Chris Doyle

Chris Doyle

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:46 pm

Extended his loan spell at Chorley until the end of the current season
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Re: Chris Doyle

Postby John L » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:48 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:Extended his loan spell at Chorley until the end of the current season

http://www.chorleyfc.com/index.php/news-menu/club-news/2106-squad-news-one-stays-and-one-goes
John L

Postby Christies Child » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:51 am

Pleased that Chris has extended his loan at Chorley and wouldn't mind it becoming a season long loan next season with the proviso that he could be recalled at any time. Too good a prospect to let go but he does need extended game time and Chorley would be the ideal club and League for him to gain valuable experience for a return in season 16/17.

This of course assumes that there are no defensive departures planned this coming close season. It also would cover any unforeseen departures (ie Ryan Edwards) that may happen which would then enable Chris to become an in house replacement saving the club some money in a search for a suitable replacement.

Only my opinion of course and no doubt others will disagree..... :)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Shrimpy » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:56 am

I would be disappointed if he spends any more time at Chorley next season.

If he's not going to be involved in our first team then he needs to be getting experience at Conference level at this stage of his development. If he's not good enough for that then it would perhaps be best for all parties if he is released to ply his trade at Conference North level or below.
Shrimpy

Postby Ntini » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:08 pm

Shrimpy wrote:I would be disappointed if he spends any more time at Chorley next season.

If he's not going to be involved in our first team then he needs to be getting experience at Conference level at this stage of his development. If he's not good enough for that then it would perhaps be best for all parties if he is released to ply his trade at Conference North level or below.

I completely agree with every aspect of this. If Chris is going to develop then he needs to be playing at a higher level than this season. If that's not with us, then (if I were Jim) I'd want to see him playing at conference level. There's no longer a huge gap between the leagues and so it would be useful to have him playing at a good level for another year and then see if he can break into the first team the season after.

If that isn't going to be the way, then it's a case of goodbye and good luck. We can't afford to have promising players plying their trade two tiers below the first team for a second season. If that's his level (and I'm not saying it is in this case) then he needs to sign for a team at that level and allow someone else to come in and have the chance to make a difference to our squad.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby parkyboy » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:47 pm

Chorley are in with a chance of promotion tomain conference league
parkyboy

Postby FattyFoulke » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:39 pm

Just scored his 4th goal in 12 games
FattyFoulke

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:27 pm

parkyboy wrote:Chorley are in with a chance of promotion tomain conference league

A good 3-1 away win at Leamington tonight puts them in the Play Off places
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby The Marksman » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:38 am

Christies Child wrote:Pleased that Chris has extended his loan at Chorley and wouldn't mind it becoming a season long loan next season with the proviso that he could be recalled at any time.

If a player goes out on a season long loan, they can only be recalled in the main transfer windows. Only players on short term loans can be recalled at any time (and both situations rely on the relevant clauses being in the terms of the loan contract).
The Marksman

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:15 pm

Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:39 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Joe McGee gone on loan to Buxton

http://www.buxtonadvertiser.co.uk/sport ... -1-7176598

Good to see that we are helping Joe to get back to full fitness after his injuries of last season. Although released by the club it was with the promise that we would ensure his return to fitness and this is exactly what we have done. I can't think of many other clubs in our league who would do this for a former player. :)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Shrimpy » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Have I missed something here? How can he go out on loan if he hasn't got a contract with us?

Unless he's signed a new contract with the club since he was released in the Summer then he isn't our player to loan out!
Shrimpy

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:28 pm

Maybe it's a non contract basis while we are 'looking after' him. Maybe the paper has just used the word 'loan'... if not, then yes you are missing something :?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion