Reserves Today

Reserves Today

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:24 pm

A 5-1 win today against Port Vale

Hat-trick for Jack Sampson.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Re: Reserves Today

Postby black morse » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:16 pm

Who says he can't score goals :lol:
black morse

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:23 pm

"Right lads maybe you are not aware but there's 10 of you who havn't got a contract for next season. Over the coming weeks I will be making difficult decisions, so those of you who don't get your fingers out will be down the road"
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:25 pm

Was this game advertised anywhere :?: :?: :?:

Would have been nice to have known it was on as I'm sure a number of others including myself would have gone.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:39 pm

our team.

Morecambe: Stewart, McGowan, Bondswell (Finney, 65), Drummond, Edwards (Reynolds, 52), Goodall, Amond (Bailey 61), Wright, Sampson, Mullin, Watson.

Subs: Kitchen, Reynolds.

Read more: http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Morecamb ... z3VEf2Vxci
Follow us: @SentinelStaffs on Twitter | sentinelstaffs on Facebook
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:54 pm

Jack Sampson raced clear behind the defence and stroked the ball home :shock:

Next thing our midfielders will be slotting forward through balls on the deck
marky No.1

Postby underbank » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:04 pm

Sounds like he's after a new contract or putting himself in the shop window. Perhaps one we should renew in Summer and give him a decent run in matches?

Strange that Williams wasn't involved. Is he injured or is he so much out of favour he's not even being selected for the reserves now?

CC is right re publicity, I'd have gone to watch today if I'd known it was on. Nothing on OWS yet either.
underbank

Postby Christies Child » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:11 pm

With our league position almost secured I'd like Jimbo to experiment with differing combinations up front by playing Mullers and Sampson as a combined strike force for starters with Jack playing in the hole behind the front two.

Thoughts.... :?: :?: :?:
Christies Child

Postby halfwayprawn » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:06 pm

Maybe Williams (if hes still in favour) Wildig could have a run out in the next reserve match
halfwayprawn

Postby John L » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:50 pm

Christies Child wrote:Was this game advertised anywhere :?: :?: :?:

Would have been nice to have known it was on as I'm sure a number of others including myself would have gone.

It was mentioned on Facebook this morning. Apologies for not sharing it on here...
John L

Postby John L » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:51 pm

underbank wrote:Sounds like he's after a new contract or putting himself in the shop window. Perhaps one we should renew in Summer and give him a decent run in matches?

Strange that Williams wasn't involved. Is he injured or is he so much out of favour he's not even being selected for the reserves now?

CC is right re publicity, I'd have gone to watch today if I'd known it was on. Nothing on OWS yet either.

http://www.morecambefc.com/news/article/-morecambe-5-port-vale-1-2355277.aspx
John L

Postby Christies Child » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:41 am

John L wrote:
Christies Child wrote:Was this game advertised anywhere :?: :?: :?:

It was mentioned on Facebook this morning. Apologies for not sharing it on here...

No apology necessary. But the club should realise that not everybody uses Facebook etc. If they want to inform the masses then SVs is the only option in my opinion.

Pleased that Jack got a hat trick and wouldn't mind seeing him given a final opportunity to impress in the first team possibly alongside Mullers. Would be interesting to see how two relatively young and big lads performed together. You never know it may prove to be an in-house solution going forward into next season.
Christies Child

Postby Shrimpy » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:59 am

Christies Child wrote:If they want to inform the masses then SVs is the only option in my opinion

If they want to inform the masses then Shrimps Voices is probably the last place to post it. How many active users are there on here? 50?

The Facebook page has 7000 likes and the twitter account has over 9000 followers.

The clubs own website and social media accounts should always be the clubs mouthpiece.
Shrimpy

Postby Christies Child » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:21 am

Shrimpy wrote:
Christies Child wrote:If they want to inform the masses then SVs is the only option in my opinion

If they want to inform the masses then Shrimps Voices is probably the last place to post it. How many active users are there on here? 50?

The Facebook page has 7000 likes and the twitter account has over 9000 followers.

The clubs own website and social media accounts should always be the clubs mouthpiece.

Good points and I didn't realise the actual numbers re Facebook and Twitter which is on the face of it impressive. Totally agree about the OWS.

However I would dispute the SV figure as there are considerably more people who log on but do not post.
Christies Child

Postby Pablo » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:28 pm

Christies Child wrote:With our league position almost secured I'd like Jimbo to experiment with differing combinations up front by playing Mullers and Sampson as a combined strike force for starters with Jack playing in the hole behind the front two.

Thoughts.... :?: :?: :?:

Too late for this season now. Big jack out on loan to Macclesfield to the end of the season. For regular first team football he has an opportunity to show what he can do 8-)
Up the football league we go
Pablo

Location: At the end of the yellow brick road with a set of crutches

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:40 pm

underbank wrote:Strange that Williams wasn't involved. Is he injured

He needs a hernia operation
marky No.1

Postby Aal » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:41 pm

I heard that Reserves at home next Tuesday 2pm...not sure where, but with kids on hols, it could get a crowd?
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Return to General Discussion