Contracts expiring this summer

Contracts expiring this summer

Postby underbank » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:03 am

Just been checking on player contracts and surprised at how many are out of contract this Summer. Looks like only 9 are contracted for 15/6 with 2 of those contracted to 16/17:

Redshaw, Roche, Beeley, Devitt, Edwards, Parrish, Kenyon, Mullin, McGowan

Could be quite a clearout. I wonder if that's why our form is so poor at the moment, with so many players knowing (or suspecting) that they're on their last few games for us. Also, maybe that's why they perform better away as there's more chance of impressing scouts etc?
underbank

Re: Contracts expiring this summer

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:25 am

What a load of utter bollocks .... Scouts don't just watch players at away games

I can't imagine any player likes losing either

Players come and go season in season out just the way it is
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:35 am

underbank wrote:Just been checking on player contracts and surprised at how many are out of contract this Summer. Looks like only 9 are contracted for 15/6 with 2 of those contracted to 16/17:

Could be quite a clearout. I wonder if that's why our form is so poor at the moment, with so many players knowing (or suspecting) that they're on their last few games for us. Also, maybe that's why they perform better away as there's more chance of impressing scouts etc?

They the ones contracted or the ones out of contract?
SupermarketShrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:38 am

Those are the "in contracts".

Mullin and Paz signed new deals earlier this season.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Shrimpy » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:57 am

I thought Kenyon was out of contract? Joined on a 2 year deal unless I've missed something?

EDIT: Just seen he signed a new contract until the end of next season.

This is the list of players out of contract in the Summer I think:

Mark Hughes
Andy Wright
Jack Sampson
Ryan Williams
Kevin Ellison
Alan Goodall
Stewart Drummond
Andy Fleming
Laurence Wilson
Andreas Arestidou
Padraig Amond

Also Marcus Marshall who is still technically our player and I would imagine all the kids will be out of contract too.
Last edited by Shrimpy on Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shrimpy

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:08 pm

Shrimpy wrote: I would imagine all the kids will be out of contract too.

Chris Doyle out of contract I'm sure too?
Seasider9601

Postby Kendalshrimp » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:12 pm

Shrimpy wrote:I thought Kenyon was out of contract? Joined on a 2 year deal unless I've missed something?

Mark Hughes
Andy Wright
Jack Sampson
Ryan Williams
Kevin Ellison
Alan Goodall
Stewart Drummond
Andy Fleming
Laurence Wilson
Andreas Arestidou
Padraig Amond

Also Marcus Marshall who is still technically our player and I would imagine all the kids will be out of contract too.

Out of that list Id only keep Wilson an ellison, the rest haven't done enough this season to convince me there worth another contract !
Kendalshrimp

Postby Christies Child » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:16 pm

Doyle, Hughes, Goodall, Wilson and Amond for me with Ellison given a coaching role ( to develop the youth alongside Drummy) as well as a playing contract but on reduced terms.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby underbank » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:40 pm

Kendalshrimp wrote:Out of that list Id only keep Wilson an ellison, the rest haven't done enough this season to convince me there worth another contract !

I'd hope to keep Doyle, Wilson, Goodall, Amond, and Williams.

Perfect world, keep Kev, but I guess he's expensive - perhaps he's a luxury we can no longer afford unless he accepts reduced terms?

I can't see Wright, Hughes and Flemmo staying as they'll be expensive and not particularly good compared to who else we may get on similar wages.
underbank

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:41 pm

Mark Hughes - nice to stay but won't be missed
Andy Wright - needs to stay
Jack Sampson - Think we've been trying for 6 months to get rid haven't we?
Ryan Williams - Think he'll actually do better at a higher level, perversely
Kevin Ellison - Nice to stay, game time needs managing, can't see him being cheap.
Alan Goodall - Hot and Cold, again not fussed if stays or goes.
Stewart Drummond - Christ the fact he puts his boots on is endemic of the time its taken to find a replacement for him!
Andy Fleming - Probably not done enough
Laurence Wilson - Stay.
Andreas Arestidou - Isn't he already off hence the signing of the young lad?
Padraig Amond - Won't be missed, but he's a good squad player.

