Morecambe 3 Pompey 1

Re: Morecambe 3 Pompey 1 [Kenyon x2, Amond] Live from the Gl

Postby Freez » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:46 pm

We missed you Parky!!
Well done, can you play next Saturday too, another win against Burton would be good :D :D
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Re: At last !

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:46 pm

Yes it is too late.... Them five draws in January are going to cost us in the end
Blackpool Shrimp

Re: At last !

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:48 pm

Blackpool Shrimp wrote:Yes it is too late.... Them five draws in January are going to cost us in the end

and the 3 missed penalties :o
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Re: Morecambe 3 Pompey 1

Postby Vinny » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:53 pm

Really enjoyed the game today. What a difference! I liked the starting line-up with Mullin and Podge lively up front, quick passing between Devitt, Flemming and Wildig, who really impressed, showing great thinking, composure and quality through-passes, hope we get him signed. Battling team performances from the rest of the team. Well done! A great 3 points, and 7 from 9, and a 5-game unbeaten run! Glad the numpties were not evident either. Great goals. Great to see smiling faces. Keep it going lads!
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby underbank » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:00 pm

Absolutely brilliant today, plenty of free-flowing football and three goals were an added bonus. Good to see Jim constantly telling them to keep it down on the ground. They've obviously been practising all week because the passing and movement in light years away from the last few months. Good starting line up and good formation - would be good to keep it for the next few rather than go back to a back 5.
underbank

Postby MFC-Manc » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:12 pm

Excellent opening to the game some brilliant passing. Defence in the last 20 mins was making me nervous
Thought devitt was superb, best player on the pitch.
I'm getting by just the best I can, While you're directing traffic
MFC-Manc

Postby Aal » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:13 pm

Started off on front foot, right from kick off as Jim promised on Thursday night!

Fleming was on fire, Edwards solid at the back, Mullin put in a shift and Amond scored the best goal seen at home this season.

Devitt was on top form today, and his link play with Fleming was superb at times!

Great to win at home at last, and nice to hear positive support for both sides.
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby Christies Child » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:19 pm

Great performance and bags of entertainment..... :D :D :D

Thought the entire team played well but in particular Edwards who for me was MoM with Fleming a close second. Wildig is the perfect partner for Fleming taking a lot of the pressure of him. Mullers and Amond put constant pressure on their back line which begs that question why we do not do that more in other games at The Globe.... :?: :?: :?: Once again Padraig proved his worth to the team and lets hope that he's still doing the business for us next season. Too good to let go.....

It proves that if the opposition come to play football then we can match anybody.

Well done to the team....MORE OF THE SAME PLEASE... :D :D :D
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:24 pm

Bloody BRILLIANT. That sums it up in a nutshell.

From start to finish. Every one of them.

Andy Fleming - you had a SUPERB game.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Aal » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:29 pm

Any news on young Josh Passley? Looked bad, happened right in front of me. Wilson was shaken up too...poor lad he's been through the mill this year..
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby Christies Child » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:30 pm

Some interesting stats from the game:

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/li ... portsmouth
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:39 pm

A bright, attacking performance today. There seemed a better shape to the side and Mullen and Amond seemed a good pairing. Wildig looks a good acquisition and seems to bring the best out of Fleming. Third goal was a cracker to conclude the victory against an ordinary Pompey.
fulwoodshrimp

Postby black morse » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:44 pm

As 'one who wasn't there' I don't remember such praise being heaped on the team this season. It may be the result of being starved of good games at home but it all sounds heart felt and I'm busily knocking back the red wine with a warm glow inside :D For once I hope Jim and co. read these comments. Both management and team have taken a bit of stick over the past few weeks so it must give added impetus to know the support is there and we only have the club at heart. Well done lads. Same against York please ;)
black morse

Postby Keith » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:52 pm

Most heartening to hear is that Fleming had another good game. That's three or four good performances on the trot. Perhaps he's playing for a contract? Perhaps he's finally got his head out of his arse? Perhaps he's got another decent midfielder beside him who he's clicked with?

Or, quite simply, his confidence is returning? Form is temporary, quality is permanent!

