Trouble after the game?

Trouble after the game?

Postby lancaster shrimp » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:03 pm

Hearing there's been trouble after the game? No doubt it's the "Firm" anyone know what's happened?
lancaster shrimp

Surprised to hear that...

Postby Arnside Red » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:44 pm

there was a lot of coppers inc dogs at the exit from the away end.........
Arnside Red

Re: Trouble after the game?

Postby Aal » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:41 pm

Police did a good job..
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby Teams like Morecambe » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:05 pm

Firstly we do NOT have a firm. The police were selecting fans as they left the stadium who they thought were a 'danger to the general public', and yes that is a direct quote from the police. There was no trouble at all yet there was a rediculous amount of police and stewards who created a hostile environment. Full credit to our support and inparticular the younger lads who have come in for a lot of criticism recently.
Teams like Morecambe

Postby Aal » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:15 pm

Yes the lads behaved well in the ground apart from a flare going off of course.

Methinks that the Motherwell lads showed them an example of how you can support your team in a laddish sort of way...great drumming today...much better than usual!
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby Sammy h » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:17 pm

Teams like Morecambe wrote:Firstly we do NOT have a firm. The police were selecting fans as they left the stadium who they thought were a 'danger to the general public', and yes that is a direct quote from the police. There was no trouble at all yet there was a rediculous amount of police and stewards who created a hostile environment. Full credit to our support and inparticular the younger lads who have come in for a lot of criticism recently.

They're a disgrace and are tarnishing the good name of our football club. They bullied the young girl on Tuesday and tried bullying one of my friends today and it failed drastically. The sooner they get bored and move onto something else the better.
Sammy h

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:48 pm

i believe one of their ringleaders actually has a parent in the police force.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:04 am

Never seen as many police presence in town, then at and after a game ever, League 1 , 2 Premiership even Champions League!
Afterwards they were selecting people in a cage, on our way out, 10 police vehicles plus a line of 50 stewards must have cost a fortune
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:30 am

Teams like Morecambe wrote:Firstly we do NOT have a firm.

Correct. The sooner they stopped being referred to as such, the better, because they are a bunch of immature numpties who need sending to bed without any supper, not self glorifying and getting off on being described as a 'firm'.

The police presence is in part a self full filing prophecy. The police intelligence/police liaison officers read these message boards (hello Mr or Mrs Policeman). If we are talking about the children, they will respond.

I'd prefer it if the club dealt with them as they don't appear to be growing up quickly enough and our excellent reputation for being a positive, friendly club is being damaged.

The support throughout the game yesterday was excellent. I hope the children mature soon, keeping the positive qualities and losing the pathetic ones.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Harry » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:25 pm

The thing that really worries me is they don't seem to realise how ridiculous they look, dressing up as Devvo or Kevin and Perry. A small crumb of comfort that we can take is that these kind of idiots are not exclusive to Morecambe. Most lower league clubs seem to have a bunch of kids who go round acting hard, as it seems to be the fashionable thing to do in their age group. From what I have seen, no trouble or violence actually occurs, even when they encounter 'rival' supporters from other clubs. I hope it ends soon though, because they are embarrassing to be associated with.
Harry

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:59 pm

all under 18,s should be accompanied by a responsible adult over 25 years old,carrying ID, the u18 given free admission, that would help.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby al1 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:00 pm

I have seen for myself on 3 occasions trouble outside the ground this season,all involving a dark haired lad who seems to be the leader of this group.this lad needs naming and shaming as soon as possible.also the police need to be more visible on chrstie way and on the main road by the estate.
al1

Postby morecambeshrimp » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:39 pm

the trouble with dealing with these kids is that 99% of the time all they do is cheer loudly and support the team. there is nothing to be done about this and nor should there be. however this is not to say that they are all little angels, the older ones are constantly looking for a fight and influence the younger ones to get up to no good. slowly but surely those who actually break the law by bringing in smoke bombs will be caught and banned.
morecambeshrimp

Postby George Dawes » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:47 am

morecambeshrimp wrote:the trouble with dealing with these kids is that 99% of the time all they do is cheer loudly and support the team. there is nothing to be done about this and nor should there be. however this is not to say that they are all little angels, the older ones are constantly looking for a fight and influence the younger ones to get up to no good. slowly but surely those who actually break the law by bringing in smoke bombs will be caught and banned.

Bang on! If it was that easy to ban them, like at the drop of a hat, then evey FL club would ban that sort of element for their clubs. And we would just have crowds like at Rugby matches

have to go through the proper legal channels, innocent to proven guilty, I would have thought some of the more librial posters on SVs would know this.
George Dawes

Postby Keith » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:06 pm

George Dawes wrote:have to go through the proper legal channels, innocent to proven guilty, I would have thought some of the more librial posters on SVs would know this.

No you don't. The club can arbitrarily refuse entry. Same as how a pub can ban a trouble maker without taking them to court.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby George Dawes » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Keith wrote:
George Dawes wrote:have to go through the proper legal channels, innocent to proven guilty, I would have thought some of the more librial posters on SVs would know this.

No you don't. The club can arbitrarily refuse entry. Same as how a pub can ban a trouble maker without taking them to court.

the club can refuse admission.

However only the police can give out banning orders > http://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/f ... orders.htm
George Dawes

Postby Keith » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:30 pm

George Dawes wrote: the club can refuse admission.

However only the police can give out banning orders > http://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/f ... orders.htm

Yes. So the club can refuse them entry. Which is kind of what I said :roll:

Didn't you read your own link? Police can't give out banning orders. Courts give out banning orders.

The club should ban them (from entry).

Keith
Site Admin

Postby George Dawes » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:45 pm

:roll: ok then, only the Police can apply for banning orders, same thing, a Police matter

If the police have evidence that a certain individual has previously caused or been involved in either violence or disorder at football matches and who continues to pose a threat. In this instance the police can apply to a magistrates court to have a football banning order imposed on the basis of a variety of evidence. Examples of this evidence will be:

Video recordings – these can be from home or abroad

Any convictions overseas received for violence or disorder

Any reports compiled by police intelligence
George Dawes

Return to General Discussion