O/T 6 v 1

O/T 6 v 1

Postby Christies Child » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:01 am

Just fear that the PM is going to get a political mauling tonight in the pit of snakes with the Labour and SNP cobras voicing their collective venom to give us an insight into what a horrific political alliance faces the UK if they are given a chance to rule.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Last edited by Christies Child on Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: O/T 6 v 1

Postby Keith » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:20 am

Christies Child wrote:Just fear that the PM is going to get a political mauling tonight in the pit of snakes with the Labour and SMP cobras doing their collective venom to give us an insight into what a horrific political alliance faces the UK if they are given a chance to rule.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Rich people v Labour & SMP (who they?) is one v two, not one v six. With over exagerating like that, you should be part of George's Treasury team!

Try Tory & Lib Dem & UKIP v Labour & SNP & Green & PC (perhaps). 3v4.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:21 am

This lot are only in it for themselves & the rich. They are all a waste of space promise things that never materialize which we then pay the price for. Dave & Ozzy Osborne want to go down in history by putting a self destruct button on the NHS. Sooner these clowns are out the better. :evil:
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby Christies Child » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:23 am

Thought this topic might get some action on SVs...... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:03 pm

Christies Child wrote:Thought this topic might get some action on SVs...... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

"6 v 1" made me think you were talking about midfield

If you had labelled it a political/election thread then it would have been 3 pages long by now with the contributions from Posh, Solent and George
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby SolentShrimp » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:26 pm

Solent's here, albeit sweating them off in Thailand.

The country has been brought back from the brink of ruin during the last 5 years.
That's always the case following Labour sending the place into terminal decline, entering into non-negotiable financial long-term contracts that ruin institutions like the NHS.

That's a good start.

University places? Half the University courses offered by Labour have no end result other than a useless bit of paper that employers laugh at. Keeps the unemployment figures down though.

Benefit Britain? Another joke under Labour.

The two empty Ed's are a disaster in waiting!
We all have Human Rights, but they come with Human Responsibilities. Ignore the latter and you risk losing the rights to the former.

People who campaign for equality and freedom of speech amaze me. Disagree with them, and you'll be shouted down.
SolentShrimp

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:41 pm

SolentShrimp wrote:Solent's here, albeit sweating them off in Thailand.

The country has been brought back from the brink of ruin during the last 5 years.
That's always the case following Labour sending the place into terminal decline, entering into non-negotiable financial long-term contracts that ruin institutions like the NHS.

That's a good start.

University places? Half the University courses offered by Labour have no end result other than a useless bit of paper that employers laugh at. Keeps the unemployment figures down though.

Benefit Britain? Another joke under Labour.

The two empty Ed's are a disaster in waiting!

The problem is there are too many rich people who are ignorant to the plight of the poor. The economy may be on the up for the stock market share holders, but for the poor they are worse off working than before. Oxfam came knocking last night asking for donations and highlighted their work for those in poverty in the UK due to one working parent and one person doing childcare as childcare costs are unaffordable, approximately 1 in 5 nationally and Manchester 1 in 3. Not everybody who claim benefits are scroungers people have genuine illnesses & needs. They need something to live on, not piling more misery on them by creating bedroom tax when there's no smaller properties for them.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby SolentShrimp » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:46 pm

marky wrote:
If you had labelled it a political/election thread then it would have been 3 pages long by now with the contributions from Posh, Solent and George

Posh can only justify his comments by quoting %ages from one-sided sources!
We all have Human Rights, but they come with Human Responsibilities. Ignore the latter and you risk losing the rights to the former.

People who campaign for equality and freedom of speech amaze me. Disagree with them, and you'll be shouted down.
SolentShrimp

Postby SolentShrimp » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:53 pm

Oxfam!
Any idea where all the donations, monetary or otherwise, is divided?
How much of that £ in the charity box reaches the destination you want it to reach?

SolentShrimp

Postby Keith » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:08 pm

Got to accept that it was poor people who brought the banks to their knees, so it's poor people who have to pay the price.

Strange how it's all about deregulation and free market economy as long as the bankers are making billions but when the free market decides they need to go under, it's the poor people who pay to prop them up?

