Season Tickets

Re: Season Tickets

Postby Wild Bill » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:54 pm

Unless we see a dramatic improvement in home results and performances I fear for crowds next season as well as season ticket sales . Anyone have accurate figures of how many we currently have and have had since making the league?

Personally I am in two minds whether to renew. Got a baby on the way, so I guess it will come down to how cheap they are compared to on the day tickets. I will probably have to miss 5-8 home games next season even if we are playing decent football.
Wild Bill

Postby George Dawes » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:18 pm

:roll: don't think the false promise of the Chinise investment will have anything to do with if, most fans don't read SVs or social media.

It will be down to their match day experience and the sort of football played on the pitch, and people don't like paying their hard earned money to watch crap football.
George Dawes

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:51 pm

George Dawes wrote::roll: don't think the false promise of the Chinise investment will have anything to do with if, most fans don't read SVs or social media.

It will be down to their match day experience and the sort of football played on the pitch, and people don't like paying their hard earned money to watch crap football.

Investment however does help to get the right players on the pitch which then gets more bums on seats. Jim can't get more players because we ain't got any money, so this will carry on until either Jim gets some cash from Carling Cup or gets a few young gems to sell on. People want entertainment and as you say they aren't getting it, so our crowds will continue to fall unfortunately.
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 pm

I'm buying one, of course.

This seasons had it's up and downs at home, some of it admitedly, has tested me!!

But as a supporter you take the rough with the smooth.

We must back our club. They need us.

Backing Jim and Ken too. All the way.

(And yes, I had one in the Leighton James era too....)
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Loglayer » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:05 pm

I didn't renew mine this season and by the way this season has gone I won't be bothering next season either.
Loglayer

Postby John L » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:39 pm

I'll buy one for as long as there's a Morecambe FC to support. Only started buying one when they started the terrace idea as I've always liked standing on the car wash / north terrace when it's decent weather. Too many fickle fans in this town but each to their own, after all, and I respect that. Don't let the football spoil your day...
John L

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:52 am

If the club are reading this, PLEASE continue with the standing season tickets where we can choose between the North Terrace or behind the goal weather dependent !!
Seasider9601

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:40 pm

It's all utter nonsense, I've never heard anything like it. We are a side punching above our weight and have never been relegated, but people won't renew because we don't play like 1970's Brazil.

If you want that, can I please point you in the way of the Manchester sides, oh apparently they don't get fans because they're playing long ball nonsense.

It's a game. You win some, you lose some. What on earth people think you'd get as an alternative if you were to sack the incumbents really intrigues me. I know what it would be, scrabbling for a journeyman manager waiting for his next move with a tiny budget in a division where everyone else has more money.

What do I know though eh? Everyone's entitled to an opinion. Doesn't make it right.
SupermarketShrimp

Postby Shrimps Trust » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:42 pm

How about you buy some of the FCoM raffle tickets, If your lucky next seasons ticket could be yours for £1
#Stronger Together

http://shrimpstrust.co.uk/
Shrimps Trust

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:17 pm

goneshrimping wrote:It's all utter nonsense, I've never heard anything like it. We are a side punching above our weight and have never been relegated, but people won't renew because we don't play like 1970's Brazil.

If you want that, can I please point you in the way of the Manchester sides, oh apparently they don't get fans because they're playing long ball nonsense.

It's a game. You win some, you lose some. What on earth people think you'd get as an alternative if you were to sack the incumbents really intrigues me. I know what it would be, scrabbling for a journeyman manager waiting for his next move with a tiny budget in a division where everyone else has more money.

What do I know though eh? Everyone's entitled to an opinion. Doesn't make it right.

And is that your way of getting more people to attend by pointing them in the direction of Premiership clubs. So don't complain in future when our crowds are down 500+. People/fans don't always expect miracles but expect the players to perform when we are at home to the lower teams better. It just doesn't come from some of the fans but the chairman said that in time he wants us to be a league 1 club.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby Shrimpy » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:24 pm

BoroRedShrimp wrote:
goneshrimping wrote:It's all utter nonsense, I've never heard anything like it. We are a side punching above our weight and have never been relegated, but people won't renew because we don't play like 1970's Brazil.

