So let me get this right.

So let me get this right.

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:44 pm

I was playing golf this afternoon so others will know better, but looking at the players picked, we've picked 4 forwards to have a go, it hasn't worked and jim and ken are still tactically inept and everyone else could do better.

Give me strength. I'll be there for the Shrewsbury game, but christ, some people need to realise what they've got. Its like Burnley or Blackpool fans complaining that they're not having a tilt at qualifying for Europe or something.
SupermarketShrimp

Re: So let me get this right.

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:00 pm

Maybe the rest of us should all go somewhere else on Tuesday night and then sit on our high horse and criticise people for being vocal about having to pay to watch 90 minutes of dire football.
Morecambe Jack

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:13 pm

Football is there to be endured, not to be enjoyed.

Id love to be in a situation again where I could be a season ticket holder and go home and away. I just can't and only go to midweeks.

Why don't we just go back to fucking about playing emley in the trophy again.
SupermarketShrimp

Postby George Dawes » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:41 pm

goneshrimping wrote:Football is there to be endured, not to be enjoyed.

Who told you that?
George Dawes

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:03 pm

But playing four strikers doesn't work as at least two are required to play out of their usual positions. In any case its not upfront the main problem is - it's in midfield where we have no one who runs at defences or plays positive balls. Its square or backwards passes only. What has happened to Ryan Williams? When he came to us he had flair and style, now he doesn't even feature regularly. What really upsets supporters like myself is the realisation of what might have been. We have a generally sound defence and reasonable strikers good enough to compete at the top end of the table but midfield is sadly lacking imo.
fulwoodshrimp

Postby Christies Child » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:09 pm

fulwoodshrimp wrote:But playing four strikers doesn't work as at least two are required to play out of their usual positions. In any case its not upfront the main problem is - it's in midfield where we have no one who runs at defences or plays positive balls. Its square or backwards passes only. What has happened to Ryan Williams? When he came to us he had flair and style, now he doesn't even feature regularly. What really upsets supporters like myself is the realisation of what might have been. We have a generally sound defence and reasonable strikers good enough to compete at the top end of the table but midfield is sadly lacking imo.

Surely there are creative midfielders out there who for one reason or another can't get games with their current club :?: :?: :?:

I know we are limited in terms of additional finance but as the Chairman is reported to have given the manager the green light to make at least one signing I'd like to think that sooner rather than later we will bring someone in who could be a permanent signing next season.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:05 pm

the midfielder may be being lined up already,todays results elsewhere could se him coming sooner rather than later.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby MfcChris » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:12 pm

My feelings of the management are mixed and pulls at my emotions. I love Jim and as a hard worker and person and the passion he shows for MFC; he is just great. However we are going nowhere, making no progression in the last 4/5 years and I feel John Still and John Coleman would do a better job.

Maybe I just like the name John :? (Unless you are an opinionated armchair fan from Blackpool)
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Keith » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:15 pm

MfcChris wrote:My feelings of the management are mixed and pulls at my emotions. I love Jim and as a hard worker and person and the passion he shows for MFC; he is just great. However we are going nowhere, making no progression in the last 4/5 years and I feel John Still and John Coleman would do a better job.

Maybe I just like the name John :? (Unless you are an opinionated armchair fan from Blackpool)

Pre-season, what was your prediction for where we'd finish?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:47 am

goneshrimping wrote:Football is there to be endured, not to be enjoyed.

Quote of the last 5 years :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby mfcbro » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:20 am

"Surely there are creative midfielders out there who for one reason or another can't get games with their current club" Ok C.C. go and find one.Sounds really easy in your opinion.
mfcbro

Postby Christies Child » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:56 am

mfcbro wrote:"Surely there are creative midfielders out there who for one reason or another can't get games with their current club" Ok C.C. go and find one.Sounds really easy in your opinion.

I seem to recall someone telling me that we had the chance of someone from Chesterfield that would cost us nothing. Wonder what happened to him and also the guy from Crewe..... :?: :?: :?:

It isn't easy I accept that, but the Chairman has given the manager the green light to bring somebody in so there must be some money available. We are after all the only club in our League NOT to have got somebody in.

Even you with admirable loyalty to Jim must surely accept that yesterdays midfield (and in other games of late) needed a change during the game. :?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:28 pm

Christies Child wrote:
mfcbro wrote:"Surely there are creative midfielders out there who for one reason or another can't get games with their current club" Ok C.C. go and find one.Sounds really easy in your opinion.

I seem to recall someone telling me that we had the chance of someone from Chesterfield that would cost us nothing. Wonder what happened to him and also the guy from Crewe..... :?: :?: :?:

It isn't easy I accept that, but the Chairman has given the manager the green light to bring somebody in so there must be some money available. We are after all the only club in our League NOT to have got somebody in.

Even you with admirable loyalty to Jim must surely accept that yesterdays midfield (and in other games of late) needed a change during the game. :?: :?: :?:

Didn't Tranmere loan a Midfielder from Chesterfield last month, a player I seem to recall Jim was after a few seasons back when reading other forums.
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:33 pm

Cheers for that Mfc Chris .... I dont go to games at moment for personal reasons

But i have supported Morecambe Fc for 35 years all round the country including travelling from Cambridge to Morecambe in the Northern Premier League days where crowds were probably 300-400

I want the best for the club so if i say something you or others dont like then tough .. I dont agree with everything on this message board but i dont put people down who have opinions
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby MfcChris » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:18 pm

It is the opinions you make minutes after games, when you weren't there.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Keith » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:00 pm

MfcChris wrote:It is the opinions you make minutes after games, when you weren't there.

I must admit, I do understand where Chris is coming from, but I also share John's frustration. Sitting in front of a computer screen, listening to the commentary is frequently like being in one of Dante's circles! After a failure like Saturday, there is an almost overwhelming urge to let rip with frustration. At least those of you at the game had a chance to scream at the ref!!! I tend to try and sit on my hands for a while if possible! :roll: I try to remember to wait for the opinions of the people who were actually at the game!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:30 am

My feelings of the management are mixed and pulls at my emotions. I love Jim and as a hard worker and person and the passion he shows for MFC; he is just great. However we are going nowhere, making no progression in the last 4/5 years and I feel John Still and John Coleman would do a better job.

1. On our budget staying in the league when we lose small teams and gain teams with bigger budgets in relative progression.

2. John still knows southern non league inside out and has a team that gets 6000 more at home and is paid accordibgly. Why stop with him when other names like Jose mourinho and Alex Ferguson could be within reach?

3. Where are accrington in the league. Just a comparitive performance, and no one can question the efforts of jim and ken. Ask Rochdale (iirc) about the drinking culture and the lax attitude to training.

It's like we've pulled a good looking girl in a nightclub, but after 4 years or so we are asking ourselves why we are not with Scarlett johanssen.

We've not been relegated ever, and bar a brief flirtation with relegation under sammy, we've never really looked like it. We all know we need slightly better players but no one else can seem to find them so god knows how jims meant to manage.

Football is years of bone spirit crushing mediocrity punctuated by amazing days where no drug or love comes close to the delirious emotion it brings. We are in the mediocrity part until we hit a cup run jackpot and can do a burton/Exeter.
SupermarketShrimp

Return to General Discussion