Not nice to see

Not nice to see

Postby Morecambe Shrimp » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:54 am

I don't know if anyone else in the Omega stand saw towards the end of the game a regular Morecambe fan in tears after what I believe suffering some verbals from some of the "LADS" behind the goal? I choose to stand close to the group as I enjoy the atmosphere and singing that is in the main generally good natured. Whilst a did hear a couple of random cat calls I was not close enough to hear any specifics. The supporter and a friend did try to point out the individuals to the stewards but nothing happened. I think that every Morecambe fan should have the right to come and support the team without incident especially given the fact that we are already suffering from dwindling attendances.
Morecambe Shrimp

Re: Not nice to see

Postby Christies Child » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:18 am

No doubt this was the same group of mindless idiots who seemed intent on causing trouble after the game as they congregated in the car park post game very close to the visiting coaches.

Whilst gates are going down this type of 'support' we can do without.

:evil:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Loyalsupporter » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:06 pm

This needs to be an official complaint, contact the club with your concerns

It is no longer funny, it became bullying, it is now harrasment

Shouting show us your tits and biscuit nipples, is not clever and given that the individual receiving the taunts has a learning difficulty, this is disgusting

Morecambe football club stewards / safety officers are useless, verbal bullying of our own fans, smoke bombs not being extinguished, offenders not being identified and ejected, it is the same group of yobs

do your jobs, get on the camera's, pick up the smoke bombs, the casing is big enough to get a finger print off - hand it in to the liason officer and get these idiots identified.

would be nice if someone from MFC security of the club itself - would come out and address the matters arising.

Morecambe Football club is a family club, Respect our players, officials and one an other

I bet the Visitor paper would be interested in a few stories regarding how MFC stewards allow bullying and people with asthma to suffer with repeated smoke bombs being set off.

Never mind my bloody shoes being ruined with red smoke stain

Don't dare tell me to move away from them - get the pricks thrown out and do your bloody job..........
Football League & We're Having A Laugh
Loyalsupporter

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:14 pm

And whilst we're on the subject, I've been having a shufty at the Barrow forum this lunchtime.

At the time of writing this, their "newest member" is "Morecambe Firm"

This needs stamping out as a matter of urgency. No barriers in the roadway on exit from the Omega Stand last night and we observed the usual suspects making their way towards the away end.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Christies Child » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:41 pm

To any of the idiots who caused the problems last night have the ability to read (which is doubtful) then you are a disgrace to the football club that you claim to support.

We simply don't need SCUM of your kind at our club.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby morecambegeek » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:55 pm

I would say that they probably thrive on the attention from these types of thread and any information that can lead to them being prevented from entering the stadium should be passed to the club.
morecambegeek

Postby George Dawes » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:24 pm

:roll: is their behaviour any different to

A] Hughes shouting and being abusive and agressive to team mates, when you compare it to the chanting about nipples and leaving another fan(like Williams our keeper the other week) upset

B] Ellison sledging, winding players up to react in order to get them sent off, by any means like calling somebody a rapist reapeatadly ie. Asking for trouble.

C] a recent Morecambe under 18 player reacting and knocking somebody out?

Shall we tell the Stewards and Police about them in order to take action?

PS am not sticking up for them, it just bugs me, the double standards with by theses people who think there high n mighty on SVs
George Dawes

Postby morecambegeek » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:06 pm

Hi George.

You start a thread, we'll all come and tut with you. How would you like us to address the specific examples you've mentioned here?
morecambegeek

Postby Now_Then » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:09 pm

It is getting beyond a joke now. The actions of these kids is bringing the club into disrepute and ruining a reputation of our fans that has been developed over many years. Watching these lad and its the same lads time and time again, chase a mini bus down Westgate was horrible. Hearing the foul mouthed rants and racial abuse aimed at the fans in the minibus was repulsive.

It is always the same lads but besides a minor blockade at the end of a couple of games, what are the club actually doing to prevent these idiots being associated with our club? I asked the question on here last season if we had a firm and its clear that we do now.
Now_Then

Postby Morecambe Shrimp » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:50 pm

George Dawes wrote::roll: is their behaviour any different to

A] Hughes shouting and being abusive and agressive to team mates, when you compare it to the chanting about nipples and leaving another fan(like Williams our keeper the other week) upset

B] Ellison sledging, winding players up to react in order to get them sent off, by any means like calling somebody a rapist reapeatadly ie. Asking for trouble.

C] a recent Morecambe under 18 player reacting and knocking somebody out?

Shall we tell the Stewards and Police about them in order to take action?

