What next ?

What next ?

Postby Kendalshrimp » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:51 pm

4 home defeats on the bounce, teams below us starting to come strong could we end up being in a dog fight going into the last few weeks of the season ? The summer can't come quick enough, if a clear out of players isn't what we need then it's a change of management !
Kendalshrimp

Re: What next ?

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:53 pm

Come on Mr Kendal you can't be negative on this forum
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:56 pm

Kendalshrimp wrote:4 home defeats on the bounce, teams below us starting to come strong could we end up being in a dog fight going into the last few weeks of the season ? The summer can't come quick enough, if a clear out of players isn't what we need then it's a change of management !

Roll your neck in :evil: you only come here to wind up/go away :roll:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby broadwayshrimp » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:07 pm

What next? 3 points at Carlisle probably.
broadwayshrimp

Postby George Dawes » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:14 pm

I'm afraid there is No quick fix, plod on till the End of the season with our hit & miss form what will see us over the line, then next season in L2. It will be Jim's last under contract, and see where we go forward from the end of next season.
George Dawes

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:18 pm

6 points from last 24 at home is simply not good enough

Still need 4/5 points to be safe yet

Where they coming from ......

Burton,Southend,Portsmouth and Accrington at home

Wycombe,Bury,Exeter,Carlisle and York away
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby bill ding » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:46 pm

Looks like an arse nipping finish to the season again...

A management team devoid of ideas ,
A club devoid of money .
A team devoid of any form of team spirit ,
Now a goalmouth devoid of a proven stopper
To cap it all the bottom teams are now picking up points.

Not the best recipie for a happy ending :(
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:49 pm

6 points from last 24 at home is simply not good enough

Still need 4/5 points to be safe yet

Where they coming from ......

Burton,Southend,Portsmouth and Accrington at home

Wycombe,Bury,Exeter,Carlisle and York away
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Morecambe Jack » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:50 pm

bill ding wrote:

We have been devoid of a proven stopper since Scotty D left.
Morecambe Jack

Postby bill ding » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:53 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:
bill ding wrote:

We have been devoid of a proven stopper since Scotty D left.

Good point , and the next home game we will be watching Scotty stopping us from scoring with Accy :evil:
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:55 pm

hate to agree bill,but you are right,gutless performance,non existent midfield,would not blame the goalies solely though,the sending off saved us from conceding a third,and gave us an excuse / scapegoat,stav took one for the team,we were getting dished anyway with 11 men,not inpressed with the management all blanking him on his way off,something is not right in that camp,theres no urgency guts on the pitch at all.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Kendalshrimp » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:20 am

shrimpnsave wrote:
Kendalshrimp wrote:4 home defeats on the bounce, teams below us starting to come strong could we end up being in a dog fight going into the last few weeks of the season ? The summer can't come quick enough, if a clear out of players isn't what we need then it's a change of management !

Roll your neck in :evil: you only come here to wind up/go away :roll:

Wind up ? Why would I come on here to wind up after we've just been giving a football lesson. I want to see this club go the next level not fight relegation season in season out an if we don't improve in the coming weeks that's what will be happening again.
Kendalshrimp

Postby underbank » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:38 am

Morecambe Jack wrote:We have been devoid of a proven stopper since Scotty D left.

I think Jim's decision not to keep Scotty is proving pivotal this season. Sorry, but Stav isn't up to it. Regardless of yesterday's red card (which both Barry and Scott could well have done the same), Stav has looked very nervous since he took over and time and time again has dithered when on the ball. I think that nervousness has passed to the defence who were solid at the start but are now also dithering wrecks. Hindsight is wonderful, but we would have been better keeping Scott. after all, Jim hasn't spent his wages on any new players anyway (God how we need some!).
underbank

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:42 am

Surely Jim needs to bring another keeper in by weekend .... Nothing against Stewart but this league is very unforgiving
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:11 am

I did say at the time he was on loan that we should try and extend Scott's loan until the end of the season. The management's failure to do this and failure to boost midfield is now coming home to roost. We are in disarray and not yet safe from relegation. I am left feeling something is going on at the club behind the scenes. Action is needed to halt this alarming decline.
fulwoodshrimp

Postby MORECAMBE_RULE » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:27 am

George Dawes wrote:I'm afraid there is No quick fix, plod on till the End of the season with our hit & miss form what will see us over the line, then next season in L2. It will be Jim's last under contract, and see where we go forward from the end of next season.

risky tactic though if he takes us down next season though
1 Notts County 46 65 93
2 Bournemouth 46 17 83
3 Rochdale 46 34 82
4 SHRIMPS 46 9 73
MORECAMBE_RULE

Postby Shrimpy » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:48 am

MORECAMBE_RULE wrote:
George Dawes wrote:I'm afraid there is No quick fix, plod on till the End of the season with our hit & miss form what will see us over the line, then next season in L2. It will be Jim's last under contract, and see where we go forward from the end of next season.

risky tactic though if he takes us down next season though

This season will likely end up being our best season under Jim. What makes you more concerned that he'll take us down next season than going into any other season with him at the helm?
Shrimpy

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:52 am

Blackpool Shrimp wrote:Surely Jim needs to bring another keeper in by weekend .... Nothing against Stewart but this league is very unforgiving

I thought he did ok last night John and you'd be of the same opinion had you seen him play.

A baptism of fire but he did ok.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby John L » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:07 am

underbank wrote:
Morecambe Jack wrote:We have been devoid of a proven stopper since Scotty D left.

I think Jim's decision not to keep Scotty is proving pivotal this season. Sorry, but Stav isn't up to it. Regardless of yesterday's red card (which both Barry and Scott could well have done the same), Stav has looked very nervous since he took over and time and time again has dithered when on the ball. I think that nervousness has passed to the defence who were solid at the start but are now also dithering wrecks. Hindsight is wonderful, but we would have been better keeping Scott. after all, Jim hasn't spent his wages on any new players anyway (God how we need some!).

Apparently we couldn't afford to keep Scott so it was out of Jim's hands.
John L

Postby John L » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:07 am

Seasider9601 wrote:
Blackpool Shrimp wrote:Surely Jim needs to bring another keeper in by weekend .... Nothing against Stewart but this league is very unforgiving

I thought he did ok last night John and you'd be of the same opinion had you seen him play.

A baptism of fire but he did ok.

Agreed.
John L

Postby parkyboy » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:15 am

Maybe Jim and Ken cant agree on best team and tactics so the players are doing there own thing
parkyboy

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:27 am

Who is the manager Jim or Ken? Manager is boss and as such has the final say on our team selection and (clueless) tactics!
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby MfcChris » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:26 pm

I would keep the keeper Stewart for the rest of the season (I guess the red card is only 1 game ban due to not an aggresive foul). This season is already over and we will finish 18th.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:19 pm

On current form we are a relegation team and its only the bright start to the season that's going to save us. I would like to see spirit, work rate, team work and a midfield in the remaining matches plus effective tactics. Some players are playing for their futures and the management's credibility is at stake. Lets have no excuses, no "it is what it is" comments. We need fight and determination.
fulwoodshrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:29 pm

fulwoodshrimp wrote: no "it is what it is" comments.

Mark Hughes said "we are what we are" in his M.O.M. presentation...also asked the fans to stick with us.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Next

Return to General Discussion