And is that your way of getting more people to attend by pointing them in the direction of Premiership clubs. So don't complain in future when our crowds are down 500+. People/fans don't always expect miracles but expect the players to perform when we are at home to the lower teams better.

The point being that we should be one of "the lower teams" and it's the managements good work that means we aren't! We have it better than we should.
Shrimpy

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:33 pm

Shrimpy wrote:
BoroRedShrimp wrote:

And is that your way of getting more people to attend by pointing them in the direction of Premiership clubs. So don't complain in future when our crowds are down 500+. People/fans don't always expect miracles but expect the players to perform when we are at home to the lower teams better.

The point being that we should be one of "the lower teams" and it's the managements good work that means we aren't! We have it better than we should.

I disagree. Fans want to see entertainment & try to achieve better. Maybe it is this reason why people don't attend like they used to as well as other things. I don't expect us to win every week but the football at home has not been at its best. To get bums on seats its a result focused business as well as entertainment. I remember going to the Sheff Utd game when we lost 5-0 but we attracted well over a 1k & the place was rocking. Wished we could see this again but we won't until things change on the pitch.
Last edited by BoroRedShrimp on Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby underbank » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:33 pm

BoroRedShrimp wrote: It just doesn't come from some of the fans

Absolutely, some posters complain about SVers criticising, but there are quotes from Jim and Ken criticising play and saying the fans were right to boo, and comments on the radio from Glen Cooper, one in particular, that the game was a "horror show", and comments on ShrimpsPlayer saying that the lads were poor, even comments on the club's OWS, facebook and Twitter accounts. So basically, lots of people in different positions, all saying the same thing! No-one expects miracles, but sometimes the lads just don't look as if they care and don't look as if they're putting in the effort. None of this is helping attract or keep spectators.
underbank

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:46 pm

underbank wrote:

Absolutely, some posters complain about SVers criticising, but there are quotes from Jim and Ken criticising play and saying the fans were right to boo, and comments on the radio from Glen Cooper, one in particular, that the game was a "horror show", and comments on ShrimpsPlayer saying that the lads were poor, even comments on the club's OWS, facebook and Twitter accounts. So basically, lots of people in different positions, all saying the same thing! No-one expects miracles, but sometimes the lads just don't look as if they care and don't look as if they're putting in the effort. None of this is helping attract or keep spectators.

You have hit the nail on the head.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby black morse » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:33 pm

underbank wrote:

So why would they care and put the effort in away from home? Difficult for me to say too much as I only see the team when they're in the South West but I still think it more likely that poor results/performances at home is putting the extra pressure on and they can't take it. At away games that pressure to do well is not there.
black morse

Postby chrise27007mk2 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:15 pm

I have decided to start playing again on a Saturday afternoon. Ive followed morecambe for 19 years and as much as I want to carry on coming, I can't justify spending just under £20 a ticket plus other expenditure, to see a team employed by the club I love put in half hearted, gutless performances.

Plus I get far much more enjoyment playing. Probably get hammered for this but financially it's just not viable, especially for what's on offer.
chrise27007mk2

Postby stoyles » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:33 pm

Just announced a price freeze on all tickets!!!
stoyles

Postby Loyalsupporter » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:45 pm

Still asking too much

I might have a lifetime ticket and this does not effect me, I would like to see the price come down and see if it does tempt more people to come watch.

I don't think what we offer on a match day is worth what MFC charge.
Football League & We're Having A Laugh
Loyalsupporter

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:54 pm

Wonder if an element of this years season ticket cost will be donated to the Youth set up as we were advised would be happening this year (ie, the £20 increase was being donated)

Do we know how many season tickets we sold and how much was donated yet ?
Seasider9601

Postby stoyles » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:21 pm

Ask at the fans forum.
stoyles

Postby halfwayprawn » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:40 pm

How about if sv put their questions on here and then everyone can see them and alsoPat can ask them at the meeting. This will also enable the relevant people to get their answers ready for the night.
halfwayprawn

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:40 am

Full details, prices, dates of Early Birds and Opening Times

http://www.morecambefc.com/news/article ... 84879.aspx?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby RedRedWine » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:02 am

I think the price of season tickets represent good value when compared to cost of paying on the gate for league two football, this is professional sport afterall; not a game of cuddles.