I think if we sign them up, it will be because of the inability to replace like for younger/better inside the budget
SupermarketShrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:04 pm

goneshrimping wrote:Andreas Arestidou - Isn't he already off hence the signing of the young lad?

Interview with him in Tuesday's Shrewsbury programme where he says he is hoping to earn another contract for next season.
Seasider9601

Postby Kendalshrimp » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:10 pm

underbank wrote:Just been checking on player contracts and surprised at how many are out of contract this Summer. Looks like only 9 are contracted for 15/6 with 2 of those contracted to 16/17:

As for this list of players it's a decent back bone to be fair but Id still get shut of Kenyon if he wasn't under contract so I'm guessing we'll have all these next season to build round. Only ones I could see moving on is redshaw an edwards if someone was to pay a fee !
Kendalshrimp

Postby black morse » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:15 pm

Kendalshrimp wrote:
Shrimpy wrote:I thought Kenyon was out of contract? Joined on a 2 year deal unless I've missed something?

Mark Hughes
Andy Wright
Jack Sampson
Ryan Williams
Kevin Ellison
Alan Goodall
Stewart Drummond
Andy Fleming
Laurence Wilson
Andreas Arestidou
Padraig Amond

Out of that list Id only keep Wilson an ellison, the rest haven't done enough this season to convince me there worth another contract !

You'd be looking for rather a lot of good but cheap players then, or else you'd end up like Blackpool struggling to find a full team in time for the opening game.
black morse

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:57 pm

Get rid of all apart from Wilson & Ellison. Would bring in Scott Boden who has scored 18 goals for Macclesfield & 10 for his present Club Halifax Town this season. Also Dan Gardner or Arron Wildig who are not getting regular games at Chesterfield or Shrewsbury.
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby George Dawes » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:23 pm

Defence" i would like to keep intact

Midfield" Is not fit for purpose, I would like to keep the footballers, players who can look after a ball, and that only leaves Wright who as proved in the past what he can do, and worth another go.

Forward's" I would keep intact, apart from Samson although I like his battling spirit, and no fault of his own the rest of the team just start playing the hit & hope stuff, what's putting people off coming on a regular basis.
George Dawes

Postby Caged Lion » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:55 pm

Mark Hughes
Andy Wright
Jack Sampson
Ryan Williams
Kevin Ellison
Alan Goodall
Stewart Drummond
Andy Fleming
Laurence Wilson
Andreas Arestidou
Padraig Amond

Hughes - Keep - his sending off at Tranmere saw our seasonal slump kick in,but he's a gutsy player good enough for this level player
Wright - ditch - like him but would go for a younger utility player
Sampson - ditch
Williams - ditch :( - I thought he would be our star this season
Ellison - keep - brilliant sub
Goodall - keep - he is worth another year
Drummond - ditch - and keep as reserve coach he's great for MFC
Fleming - keep - a 2 year deal, still one for the future
Wilson - keep - won't do better at this level
Arestidou - ditch
Amond - ditch

Kenyan - pay him off
Redshaw - Sell
Parrish - offer 5 year deal and make captain

Jimbo & Ken - keep - give em more money and let's go for it next season

Fans - keep - free season tickets for kids and old gits such as wot I am
Caged Lion

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:02 pm

2 year to deal to Flemmo? Really?

1 year, tops, I'd say.
Seasider9601

Postby outsider » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:10 pm

:o How long is Flemmo going to be one for the future? Sorry but he can go for me.
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:13 pm

outsider wrote::o How long is Flemmo going to be one for the future? Sorry but he can go for me.

