Morecambe 0 Hartlepool 1 Player Thread

Re: Morecambe 0 Hartlepool 1 Player Thread

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:17 pm

His excuse will just be a shrug of the shoulders then "it is what it is"! Tiresome waffle! Thank god we do win away from home otherwise we would be where Hartlepool still are after beating us today. Sick of the clueless tactics, sideways football, hoof it to little Jack when he's just brought big Jack on! Shrewsbury up next: excuse "they are a good side fighting for promotion". Then Accy " well they always beat us"! Don't worry though JB we can't sack you because NOBODY else would want to come here to do the job because we have such a small budget!!!!! Which will get even smaller next season, i know for a fact that 2 more supporters will be giving Tuesday night a miss, wouldn't be surprised Shrewsbury supporters outnumber us on Tuesday. :o
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:20 pm

I suppose I could be regarded as one of the glass half empty brigade but I think there have been clear signs in the home form that should cause serious concern about next season unless the squad is strengthened- we have looked as poor as any team in the league and show little passion and fight. Three or four of the squad are not good enough to play league football and the management team don't seem able to turn things around. I cannot believe there is no role for Ryan Williams in midfield in the current shambles we are witnessing every home game. What is the explanation for promotion form away from home and relegation form at home?
fulwoodshrimp

Postby Wild Bill » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:51 pm

That's now 9 out of 17 games at home this season that I have watched and failed to see a home goal. Totally pathetic yet again today. No excuses.

Why didn't I stay home and do some DIY? Ha ha!
Wild Bill

Postby james456 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:59 pm

Another boring, one dimensional performance.

The problem is clearly midfield. We had 4 strikers on the pitch and our tactics seem to be to hoof it up to them from the back. Jack Sampson did ok in getting hold of the ball when he came on but his touch and passing aren't good enough. Kev was ineffective and Podge was never going to have an impact playing out wide.

We badly need some wingers with pace who will take players on. Packing our formation with slow forwards pushed out wide and then pumping the ball up to them isn't attacking, it's negative.
james456

Postby bill ding » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:01 pm

You don't mind your team losing so much if they put up a good fight or even aa decent performance but there is nothing , no fight or entertainment .
As said in the other thread this is doing nothing for crowd numbers , before long we are going to be at Accy levels :(
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Re: Live Player page V Hartlepool Unitd from Globe

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:29 pm

Keith wrote:Ref is a nightmare for us. Surely, eventually, one of his cock-ups will actually go our way one day? The Newcastle defender's handball on the line is probably his worst mistake.

And he was again today Keith. Nothing short of a disgrace. Awful.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Re: Live Player page V Hartlepool Unitd from Globe

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:41 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:
Keith wrote:Ref is a nightmare for us. Surely, eventually, one of his cock-ups will actually go our way one day? The Newcastle defender's handball on the line is probably his worst mistake.

And he was again today Keith. Nothing short of a disgrace. Awful.

What I dont understand is why this ref is allowed to carry on with balls up he makes :?:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby BHmfc » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:42 pm

To be honest, a very poor first half, but I have seen worse, however the second half was a big improvement and how we did not come away with at least a draw I will never know. Sometimes we are hypercritical but if you look at the finer details I'm sure we should have had a penalty for handball and the ball should have ended up in the back of the net along with Redshaw, how did he not connect to that? Fine margins JB keeps telling us but true and yes perhaps he should have kept Mullin on instead of Amond but some supporters have been shouting out for more attack minded formations at home and that's pretty much what we got today bearing in mind that our most talented player, Devitt was out injured. Of course we need an attack minded midfielder and JB knows that, why do you think he's been looking high and low for months but one obstacle keeps rearing it's ugly head, money or lack of to be precise. We need a player in the mould of a younger Drummond but even if we find one can we afford him, anyway, keep off the managers back, he's doing ok with what he's got and see you Tuesday. PS well done to the football league for arranging another midweek fixture when the champion league is on TV and the kids are at school.
BHmfc

Postby MfcChris » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:01 pm

Who on earth wrote our match report on the OWS. We controlled, dictated and dominated the game and played well especially the first half??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

My optimism went after 25 mins and I knew we would not score from that point. How did we dominate the opening exchanges?
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby halftimeresults » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:36 pm

where do we go from here?
I feel that Jimbo is losing the fans (I'm one of them ) but he could say " I got us to Midtable which is More than what should be expected" (nobody could argue with that)
For me it's our style of play.... Hartlepool played the Morecambe way today and that was using every trick in the book and for Me that's the sad thing because we all know how it's going to end with them.
Had a good chat with Lammy today and he couldn't believe what he was seeing!
halftimeresults

Previous

Return to General Discussion