There may be more minimum wage, zero hour jobs now than ever before but if that is the measure of a succesful society, we're all screwed.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby SolentShrimp » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:21 pm

Keith wrote:There may be more minimum wage, zero hour jobs now than ever before but if that is the measure of a succesful society, we're all screwed.

Your solution is?
More to the point, who out of the current lot are most capable of taking the country in the right direction?

SolentShrimp

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:32 pm

SolentShrimp wrote:
Keith wrote:There may be more minimum wage, zero hour jobs now than ever before but if that is the measure of a succesful society, we're all screwed.

Your solution is?
More to the point, who out of the current lot are most capable of taking the country in the right direction?

The solution is let the NHS & everything else get privatised so the poor die. I think not. :shock:
BoroRedShrimp

Postby SolentShrimp » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:56 pm

We all die mate.
Labour screwed the NHS up with un-affordable, non-negotiable, long-term financial contracts.
What is it about that you don't either understand, or accept that it was a major f-up by the Labour government of the day?
Most of the characters of that disasterous government are still loose cannons, who if we aren't careful will take the country back to the brink.

SolentShrimp

Postby Christies Child » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:10 pm

SolentShrimp wrote:We all die mate.
Labour screwed the NHS up with un-affordable, non-negotiable, long-term financial contracts.
What is it about that you don't either understand, or accept that it was a major f-up by the Labour government of the day?
Most of the characters of that disasterous government are still loose cannons, who if we aren't careful will take the country back to the brink.

In other words a complete Balls up.... :lol:
Christies Child

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:13 pm

That's not the point that we all die, is it? That's your answer, is it, that we all die, then we are bloody screwed then. :o I partly agree that labour got us in this mess but these lot are worse. Give us another 5 years of Dave & Ozzy & the lapdog Clegg who sits & nods then there won't be a lower working class to worry about as they'll either all be dead or gone due to the privatisation of the NHS. Talking about wasting money these lot are throwing it away on an unnecessary high speed rail and airport runway. So, they all waste money between them. They are all bad as each other.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby SolentShrimp » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:38 pm

I don't think Clegg is the lap-dog, he's never had it so good, and is as smug as they come.

The Tories, and the country would have been a lot further forward without being in a Coalition. Lib-Dems are as good as buried.

Don't know much about HS railways or airport runways, other than they both create jobs.

SolentShrimp

Postby Christies Child » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:43 pm

BoroRedShrimp wrote:

That's not the point that we all die, is it? That's your answer, is it, that we all die, then we are bloody screwed then. :o I partly agree that labour got us in this mess but these lot are worse. Give us another 5 years of Dave & Ozzy & the lapdog Clegg who sits & nods then there won't be a lower working class to worry about as they'll either all be dead or gone due to the privatisation of the NHS. Talking about wasting money these lot are throwing it away on an unnecessary high speed rail and airport runway. So, they all waste money between them. They are all bad as each other.

I think you will find that the last lot was guilty of more NHS Privatisation than the current lot. The truth surely is that no matter how much money you throw at the NHS enough will never be enough :?: When you get the former head of the local Trust forced to leave his role with a huge pay off despite his incompetence and then walks into a similar job with another Trust is it any wonder that money is wasted. :?: :?: :?:
Christies Child

Postby halftimeresults » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:49 pm

On may the 7th ..expect the Tories to take a early lead in the morning. ..then when Jeremy Kyle has finished on tv about 11.00 ..should see Labour votes rise!
halftimeresults

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:59 pm

SolentShrimp wrote:I don't think Clegg is the lap-dog, he's never had it so good, and is as smug as they come.

The Tories, and the country would have been a lot further forward without being in a Coalition. Lib-Dems are as good as buried.

Don't know much about HS railways or airport runways, other than they both create jobs.

It may create a few hundred jobs but the jobless are on the increase but no longer able to claim due to sanctioning their benefits & twisting the figures, but I suppose you have an answer to that as well. Listen you are a Tory voter & I despise them for differing opinions to you so we will leave it at that.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby SolentShrimp » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:07 pm

Nice one Hodgie.
It'd have to be a live broadcast, with White Dee and Black Dee on location, offering expert on-the-spot analysis.