Summer of 2010 we signed him and he marked his debut and the opening of The Globe with 2 goals v (ahem, Paul) Coventry City

I'd give him one year to see if he can improve on this seasons seeming lack of form.
Seasider9601

Postby Pablo » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:17 am

Martin seasider did you get my message. I'm new to all this stuff. Still working my way through on how to do stuff on here. Just private messages I've not much clue how to do
Up the football league we go
Pablo

Location: At the end of the yellow brick road with a set of crutches

Postby halfwayprawn » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:34 am

Arestido keep
Parrish keep
Doyle. Keep
McGowan keep
Edwards. Keep
Wilson. Keep
Beeley. Keep
Williams keep
Sampson keep
Devit. Keep
Mullins. Keep
Ellison. Keep/player/coach
Hughes. Let go!
Goodhall let go
Amond. Let go
Wright let go
Drummond coach
Kenyon. ?
Redshaw keep
Roche keep if fit
halfwayprawn

Postby Kendalshrimp » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:18 am

outsider wrote::o How long is Flemmo going to be one for the future? Sorry but he can go for me.

Isn't he about 27 now :?
Kendalshrimp

Postby james456 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:50 pm

Hughes - Keep. Has his flaws but this guy can defend and I don't think the defence needs tinkering.
Wright - Don't know!
Sampson - Release. Another Jordan Burrow, early promise but not enough development as a footballer.
Williams - Release (reluctantly). Too lightweight and obviously not favoured by Jim.
Ellison - Keep. At his likely wage he's a luxury but we still need our talisman.
Goodall - Release. He's 33. I'd keep Kenyon as the younger and cheaper option.
Drummond - Keep. As he's on the coaching staff anyway and can still play a bit.
Fleming - Don't know!
Wilson - Keep. Still a decent attacking full back.
Arestidou - Release. Baz with young Stewart as backup will do me. We can always bring a loanee in.
Amond - Release. Decent squad player but doesn't offer enough.

Wright and Fleming are both budget dependent. I'd release and give our midfield an overhaul if possible but we may not have the money to bring in better players.

On the shopping list for next season are a fast winger and two central midfielders. Then another forward if possible.
james456

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:44 pm

I think we need to keep the same defence, it has done well overall. Hughes has had a good season, despite the odd blip and social media fiasco (whether or not he is captain, is a different argument). We won't get a better LB than Loz for our money.

Arestidou to go. Not good enough to even sit on the bench for me. I'm quite comfortable following the Accy model of just getting in loanees as necessary, when Baz is back fit. It will probably be cheaper too.

Midfield is the main area for improvement. Logic says one of Wright and Goodall must leave - both likely to be higher earners and therefore one has to leave to make room for someone new. I would say it is fairly likely that it will be Goodall that will leave, due to age. I presume this is why he is not playing much, so that we don't trigger the contract extension.

It is a shame that Kenyon still has a year to go, as he would be top of my list to leave. As he isn't, with regret, Williams is almost certain to go. I think he can offer a lot, but he has never really taken his chance and hides in games when he comes on a lot of the time (however great his set pieces are).

I probably would offer Fleming a new deal, but lets be honest he has had a really poor season in comparison to prior years where he has been player of the year.

To the old boys; I think Tuesday night was the first time that it was clear it is time for Drummond to hang up his boots. It wasn't just a poor performance, there was a clear change in attitude. If we want to improve the midfield, we have to move on from relying on Drummy. Ellison is a really tough one, I think he probably will get another year - but he must be managed better. He cannot be playing every game for the full 90 minutes.

Up front, I think we know Sampson is on his way. Great attitude, but lacking in quality unfortunately. I actually quite like Amond, it is just unfortunate that he is always shoved out on a position where he is useless. He is definitely a 10-15 goal player in the right position- which is the best we can hope for on our budget! He is probably likely to leave though.
Morecambe Jack

Postby halfwayprawn » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:33 pm

When Sampson first came he seemed to have a bit of quality but he soon got that taken from his game
halfwayprawn

Next

Return to General Discussion