He has potential to be a superb player, I hope he keeps it up now! :D
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:55 pm

Jim mentioned at the Fans Forum on Thurs that Flem had only just become a new dad (congratulations Andy) and was adjusting still to the new lifestyle and sleepless nights that brings.

He was certainly back to his best today. Top drawer.
Seasider9601

Postby Keith » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:04 pm

In that case, he was having sleepless nights for six months before the baby was born!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Posh » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:10 pm

We were excellent today. It all stemmed from the formation. Paz and Ryan were well in control at the back and up front Podge and Mullers played where they're effective, up front and in the middle. Width came from Loz and Beels who both were excellent, with Jamie appearing on both wings. This gave us three in the middle with Flemmo and Wildig attacking and Alex covering the back and pushing up to support on set pieces - with huge effect.

Over the last few matches Kev and Jack haven't worked hard enough. Podge and Mullers were constantly chasing and harrying. Even when they didn't get the ball they did enough to put Pompey players off and rush clearances. Also having just two central defenders meant one more in midfield so we could break them down earlier and it certainly didn't stop the full backs from pushing on.

Pompey centre backs played well and had lots of cover. If we'd been more accurate in our passing and crossing we could have had several more.

The best game at The Globe for a long time.

Shows that we do actually have some real talent if they're allowed the formation and team to play in.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:19 pm

Agree with that post, Posh. A very open and entertaining game today which has been long overdue.
Morecambe Jack

Postby Posh » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:20 pm

Aal wrote:Any news on young Josh Passley? Looked bad, happened right in front of me. Wilson was shaken up too...poor lad he's been through the mill this year..

Horrendous.

It happened right in front of me, a friend and three youngsters. Loz went up for the ball with Passley. It looked like a small contact but Loz's head struck Passley in the chin. He immediately lost consciousness and went down like a pin. When he struck the ground it looked to me like he swallowed his tongue. He was then convulsing and fitting on the ground for at least two to three minutes while unconscious. Luckily one Pompey player with help from two Shrimps (Podge?) got him straight on to his side after he hit the deck or it could have been much worse. The Pompey physio then got support from Farny and the Morecambe medical team who gave him oxygen and secured him. Despite a few Pompey fans acting like idiots, screaming at them and calling them wankers, they did everything they could and responded as soon as the seriousness of the situation was evident.

My best wishes to the lad and hope there are no lasting effects. It was very scary in the first 30 seconds or so after he went down though.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby MFC-Manc » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:59 pm

from the BBC with Portsmouth manager

(On Josh Passley) "He is not in a great way and to be honest that's all I am concerned about at the moment. When our physio got to him he was unconscious so he's gone to hospital and he is conscious now and we will have to assess that as it goes on in the next couple of hours."
I'm getting by just the best I can, While you're directing traffic
MFC-Manc

Postby George Dawes » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:03 pm

MFC-Manc wrote:from the BBC with Portsmouth manager

(On Josh Passley) "He is not in a great way and to be honest that's all I am concerned about at the moment. When our physio got to him he was unconscious so he's gone to hospital and he is conscious now and we will have to assess that as it goes on in the next couple of hours."

doesn't sound good, hope he makes a quick recovery, and no long term damage.
George Dawes

Postby Caged Lion » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:16 pm

That was such a good game to watch, more like the Morecambe of old

I don't think the Pompey fans needed the players. They were ace once again

If Wildig and Ward had arrived in January we may have been closer to a play off slot

At least we were entertained today. Let's hope we get more of the same against Burton and Southend to reinstate some optimism for next season
Caged Lion

Postby halfwayprawn » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:23 pm

Brilliant, to see both sets of fans standing up and applauding the injured Passley off the field.
halfwayprawn

Postby shrimpinho » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:23 pm

We won? :shock: At Home? :o :lol:

Thoroughly enjoyed today's game. Good performance and a deserved result.
Fleming was brilliant today, my MOTM.

I really hope their Passley is alright and makes a speedy recovery.
shrimpinho

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:33 pm

Pompey Official have just tweeted that Josh Passley's scans have come back all clear but he is being kept in hospital overnight for observation.
Seasider9601

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion