Not nice to see

Re: Not nice to see

Postby Aal » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:10 pm

Hope these idiots not planning to go to Carlisle tomorrow...stewards have a tough enough job...surely decent folk in the Omega Stand could've self policed the bad behaviour.

"For evil to triumph, it only needs good people to do nothing"

:twisted:
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby wijit » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:04 am

George Dawes wrote:
morecambegeek wrote: Shame you're not willing to engage in any discussion about it.
:shock:

and consider why you support a club where you seem to take issue with the on field activity of so many of the players.

so you do have double standards, and no credibility if you choose to have one rule for one, and one for another, at least we've esablished that, good night :D

George, you've made yourself look a cock. It's no good trying to make someone else look it. The examples you mentioned to start with bear absolutely no resemblance to what happened. The taunting of this girl are nothing short of disgraceful, the fact that rather than spend any time condemning these pathetic little under achieving bullies you would rather detract from the issue says far more about you then the words you actually choose. Morecambegeek's comment of missing the flare on the pitch was perfectly valid, you chose to go off on a subject far removed from the issues mentioned originally. You often offer nothing, how about joining the young pricks, they must be your level?
wijit

Postby George Dawes » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:18 am

:roll: Again late on threads, half reading them, i said PS at the start, I'm not sticking up for them, just pointing out and curious on why the usual moral crusaders on O/T who go back years on SVs are not jumping on this behaviour on and off the pitch in general, with the exception of Keith who is fairly consistent and has decent morals compared to a lot of theses pretentious so n so's who play and repeat play(pretentious) at being do gooders, and clearly have double standards, and lack true integrity. so kindly read threads properly.

And it's not a case of waiting for facts of a recent incident with a MFC under 18 player, he's bang to rights it's on camera video, so there is no it's his word against mine. To why people won't comment and waiting for the facts.
George Dawes

Postby Morecambe Shrimp » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:20 am

As I new member to Shrimpsvoices this thread was started as a general observation around the fact that a paying supporter was reduced to tears by the verbal abuse from some mindless few. When she asked for some support from the stewards they did "exactly nothing". The words of one of the stewards were "what can I do".
The various comments and opinions ( which everyone is entitled to ) have given me some insight as to which way future threads are likely to go.
Morecambe Shrimp

Postby black morse » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:59 am

Are stewards paid or are they volunteers? Whichever is the case 'What can I do?' is not good enough and makes you wonder what the stewards would do if fighting broke out. Surely the stewards reminding of their duties or further advice on handling trouble.
black morse

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:33 am

the stewards are paid,and witnessing their performance first hand trying to handle the hartlepool situation,would suggest,out of their depth,when anything happens,as for other issues on this post,a few people on here are more intent on winding each other up than debating a subject ,one says black,another says white,etc.......... :roll:

(i would have used a yawning face but there isnt one)
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby slackAlice2 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:52 am

Some of the stewards look very young and inexperienced. There's probably protocols and H & S limiting what they can or can't do inside / outside the ground ?
The only time I brought something 'unsavoury' to a stewards attention was on the Berlin Wall side of the ground, just outside the turnstiles, 3 very young Tranmere fans (13 or 14 yrs) were walking toward the away end, and the Morecambe "mob" about 8 in number run at them. One of the Tranmere lads run off but the other 2 stood there. The comical bit was the Morecambe fans run at them but didn't know what to do next and just pushed them about.
The point being it could have been nasty and when I called a steward over he said "its alright , it'll be on CCTV" . Is that the response if things do kick off ? The locals just made there way up the home stand and presumably entered the ground ?
I think the best thing that could happen to those locals that I saw would be to run into a group that do know what there doing and end up with a f**ki*g good hiding and Carlisle could be the place. It will happen.
slackAlice2

Postby black morse » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:46 am

slackAlice2 wrote:Some of the stewards look very young and inexperienced. There's probably protocols and H & S limiting what they can or can't do inside / outside the ground ?
The only time I brought something 'unsavoury' to a stewards attention was on the Berlin Wall side of the ground, just outside the turnstiles, 3 very young Tranmere fans (13 or 14 yrs) were walking toward the away end, and the Morecambe "mob" about 8 in number run at them. One of the Tranmere lads run off but the other 2 stood there. The comical bit was the Morecambe fans run at them but didn't know what to do next and just pushed them about.
The point being it could have been nasty and when I called a steward over he said "its alright , it'll be on CCTV" . Is that the response if things do kick off ? The locals just made there way up the home stand and presumably entered the ground ?
I think the best thing that could happen to those locals that I saw would be to run into a group that do know what there doing and end up with a f**ki*g good hiding and Carlisle could be the place. It will happen.

