barrow anywhere near the Globe.
George Dawes

Postby Wild Bill » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:16 pm

Probably better as an end of season charity match. Give our players the summer to rest their bruised bodies!

I pray every year for Morecambe to draw City, Barrow or Southport in the FA Cup. Maybe one day I will get my wish...
Wild Bill

Postby Shrimpy » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:29 pm

Fairly sure we stopped playing Lancaster in pre season friendlies as Sammy wasn't happy with their players using it as an exercise to see how many lumps they could kick out of our players.

A pre season schedule with Barrow, Lancaster & Southport on it would probably see us struggling to field a team for the first league game of the season!
Shrimpy

Return to General Discussion