PS am not sticking up for them, it just bugs me, the double standards with by theses people who think there high n mighty on SVs

Hmm don't quite see the link here. The conduct of the players on the pitch and the management of unacceptable behaviour is the responsibility of the manager. The safety and well being of supporters on the ground is the role of the stewards and if required as per the Hartlepool game the police. The link I suppose is in how the situations are dealt with whether that be stewards or the manager and if the unacceptable behaviour in both examples are not dealt with in the correct manner then they will obviously just carry on.
Morecambe Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:07 pm

:roll: But them incidents i have pointed out on the pitch are just feet away from the events on the terrace, when Stewards and the Police can be evicting and arresting people for the same offence.
George Dawes

Postby morecambegeek » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:34 pm

I missed one of the players letting off a flare on the pitch.
morecambegeek

Postby 4G63 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:06 pm

Must've missed one of players making remarks of a sexual nature towards someone with learning difficulties too.

It's not really acceptable that a fan can't come to the Globe to watch their team play without being verbally abused like that.
4G63

Postby George Dawes » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:09 am

morecambegeek wrote:I missed one of the players letting off a flare on the pitch.

If you're gonna be silly

you ever miss or missed the ones by MFC what use to go off before KO(when the teams come out) in the middle of the pitch, and the Ref and others complain they got asthma ?
George Dawes

Postby morecambegeek » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:19 am

George Dawes wrote:If you're gonna be silly

The definition of irony. But if you insist on an answer, I'd say a feeble set of fireworks in the middle of the pitch is quite different to a flare let off in the middle of a tightly packed stand. Feel free to correct me.

You still haven't answered the question I asked you earlier in the thread.

morecambegeek wrote: How would you like us to address the specific examples you've mentioned here?
morecambegeek

Postby Gnasher » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:22 pm

I saw some local idiots at Bare station a few months ago after the Wimbledon game, two older lads with young lads and girls in awe of them. From the phone calls they were making, they were obviously hoping for more to turn up. Anyway, barriers go down, one runs across the track to the other platform and closed hoods go up ready to taunt the few Wrexham fans they expected to get off the train and have a go. Train pulls in, packed full of Wrexham fans. A few fingers and taunts and the train pulls away peacefully. Reported to BTP on Lancaster station, Bare station is covered by CCTV. Quite funny to watch but it could have been a lot worse.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby George Dawes » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:49 pm

morecambegeek wrote:
George Dawes wrote:If you're gonna be silly

The definition of irony. But if you insist on an answer, I'd say a feeble set of fireworks in the middle of the pitch is quite different to a flare let off in the middle of a tightly packed stand. Feel free to correct me.

No I don't insist, I just matched you're lame reply, with one as just as feeble.
morecambegeek wrote:I missed one of the players letting off a flare on the pitch.

No players don't go round letting flares off on the pitch they go round acting like they're above the law and go round knocking people out instead.
George Dawes

Postby morecambegeek » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:11 pm

You missed the question again George.
morecambegeek

Postby George Dawes » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:59 pm

morecambegeek wrote:You missed the question again George.

no I havnt, you have answered it. And lost.
George Dawes

Postby morecambegeek » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:11 pm

morecambegeek wrote:How would you like us to address the specific examples you've mentioned here?

George Dawes wrote:no I havnt, you have answered it. And lost.

Where did you answer it George?
morecambegeek

Postby George Dawes » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:36 pm

morecambegeek wrote:
morecambegeek wrote:How would you like us to address the specific examples you've mentioned here?

George Dawes wrote:no I havnt, you have answered it. And lost.

Where did you answer it George?

I'm asking the questions, you not answering em, as answered em, I got what I wanted.
George Dawes

Postby morecambegeek » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:43 pm

I understand the point you think you're making. Shame you're not willing to engage in any discussion about it.

Ironically, in dismissing the views of those you think as 'high and mighty', or a 'prententious twerp' as you called me via private message, you seem to imagine yourself as being on some kind of pedestal, despite never having offered any of the opinions you introduce almost at random into unrelated threads previously.

Which for a xenophobic, mysoginistic, homophobic rape apologist seems odd to me.

Anyways, I suggest you put me and the other pretentious twerps on your ignore list to make Keith's life easier, and consider why you support a club where you seem to take issue with the on field activity of so many of the players.
morecambegeek

Postby George Dawes » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:14 pm

morecambegeek wrote: Shame you're not willing to engage in any discussion about it.
:shock:

and consider why you support a club where you seem to take issue with the on field activity of so many of the players.

so you do have double standards, and no credibility if you choose to have one rule for one, and one for another, at least we've esablished that, good night :D
George Dawes

Postby John L » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:58 am

Gnasher wrote:I saw some local idiots at Bare station a few months ago after the Wimbledon game, two older lads with young lads and girls in awe of them. From the phone calls they were making, they were obviously hoping for more to turn up. Anyway, barriers go down, one runs across the track to the other platform and closed hoods go up ready to taunt the few Wrexham fans they expected to get off the train and have a go. Train pulls in, packed full of Wrexham fans. A few fingers and taunts and the train pulls away peacefully. Reported to BTP on Lancaster station, Bare station is covered by CCTV. Quite funny to watch but it could have been a lot worse.

Did the Wrexham fans enjoy their day at the seaside?
John L

Postby Gnasher » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:53 pm

Wimbledon, Wrexham, they begin with W :lol: Definitely Wimbledon!
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Next

Return to General Discussion