THE REST OF THE SEASON

THE REST OF THE SEASON

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:38 pm

I know i am preaching to the converted here, but i think it is vital given the circumstances, that our attendances do not tail off even more, I see it the duty of every fan on the message board to mobilise every fit man woman and child in their family to attend all forthcoming home games, beg borrow or steal the money to spend at the pie, and next season our wage cap will be astronomical, COME ON!!!

WE ALL KNOW IT MAKES SENSE!!!!
PUNKISDEAD

Re: THE REST OF THE SEASON

Postby dford » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:51 pm

its very well saying that however it needs to be spent wisely and on players who can hopefully improve the squad otherwise we have players like (reportadly) O'Carroll and Carr on high wages who so far haven't shown what they can really do which uses funds we desperatly need!!!!!
dford

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:31 am

WE ALL NEED TO SACK OFF OUR CHILDRENS BIRTHDAY GIFTS, PUT OUR MORTGAGES ON INTEREST ONLY, SHOP AT NETTO, JUST PUMP EVERY PENNY WE HAVE INTO THE TEAM!!!
PUNKISDEAD

Postby ezz » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:36 am

Were fine as we are. A lot will leave in the Summer, our squad is very big at the moment so many can go a few (but hopefully quality) will come.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Christies Child » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:02 am

ezz wrote:Were fine as we are. A lot will leave in the Summer, our squad is very big at the moment so many can go a few (but hopefully quality) will come.

...BUT it depends on their contracts if they go in summer or not. Unless the club can come to an amicable agreement, the player has the right to see out their contract.

Remember it's Sammy who wanted a large squad to provide adequate cover in all positions. An excellent proposition IF you've got the financies to cover it going forward.

It's my belief that our geographical location forces us into paying above the odds to attract players to come in the first place. We are on the boundary of major catchment areas for players in Leagues 1 and 2 and to compete we probably have to offer better money and / or longer term contracts than if we had been in the Greater Manchester / Merseyside areas.

Players these days look at a club in terms of training facilities in addition to the financial reward. Until we get the new stadium and all that that will bring us, we will have to live with the situation as it now is.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Return to General Discussion