Season Tickets

Season Tickets

Postby halftimeresults » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:24 am

it seems a lot of fans are talking of not renewing their season tickets next season and for me that would mean the death of our club or certain relegation!
what would it take to make you renew?
what else would you do on a Saturday afternoon?
Football is not good to watch now but next season could be different!
we all like a good moan but deep down we all care for this club
halftimeresults

Re: Season Tickets

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:47 am

I notice lots of other clubs are already selling early bird season tickets for next season ...Why aren't we

Maybe reduce price of the tickets as well to maybe attract more/new supporters
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:56 am

For what it's worth I will certainly continue to buy a season ticket. May not be in C Premier due to restricted funds but I will continue to support our club no matter what.

:)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:09 am

Don't think its be all and end all. It helps cashflow in closed season, but in relation to the £10K a week shortfall we already have it's not the end of the world.
400 season tickets at average £300 ? The early birds must cost the Club a few quid over the season
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:13 am

Christies Child wrote:For what it's worth I will certainly continue to buy a season ticket. May not be in C Premier due to restricted funds but I will continue to support our club no matter what.

Honestly Neil, you may buy tickets and turn up every week but I rarely see you supporting the club and indeed the management no matter what they do.
SupermarketShrimp

Postby halftimeresults » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:15 am

Hands up if you've talked to someone who said they won't be renewing their season ticket!
halftimeresults

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:25 am

i definately will not be renewing mine,as i intend to spend all next season in hospitality and i dont want to pay twice a match.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Christies Child » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:03 pm

goneshrimping wrote:
Christies Child wrote:For what it's worth I will certainly continue to buy a season ticket. May not be in C Premier due to restricted funds but I will continue to support our club no matter what.

Honestly Neil, you may buy tickets and turn up every week but I rarely see you supporting the club and indeed the management no matter what they do.

goneshrimping wrote:

My feelings of the management are mixed and pulls at my emotions. I love Jim and as a hard worker and person and the passion he shows for MFC; he is just great. However we are going nowhere, making no progression in the last 4/5 years and I feel John Still and John Coleman would do a better job. 1. ...

..and that is supporting the management goneshrimping..... :?: :?: :?:
Christies Child

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:08 pm

I was quoting someone else and showing how they were wrong, so yes I was.

Well done.
SupermarketShrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:13 pm

halftimeresults wrote:Hands up if you've talked to someone who said they won't be renewing their season ticket!

A few, it will kill them not to go, but will be happy to pay as you go for selected games. they will soon be clambering for a ticket when we draw Liverpool in the League Cup

halftimeresults wrote:where do we go from here?
I feel that Jimbo is losing the fans (I'm one of them )
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:17 pm

goneshrimping wrote:I was quoting someone else and showing how they were wrong, so yes I was.

Well done.

The way that you posted your original message suggested otherwise. However I accept that I was wrong so accept my apology.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:47 pm

I think this is the quote you were quoting, he has it tattooed on his back

MfcChris wrote:My feelings of the management are mixed and pulls at my emotions. I love Jim and as a hard worker and person and the passion he shows for MFC; he is just great. However we are going nowhere, making no progression in the last 4/5 years and I feel John Still and John Coleman would do a better job.

Maybe I just like the name John :? (Unless you are an opinionated armchair fan from Blackpool)
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:02 pm

It would have helped if it had been posted as a quote in the usual way by fellow SVer goneshrimping. But I've apologized already for my error..... :oops:

:cry:
Christies Child

Postby MfcChris » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:13 pm

Yawn. Don't bring me in to it as I have already bought my season ticket for next season.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:28 pm

I will quite happily buy my season ticket for next season.

We always hope for better.

IMHO we should go back to a smaller squad but try and obtain some midfield quality.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby halftimeresults » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:55 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
halftimeresults wrote:Hands up if you've talked to someone who said they won't be renewing their season ticket!

A few, it will kill them not to go, but will be happy to pay as you go for selected games. they will soon be clambering for a ticket when we draw Liverpool in the League Cup

halftimeresults wrote:where do we go from here?
I feel that Jimbo is losing the fans (I'm one of them )

Do I like jimbos style of football now? NO
Will I continue to be 100% behind the team? Yes
will I still go? Yes
how many on here did a season under Leighton James?
halftimeresults

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:13 pm

I think the reason fans have given up hope is we were promised things that never materialised, eg Chinese investment. I bought merchandise which now means nothing. There's a lack of atmosphere, entertainment on the pitch. The club needs to respond to fans, perhaps NHS, Lancaster city council and unemployed discount or like Bradford first 100 (or similar) discount for season tickets. What bothers me is players do not seem motivated, committed and determined to win on the pitch at times at home. I've emailed the club with ideas and no response or actions in the past.

It is quite rightly as you said, we need to increase gates and fans to renew season tickets. If people disown the club we may well go bust or go back down and I don't want to see that happen.
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby Shrimpy » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:09 pm

BoroRedShrimp wrote:I think the reason fans have given up hope is we were promised things that never materialised

What happened to the covered area at the back of the stand that was supposed to be being sorted this season?
Shrimpy

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:20 pm

Shrimpy wrote:
BoroRedShrimp wrote:I think the reason fans have given up hope is we were promised things that never materialised

What happened to the covered area at the back of the stand that was supposed to be being sorted this season?

That is one of many. We need to see other ideas taken on board. If things don't change we will continue as we are with our crowds continuing to dwindle. People will not fork out money for the sake of it if problems never change.
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:28 pm

I will get a new season ticket next season. I also know of one who is wavering about getting one and a new buyer! I think all monies availabe need to go on players before we get other things off the pitch, they can come when we get bigger crowds and more money coming into the club. As for the Chinese investment i thought it was just a cultural exchange of coaching methods and ideas more than money? I have a vision of a team somewhere in China playing like us!! :?
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Shrimpy » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:35 pm

Westgate Wanderer wrote:As for the Chinese investment i thought it was just a cultural exchange of coaching methods and ideas more than money?

Yes, this was always my understanding of the situation too. The only bit in the press release that alluded to "investment" was as follows:

The Shrimps will be working with prominent business figure Yan Yanjie in a relationship that is expected to see him invest in club projects while Morecambe coaches travel to China to aid youth development.

Then there's this direct quote from PMG:

People are asking how much money is going to be invested but it’s about the bigger picture and getting Morecambe Football Club into China.

http://www.thevisitor.co.uk/news/local/morecambe-fc-s-historic-china-deal-1-6780854
Shrimpy

Postby Christies Child » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:35 pm

Westgate Wanderer wrote:I will get a new season ticket next season. I also know of one who is wavering about getting one and a new buyer! I think all monies availabe need to go on players before we get other things off the pitch, they can come when we get bigger crowds and more money coming into the club. As for the Chinese investment i thought it was just a cultural exchange of coaching methods and ideas more than money? I have a vision of a team somewhere in China playing like us!! :?

:cry: :cry: :cry:

;)
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:03 pm

halftimeresults wrote:how many on here did a season under Leighton James?

His wife?

Shrimpy wrote:What happened to the covered area at the back of the stand that was supposed to be being sorted this season?

Havn't seen a planning application yet
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:56 pm

marky No.1 wrote:

His wife?

Someone else's?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby black morse » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:31 pm

Keith wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:

His wife?

Someone else's?

Think that's probably libellous Keith :shock: Surely a moderator should know that ;)
black morse

Next

Return to General Discussion