I don't think anyone would expect stewards to step into a brawling mob but just speaking with the abusive guys in this situation could have stopped anything getting out of hand. Otherwise they are paid for being 'ushers'. But then again, I expect they're paid peanuts.
black morse

Postby slackAlice2 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:10 pm

No I wouldn't expect stewards to wade in neither.
However I would expect the stewards to ensure people of their ilk are prevented from entering the ground and get the message they are not welcome if there looking to threaten or intimidate away supporters.

I don't know if what I saw of the Morecambe Mob was the soft underbelly ; but they were clueless and if they do happen across a 'mob' could get really hurt.

As for 'just speaking with the abusive guys' ; they would of either ignored you or told you to F**k off 100% guaranteed. I know one of the stewards quite well , I'll ask him what there allowed / instructed to do with such folk.
They are nuisance value , horrible types but they will need dealing with by the club or police sooner or later. Its certainly not for members of the public to deal with , that could escalate things and 'somebody' could get hurt. Abusing or harassing fellow supporters to the point of making them cry should be dealt with severely even retrospectively.
slackAlice2

Postby black morse » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:43 pm

slackAlice2 wrote:No I wouldn't expect stewards to wade in neither.
However I would expect the stewards to ensure people of their ilk are prevented from entering the ground and get the message they are not welcome if there looking to threaten or intimidate away supporters.

I don't know if what I saw of the Morecambe Mob was the soft underbelly ; but they were clueless and if they do happen across a 'mob' could get really hurt.

As for 'just speaking with the abusive guys' ; they would of either ignored you or told you to F**k off 100% guaranteed. I know one of the stewards quite well , I'll ask him what there allowed / instructed to do with such folk.
They are nuisance value , horrible types but they will need dealing with by the club or police sooner or later. Its certainly not for members of the public to deal with , that could escalate things and 'somebody' could get hurt. Abusing or harassing fellow supporters to the point of making them cry should be dealt with severely even retrospectively.

Agree with you entirely, I was meaning that the stewards should have had words not members of the public. Be interesting to hear what the stewards should be doing in these circumstances>
black morse

Postby Richard Head » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:04 pm

Match day steward jobs were advertised at the Job Centre a couple of years ago and then again on the official website last summer
Richard Head

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:09 pm

Quite funny this morning, the cops are following the firm everywhere, no pubs allowed
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Aal » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:44 pm

Was a bizarre arrival out of station in Carlisle to see a police chase and arrest after a flare was set off...lots of bemused shoppers about...
Aal

Postby Wild Bill » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:22 pm

I did not notice the incident but it appears from reading this thread that the stewards let this poor girl down badly. Any situations like this need dealing with swiftly and decisively by professionals, not other fans. That's when it could get out of hand.

Problem is we seem to have lots of stewards that appear to be only there for a free match and haven't got the skills or inclination to get involved in potentially confrontational situations. I would be much more effective to have around 10 SIA trained and physically imposing stewards rather than the current 15-20 who look like they couldn't knock the skin off a rice pudding. I hate to think what would happen if we were to ever have a serious incident in the home end with our current security set-up. :roll:
Wild Bill

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:50 pm

they would have to ring the police,like they did against hartlepool.
mrpotatohead

Postby morecambeshrimp » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:45 pm

Loyalsupporter wrote:This needs to be an official complaint, contact the club with your concerns

It is no longer funny, it became bullying, it is now harrasment

Shouting show us your tits and biscuit nipples, is not clever and given that the individual receiving the taunts has a learning difficulty, this is disgusting

Morecambe football club stewards / safety officers are useless, verbal bullying of our own fans, smoke bombs not being extinguished, offenders not being identified and ejected, it is the same group of yobs

do your jobs, get on the camera's, pick up the smoke bombs, the casing is big enough to get a finger print off - hand it in to the liason officer and get these idiots identified.

would be nice if someone from MFC security of the club itself - would come out and address the matters arising.

Morecambe Football club is a family club, Respect our players, officials and one an other

I bet the Visitor paper would be interested in a few stories regarding how MFC stewards allow bullying and people with asthma to suffer with repeated smoke bombs being set off.