SolentShrimp

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:17 pm

Christies Child wrote:I think you will find that the last lot was guilty of more NHS Privatisation than the current lot. The truth surely is that no matter how much money you throw at the NHS enough will never be enough :?: When you get the former head of the local Trust forced to leave his role with a huge pay off despite his incompetence and then walks into a similar job with another Trust is it any wonder that money is wasted. :?: :?: :?:

It was Andrew Landsley and co who choose the current "choice" of providers, resulting in out-sourcing of previously NHS roles such as hearing aids. Last time I checked that was this Government.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CSp6HsQVtw

You're talking about one individual with the local Trust not looking at NHS as a whole, and my partner does work much lower down for the NHS not in Lancaster/Barrow/Kendal area, so this is only a small part of the much bigger picture. I'm not pointing fingers because between them they've all dismantled it, but this government have far from helped the NHS.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby Christies Child » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:27 pm

BoroRedShrimp wrote:
Christies Child wrote:I think you will find that the last lot was guilty of more NHS Privatisation than the current lot. The truth surely is that no matter how much money you throw at the NHS enough will never be enough :?: When you get the former head of the local Trust forced to leave his role with a huge pay off despite his incompetence and then walks into a similar job with another Trust is it any wonder that money is wasted. :?: :?: :?:

It was Andrew Landsley and co who choose the current "choice" of providers, resulting in out-sourcing of previously NHS roles such as hearing aids. Last time I checked that was this Government.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CSp6HsQVtw

You're talking about one individual with the local Trust not looking at NHS as a whole, and my partner does work for the NHS so this is only a small part of the much bigger picture. I'm not pointing fingers because between them all they've all dismantled it, but this lot have far from helped.

.......as do 3 members of my family. But I agree the current (and hopefully next Government ;) ) haven't helped but I have to say that my local MP Tim Farron has done an excellent job and will be getting my vote...again!!!!!
Christies Child

Postby Teams like Morecambe » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:44 pm

Christies Child wrote:

In other words a complete Balls up.... :lol:

Teams like Morecambe

Postby Wild Bill » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:50 pm

SolentShrimp wrote:

Your solution is?

Start with a fairer, more progressive tax system with a sliding scale right up to 60% to those earning millions per year and doesn't hit those on middle incomes as hard as it does now.

Close all tax loopholes with criminal cases brought against those that look to evade (Jimmy Carr and Gary Barlow to name a couple). We currently spend more on benefit fraud than tax evasion but the country loses far more from the latter.

Tighten up employment law that allows working people to earn a living wage. Increase commitment to get NMW to be inline with living wage rates so it becomes standard.

Lets face it, its only a real recovery if the majority of people feel the difference in their pockets. Stats otherwise are meaningless. Unemployment figures for example can be misleading when you have 100,000s participating in 'training' who come off the stats as well as many people in apprenticeships who work for less than half the minimum wage or those underemployed.

Undeniably we now have bloated working poor that could potentially get bigger if we continue on the same path of pandering to big business. Today I spoke to a guy who is keen to take on a PT job to get off JSA, but after he has paid his rent and bills will have around £20 to 'live' off. This to me is pretty shocking. No chance of him making a MFC game anytime soon!
Wild Bill

Postby Keith » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:30 pm

This Tory government, whose 'recovery' for rich businessmen included stripping away benefits for disabled people who ATOS deemed 'fit for work'. People like the butcher who lost his sight due to cancer. Him & his wife were forced to live on £70 per week until he died. Seventy quid a week for a couple to live on until he died. But Ian Duncan-Smith thinks it is okay. I personally know of a woman who uses a power wheelchair. ATOS called her for a work assessment. It was in an office on the first floor of a building. When she got there, the lift was out of order. So they stopped ALL her benefits FOR SIX MONTHS because she didn't attend the assessment. The fact that she phoned to say she couldn't get there because of the faulty lift was irrelevant. It took her six months for her appeal to be heard. Fortunately for her, her landlord was a decent bloke who let her run up six months of arrears (how many landlords would do that?) and she was able to max out her credit cards and borrow from her parents until the appeal was won and she got her benefits backdated. Obviously, she still had to pay the interest on her credit cards, but at least she wasn't on the streets. She was, naturally enough, extremely distressed and depressed, unable to go out of the house, experienced damage to her confidence and, in effect, lost six months of her life.

But it's okay, because we're all in this together. It's just that some are a lot more in it than others.

Keith
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Discussion