News update 6 March

News update 6 March

Postby Christies Child » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:07 pm

http://www.morecambefc.com/news/article ... 18454.aspx

Good to see that this is becoming a regular feature of the Weekly News Update.

However it would have been welcome to have read some news about how our search for new blood is progressing (or not) and especially about possible developments with the trialist of last week.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: News update 6 March

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:13 pm

I see James Gray went from Accy to The Cobblers today.

I know he is a bit of a "diver" but might have been a useful player to loan.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Kendalshrimp » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:26 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:I see James Gray went from Accy to The Cobblers today.

I know he is a bit of a "diver" but might have been a useful player to loan.

Strange one that, with the money Northampton have surely they could of got someone better than him from a club in a higher league on loan. I don't rate Gray to be honest wouldn't get in our side when everyone's fit
Kendalshrimp

Postby Freez » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:01 pm

TBF Coley isn't a bad judge of a player, and with Gornell on loan he mustn't have fancied him up front. I'd have passed too, and we have enought forwards for me.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:03 pm

Gray had agreed a loan move to Southport late last month which he himself pulled the plug on.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby ShrimpMM » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:23 pm

Amine Linganzi released by Gillingham.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31818936

Looked a very good player for this level last year while at Stanley but has struggled with injuries since joining Gillingham. Would be worth giving him the chance to prove his fitness with us until the end of the season.
ShrimpMM

Postby Christies Child » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:30 pm

ShrimpMM wrote:Amine Linganzi released by Gillingham.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31818936

Looked a very good player for this level last year while at Stanley but has struggled with injuries since joining Gillingham. Would be worth giving him the chance to prove his fitness with us until the end of the season.

Certainly has the stature that would be useful in our midfield BUT can Jimbo afford to take the gamble on a player who appears to be injury prone of late.

:?: :?: :?:

Any news updates on Jimbo's search for fresh face(s) that would go into the team straight away and not sit on the bench.... :?: :?: :?:
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:50 am

Missed out on attacking midfielder last week

http://www.thevisitor.co.uk/sport/footb ... -1-7150008
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:12 pm

Despite Jimbo's obvious frustrations at not (to date) bringing in an attacking midfielder with the potential of being the first new signing for next season, I personally feel that it is better to remain frustrated than to rush in and bring somebody in who there would be a question mark against for next season.

Jimbo has a superb record in bringing in loanees with the potential for the following season and I have complete confidence that given time he will bring in a player who will add much needed creativity and goal scoring potential to our midfield.

Better to wait for the right player.....no matter how long it takes.

:) :) :)
Christies Child

Postby Shrimpy » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:40 pm

I struggle to understand the logic of these players who are turning down this opportunity.

On the basis that they are available for loan then it's fair to assume they aren't getting games with their current club. On top of that if they are available for loan and out of contract in the Summer (I am assuming they are seeing as Jim says he would be looking to sign them after the season finishes) then it's fair to assume they aren't going to be offered a new deal by their current club.

If you were a player and found yourself in that situation why wouldn't you want to put yourself in the shop window for a couple of months? Even if they have no intention of signing for us on a permanent basis at least it should help you secure a move elsewhere if you do well.

The fact these players would rather sit on the bench at their current club and play reserve team football says to me that they aren't the right type of people we want at our football club anyway.
Shrimpy

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:22 pm

Most players are only interested in how much money they can make.... Some would even sit on bench somewhere if it meant earning more than going out playing on loan
That's just the way the game is going/gone
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:32 pm

It's often been said that location is a problem.

Maybe it's the thought of crossing the Lune and getting involved in traffic jams that has been a contributing factor. Imagine visiting the club for discussions then having to get involved in traffic hold ups both in and out of the town; it would certainly make me think as why I should have to put up with that on a regular basis.

However with the link road well on the way to resolving the problem, I wonder if the club could capitalize on it and use it to counter act any negativity to our location by potential players......

After all it would take around an hour to both Merseyside and Greater Manchester, not that far really.

:?: :?: :?:
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:33 pm

PMG has blown his trumpet for some time about the link road.... it will no doubt feature in the 3nd year of the 3 year plan
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby black morse » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:18 pm

Blackpool Shrimp wrote:Most players are only interested in how much money they can make.... Some would even sit on bench somewhere if it meant earning more than going out playing on loan
That's just the way the game is going/gone

I think many loan players are paid by their parent club when on loan just to get them some game time but maybe that doesn't apply to players who are going to be released at the end of their contract anyway.
black morse

Return to General Discussion