Live Player thread v Carlisle Eh from Brunton

Re: Live Player thread v Carlisle Eh from Brunton

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:33 pm

Lies, damned lies, and statistics. I was at the game. You can have your opinion, and I will come on here every week and have my opinion, telling you that your opinion is utter crap.
Morecambe Jack

Postby Teams like Morecambe » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:34 pm

Christies Child wrote:
Teams like Morecambe wrote:
Seasider9601 wrote:Very pleased with a point up there against a United team fighting for their lives.

Good point after Tuesdays mare.

Think we can go to Exeter and win now, hopefully!

COYS !!!

You weren't at the game then?

Lets not let this point cover over the cracks. It was diabolical performance. Yet another season where we fizzle out in the final third. No ambition from the management. Why start Kev, he's exhausted. Why start the new guy who's played one match in five years? Play like this against Accy and we will get well beat.

Must have been a cardboard cut out of the same guy who started games at Kiddy just a month ago...let alone the games he's played for the Shrews over the last 3 seasons.

Where do you get your info from...beats me.... :!: :!: :!: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Poetic license. The point is he's not match fit.
Teams like Morecambe

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:34 pm

No, I wasn't at the game. Family commitments prevent me from travelling away unfortunately, not that I have to justify that to anyone.

Yes, I did see the scores on my BBC updates on my phone and thought, "a good point gained."

I can't (and won't) comment on the performance as I didn't see the game.

But, we didn't lose. We gained a point.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Aal » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:49 pm

Two poor sides today
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:55 pm

Arestidou is back in goals next week at Exeter.

Danny Ward has been called up by Wales.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Sammy h » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:11 pm

I do not understand why Paul Mullin is on the bench. He came in for 10 minutes and did more than 'championship Jack' did in 90 minutes.

Paul Mullin is going to be a star and we are wasting the pure talent that the lad has.
Sammy h

Postby Sammy h » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:15 pm

Blackpool Shrimp wrote:Totally agree with you Martin .... Some people expect far to much

We are a small club with a small budget and that wont change in the near future

We are on the same points as Portsmouth and also above teams like Cambridge,Oxford,Tranmere and Carlisle etc so not doing to bad

You're right. Think where we were all those years ago. Jesus Christ we used to play Marine away. We have no right to be in the same division as power houses like Carlisle and Oxford. We should bow down to their superiority. We are not worthy.
Sammy h

Postby steve mfc » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:36 pm

Point gained yes, good performance no, entertaining no, did I enjoy it no.
steve mfc

Postby John L » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:57 pm

Blackpool Shrimp wrote:We got a point away from home .... What do people want ????

We arent going to win every game for gods sake

Those of us who were there would've liked a better performance that could easily have resulted in a win. Yeah, a point away from home can be seen as a good thing but, my God, it was boring as f...
John L

Postby MfcChris » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:21 pm

Boring clueless hoofball Morecambe lucky to get a point.

I don't care about this season now it is over, I just want us to beat and finish above Stanley.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby MfcChris » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:27 pm

Blackpool Shrimp I don't get you at all. You consistently comment your opinions immediately after matches you weren't at but they vary from constantly criticising the club and home attendances etc and now giving us credit that we should be happy, after witnessing yet another boring performance.

You should listen to Morecambe Jack, he is one of the only ones with balanced fair comments of games, and I find myself in agreement with him every week.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:14 am

It was a shit game with a lot of skyball today, or yesterday for the pedants, but we got lucky with the penalty...
Would have taken a point beforehand, 3 more draws and the ambition will be a success.
Feel lucky not being in the dogfight.
Great turnout, but might be a bit thin at Exeter.

Accy game important, hope they don't embarrass us
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby parceldave » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:56 pm

Agree with Morecambe Jack and Marky, game was crap . I would say apart from Beely, Redshaw and Devitt everyone else played like the ball was a hot potato , couldn't wait to get rid . I would have thought that with so many players out of contract this summer they would be trying to impress , but last few games have been very unimpressive.

As has been said in the past , "Don't let the football spoil your day out " and it didn't , good atmosphere on both train journeys and around the town with their fans (one Newcastle fan ) ;) and the Police . Couldn't say the same about their stewards though , miserable bugga's
parceldave

Postby outsider » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:32 pm

Sammy h wrote:I do not understand why Paul Mullin is on the bench. He came in for 10 minutes and did more than 'championship Jack' did in 90 minutes.

Paul Mullin is going to be a star and we are wasting the pure talent that the lad has.

+1 I think he should be starting now. Gets the ball runs at defenders putting them on the back foot. Penalty was a bit soft but there was contact.
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby BHmfc » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:01 pm

Very happy with an away point against a side scrapping for every point to stay up. Few real chances for both teams and yes, the game wasn't the best but it's league two after all, a point some of us seem to forget. As for the two loan players I honestly don't think they made any real impact, but to be fair, it's not easy when you are thrown straight into the team, however, it would be interesting to know peoples thoughts on their goal from distance if it was Arestidou in goal. Well done to the 380 who travelled, needless to say I will not be going to Exeter, but I will be going to Bury. League Two North and South anyone, just think of all the local away games we could go to.
BHmfc

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:10 pm

BHmfc wrote:Very happy with an away point against a side scrapping for every point to stay up. Few real chances for both teams and yes, the game wasn't the best but it's league two after all, a point some of us seem to forget. As for the two loan players I honestly don't think they made any real impact, but to be fair, it's not easy when you are thrown straight into the team, however, it would be interesting to know peoples thoughts on their goal from distance if it was Arestidou in goal. Well done to the 380 who travelled, needless to say I will not be going to Exeter, but I will be going to Bury. League Two North and South anyone, just think of all the local away games we could go to.

It looked like it took a deflection off another player so no blame on our loan keeper at all.

IMHO next season we will have Barry in goal as our number 1 with the young lad who came on to replace Arestidou as his apprentice.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:24 pm

BHmfc wrote:League Two North and South anyone, just think of all the local away games we could go to.

My sentiments exactly !! ;)
Seasider9601

Postby Christies Child » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:54 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:
BHmfc wrote:League Two North and South anyone, just think of all the local away games we could go to.

My sentiments exactly !! ;)

Totally agree BUT I suspect there would be too much opposition from a majority of clubs even though their fans may express a desire to go down that road.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Keith » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:52 pm

The thing with the North/South discussion, if we were amalgamating League 1 & League 2, we'd all be for it. But if we were bringing together League Two & Conference, would we be as keen? Probably not. In which case, we can expect League One clubs to oppose mixing with us?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:38 pm

Good point Keith, never thought of that.

I'm not old enough to have been around (just....) but how did they chop and change the old Division Three North and South as it was into Divisions 3 and 4 ?
Seasider9601

Previous

Return to General Discussion