I've read a couple of comments about cost of watching Morecambe. Without considering the other benefits that being a season ticket holder brings, an adult terrace ST bought using the early bird discount equates to £9.57 a game, or the equivalent of 10 free games. Simply put if you're planning on missing 10+ games then a season ticket might not be the best option for you, but if you're missing less than 10 home league games then it's costing you more to not be a season ticket holder over the course of the season (this assumes that you pay to watch the club, the number of free tickets handed out to regulars needs monitoring IMO).

If you can't afford £219 in one go, there's the easipay scheme where you pay £35 a month (less than two home games) for 12 months in exchange for a two year season ticket. This also effectively locks you in to current season prices for next season.

I think the club could do more to try and encourage groups of people to buy season tickets together. Most people watch the games with their mates. As one or two drift off and stop going to watch games, others in a friendship group soon follow. If you've incentivised the whole group to stay with a reduced ST (some of the group probably wouldn't have been season ticket holders in the first place) then you stand a better chance of keeping hold of them all. It should be easier to retain existing fans than attract new ones. What I enjoy the most about best about watching Morecambe FC is the social interaction with other fans/mates and watching the team together - many of whom support other Premiership teams but we all support Morecambe. As they all drift off one by one for various reasons, that enjoyment level is falling to be honest, I might be the only one left if they all head off to play for Bentham reserves instead of watching the mighty Shrimps! ( ;) ) I know Wigan Warriors RL used to do a group ticket for league games, which I thought worked well from a customer perspective. They promoated it as a 'great night out' and people on the group ticket got a free beer and a pie.
Last edited by RedRedWine on Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hello! Hello! We are the Morecambe boys!
RedRedWine

Postby Craig » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:40 am

I haven't had a season ticket for a long time now due to playing myself on a Saturday, though once my knees and legs tell me to stop(not far off!) I will have another and it wont matter what league or how we are playing.... its our home club
I've got to say i've been to games with my kids when i'm not playing and you can see we want to play the right way, get it down and knock it around but unfortunately were sometimes not good enough to do it as other teams press us backwards and we then hit long hopeful balls.
I would love to see us paying 442 at home with wingers running at their man any day than watching the CB & CDM knock it around between them....... cain, Shirley, monk, elam, thommo, baker, to name a few.(Ellison & devitt should) were a joy to watch on a match day running at their man and whipping balls in...many wildly into the crown but the thought was there!!
For me though its not just on the pitch that needs sorting its the whole match day experience, I went to Bury last week and loved the fact they had music playing outside the ground prior to ko, only a little thing but was a mood changer if you know what mean. had a atmosphere before going into the ground
other things that have been promised need seeing through from the clubs point of view, I know we don't have a lot of money... but the club needs to think about the supporters views as most of us don't have a lot of money and its not cheap to support your club anymore.
do the tickets still go to local schools?
surely the price of hiring a coach and doing some work with the uni would pay off, if we could get 50 from there each week that would increase revenue.
Some sort of flexi ticket that can be used so for example, 10 tickets at price of 8/9 ??? but you can use at any league game, I know myself that most of the games I get to are at x-mas & Easter and all come at once and is a big hit...
just thoughts most likely been said on here before
Craig

Location: stones throw from the ground(not any more just a supermarket now!!)

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri May 01, 2015 10:51 am

When you compare our £219 Ground (Standing) Season Ticket against Conference League Barrow who are charging £280 for the exact same thing, but a league lower than us, we've got a bloody good deal here.

http://www.barrowafc.com/ticket-prices-next-season/
Seasider9601

Previous

Return to General Discussion