Exeter 1 Morecambe 1 [McGowan] Player Thread

Re: Exeter 1 Morecambe 1 [McGowan] Player Thread

Postby Keith » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:40 pm

1-1 "a poor goal to give away" "he had far too much time [unmarked] in the box".
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby bill ding » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:42 pm

Why can we not play 90mins FFS without panicking :(
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:43 pm

1-1

Fully deserved equaliser from Exeter according to Quinny
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:56 pm

Well done to all involved ..... Another great point away from home

Safe journey home to all
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:10 pm

Some interesting comments on Exeter forum ....

We are the dirtiest side seen for a while....Conference level at best....There for the taking....Constant timewasting like usual

This is from a side who couldnt beat at us home and also had a player sent off for kicking out

Interesting how fans see football matches
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby black morse » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:39 pm

Just got in from the match and I thought we were lucky to score against the run of play and very lucky to have got a point. Thought we were very poor and I now see why there are moans about the quality of football at home matches. I don't see many matches down here but this was the worst I've seen.
black morse

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:40 pm

Thats how it came across on Radio Lancashire black morse

But a points a point and that moves us on to 50
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:03 pm

all the more reason to listen to it on shrimps player, bps.

You hear it through rose tinted ears :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby quinny » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:41 pm

It's funny how people see things differently. I actually thought it was a decent game with some good football from both sides and I thought a draw was a fair result. Looking at Paul Tisdale's comments below he was very complimentary about us after the game.

Exeter City manager Paul Tisdale wasn’t too disheartened with taking just a single point from a home fixture against Morecambe.

A 1-1 draw meant that Exeter sealed an unbeaten month of March, and stretching an undefeated run to a sixth game. Other results however mean that City are now five points shy of a play-off place with seven games remaining.

The Grecians could have been empty-handed as the visitors led for over an hour, as teenager Aaron McGowan’s first goal in professional football put the Shrimps ahead on the counter-attack. However sub Alex Nicholls fired in what proved to be the point-earning goal with ten minutes remaining.

“It’s a valuable point and I’m really pleased with the way we played,” said Paul as he reflected on the game.

“You are always disappointed to concede a goal – they broke on us and it was a good goal. They put three or four passes together and finished it nicely.

“You could see how strong the breeze was today – we controlled the game pretty well in the first half considering we were against that strong breeze. We didn’t trouble their goal too many times but we had really good control of the game.

“But they played really well and it was a good football match. They were well drilled into what they wanted to do and they passed the ball nicely.

“They broke away and scored a really good goal – it wasn’t a fluke or particularly bad defending; they just beat two or three of our players and ended up with a nice finish.

“I will think at one-nil down at half-time we had a really good chance of winning the game. In the past we have been too disappointed in conceding a goal in the first half and we’ve gone on to concede two and given ourselves too far to come back from – that’s a criticism I’ve had too often.

quinny

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:44 pm

Liked your comment on Radio Lancashire Quinny about the idiocity of the Exeter fans applauding the lad who had been sent off.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby George Dawes » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:48 pm

:roll: I unsubscribed today, and left my reasons, nowhere near enough ball to ball commentery like when you're reading a book, I like to use my imagination.

Instead it's like listening to radio one in a morning. When all you want is to listen to Music, and you're lucky to get two songs on in 30min period.

So I end up turning over to listen to Quinny or Glen Cooper who are both way better.
George Dawes

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:50 pm

Do people still actually listen to Radio 1 ??!!

Haven't for YEARS me.
Seasider9601

Postby Keith » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:14 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:Do people still actually listen to Radio 1 ??!!

Haven't for YEARS me.

Yes, young people.
You haven't 'cause you are old. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Try Radio 4 (but not for Shrimps football commentary, they are really crap at that). Especially at 6:30pm midweek when the comedy is on.

When Quinny occasionally does Morecambe Player commentary, it is much more 'professional', with more ball by ball description of what is happening. When Statler & Waldorf are doing it, it is much more interactive and not as serious. It is also frequently punctuated by moments of "ooh, look at that, that was great, what he did there," which leads to moments of frustration and "no, I didn't look at THAT, whatever that was! Who did what to whom you twonk?" :lol: :lol: :lol: I enjoy both styles, but on balance I prefer the 'chatting with a couple of blokes down the pub'. The problem is, I don't think you can have both styles together. Given that Gashead of Alcatraz is a Bristol Rovers fan who subscribes to Morecambe Player because of the style, it obviously works for some people.

George, did you ever listen to the opposition's commentary team? You could have the ball by ball stuff (with a bit of bias, naturally) and still have access to the video interviews etc?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Christies Child » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:34 pm

Blackpool Shrimp wrote:Some interesting comments on Exeter forum ....

We are the dirtiest side seen for a while....Conference level at best....There for the taking....Constant timewasting like usual

This is from a side who couldnt beat at us home and also had a player sent off for kicking out

Some of the comments about our performance and style have been posted by other Forums that in their opinion we are both time wasters and a dirty side..... :o

Personally I prefer to call it 'professional at seeing a game out and being hard to beat'.

But at the end of the day I'm more concerned about retaining our justified league status...whatever the opposition fans think or say..... :twisted:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby outsider » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:47 pm

Christies Child wrote:

Some of the comments about our performance and style have been posted by other Forums that in their opinion we are both time wasters and a dirty side..... :o

Personally I prefer to call it 'professional at seeing a game out and being hard to beat'.

But at the end of the day I'm more concerned about retaining our justified league status...whatever the opposition fans think or say..... :twisted:

There is a very fine line between "timewaisting" and being "professional" When I've travelled nearly 300 miles, even I get annoyed at our "Game Plan" at times. When taking a minuet to take every goal kick in the first half, it becomes tiresum. I fully understand why we do it, But on the other hand we moan when others do it.

IMO we were lucky to come away with a point yesturday. But well done AJ on his first of hopefully many 1st team goals. The smile on his face at the end as he clapped the traveling fans who were singing his name, was a picture. I hope Mike managed to get it....
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:00 pm

Some of that post match thread is hilarious -

"Bollaks to pitty patty side to side that kills our pace, the fekkin goal is down the field! lets get down there and put some bloody pressure on the opposition. No doubt I will feel more optimistic tomorrow. 4 pints of ale haven't worked the magic yet. I'm off to roll a big spliff and see if that will do it. Grrrr"

"How Morecambe ever got to play League football is a mystery"
:lol:

Goals-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnQYTvfll24
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby RealShrimpThing » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:40 pm

interesting to see tisdale's comments compared to some on here

“But they played really well and it was a good football match. They were well drilled into what they wanted to do and they passed the ball nicely."

i didn't see the game but exeter who are one of the best sides ive seen at the globe this season have their manager saying this about us suggests we did well. we look safe with 7 games left. shurely that's a success for a team in the bottom 2 for average home attendances?
RealShrimpThing

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:49 am

marky No.1 wrote:"How Morecambe ever got to play League football is a mystery"[/i] :lol:

Still got sour grapes from 2007 then ??!!!
Seasider9601

Postby Zip It Shrimpy » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:25 am

I thought it was because we scored more goals than the other team in a Wembley play-off final. Not much mystery involved really since his team were also there at the time.
Who'd want to smell like you?
Zip It Shrimpy

Previous

Return to General Discussion