Never mind my bloody shoes being ruined with red smoke stain

Don't dare tell me to move away from them - get the pricks thrown out and do your bloody job..........

its impossible to throw out 50+ supporters. one fan produces a smoke bomb among the crowd and ignites it, and immediatley drops it to the floor. the only way to identify this individual is retroactively through cctv, which is difficult enough in itself. searches are becoming increasingly regular which will aid in the process of identifying the perpetrators.
it is not the stewards job to "throw the pricks out", nor is it safe to do so. if a smoke bomb was ignited, and stewards were to wade into the crowd and attempt to throw all of the people near the smoke bomb out, this would end up being a mass brawl which would result in injuries to stewards and innocent supporters, not to mention most of the troublesome group are under 18 so any injuries sustained to them would surely end up with stewards being prosecuted for assault, as there would be minimal evidence to suggest that they deserved to be thrown out in the first place
morecambeshrimp

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:37 pm

morecambeshrimp wrote:
Loyalsupporter wrote:This needs to be an official complaint, contact the club with your concerns

Shouting show us your tits and biscuit nipples, is not clever and given that the individual receiving the taunts has a learning difficulty, this is disgusting

Morecambe football club stewards / safety officers are useless, verbal bullying of our own fans, smoke bombs not being extinguished, offenders not being identified and ejected, it is the same group of yobs

do your jobs, get on the camera's, pick up the smoke bombs, the casing is big enough to get a finger print off - hand it in to the liason officer and get these idiots identified.

would be nice if someone from MFC security of the club itself - would come out and address the matters arising.

Morecambe Football club is a family club, Respect our players, officials and one an other

I bet the Visitor paper would be interested in a few stories regarding how MFC stewards allow bullying and people with asthma to suffer with repeated smoke bombs being set off.

Don't dare tell me to move away from them - get the pricks thrown out and do your bloody job..........

its impossible to throw out 50+ supporters. one fan produces a smoke bomb among the crowd and ignites it, and immediatley drops it to the floor. the only way to identify this individual is retroactively through cctv, which is difficult enough in itself. searches are becoming increasingly regular which will aid in the process of identifying the perpetrators.
it is not the stewards job to "throw the pricks out", nor is it safe to do so. if a smoke bomb was ignited, and stewards were to wade into the crowd and attempt to throw all of the people near the smoke bomb out, this would end up being a mass brawl which would result in injuries to stewards and innocent supporters, not to mention most of the troublesome group are under 18 so any injuries sustained to them would surely end up with stewards being prosecuted for assault, as there would be minimal evidence to suggest that they deserved to be thrown out in the first place

Are you a steward morecambeshrimp??
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Gnasher » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:22 pm

morecambeshrimp wrote:

Better to let asthmatics choke and young girls take abuse than to try and kick out a prick that's probably already known to the club. Times like this I miss Christie Park, at least the pricks were well known to everyone.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:17 am

I'm confused what is a stewards job then?
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:19 am

that is something i sometimes wonder,with all due respect,there seems to be a mixture of ,elderly,frankly, unwell looking stewards with walking sticks,or kids, doing what can be quite a challenging task when called upon.
mrpotatohead

Postby black morse » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:19 am

I've just had a look at the job description of stewards for Reading FC and, as well as car park organisation, directing people to seats, ensuring gangways are clear etc., the relevant item seems to be ....'identify and investigate any incident or occurrence among spectators and reporting the findings to a supervisor.'

So...no action by the steward except reporting back to a supervisor.
black morse

Postby black morse » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:20 am

black morse wrote:I've just had a look at the job description of stewards for Reading FC and, as well as car park organisation, directing people to seats, ensuring gangways are clear etc., the relevant item seems to be ....'identify and investigate any incident or occurrence among spectators and reporting the findings to a supervisor.'

Forgot to add wages are £7.50 per hour.
black morse

Postby George Dawes » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:16 pm

black morse wrote:
black morse wrote:I've just had a look at the job description of stewards for Reading FC and, as well as car park organisation, directing people to seats, ensuring gangways are clear etc., the relevant item seems to be ....'identify and investigate any incident or occurrence among spectators and reporting the findings to a supervisor.'

Unless things have changed over the past couple of seasons Morecambe stewards were paid for just 3hrs but it was just seen as a one off payment, but yet you were asked to come in at 12.30 and stay behind after the ground emptied, and lucky to get away for 5pm, so work that out.

PS I would have liked to have seen John Colman thrown out of the ground after acting like that. If that was in a town center you would have been thrown into the back of a police van arrested for public order.
George Dawes

Postby Aal » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:51 pm

I hear that one of our finest was ejected from Bury match today. Wonder why? And that's after all decent fans were searched on way in????
Aal

Postby morecambeshrimp » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:17 pm

black morse wrote:

wages are less than that for morecambe fc safety stewards
morecambeshrimp

Previous

Return to General Discussion