Removed Thread:

Removed Thread:

Postby Keith » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:53 pm

Sammy h posted in the Di Maria thread:

Sammy h wrote:Looks like that thread was deleted and the original poster was not informed of a reason for it being deleted either. Nothing surprises me anymore.

Rather than simply ask 'why' and risk getting a straight forward response, we get a nice little dig. Ho-hum.

The club asked us to remove the thread. There were three reasons for the request.

1. The video was edited in such a manner that it deliberately cut what had gone before, which allegedly included spitting at the 'Morecambe' player.
2. The video was released by Oldham without permission. It has since been removed from their web site.
3. The video was taken without permission. Due to the age of some players being under sixteen, parental consent is required to either take the video or to make it public (not 100% sure which).

Apparently, the player is not actually a Morecambe player anyway.

The FA have been informed and there is possible legal action going to arise from this.

There isn't actually a problem for Shrimpsvoices as such as the original post simply linked to the publicly available news story. Apparently the Daily Mail had responded to the club that the video was 'available' on Shrimpsvoices. Clearly it wasn't, we just linked to them.This was made clear to the club.

However, on the basis that the thread was already on 'page 2' and had only received a couple of replies, so hadn't become a 'thread of interest', we decided to remove it. I suspect that had the De Maria thread not come up when it did, no-one would even have noticed it was gone. I don't have the depth of pockets to pay for a lawyer compared to that of the Daily Mail. I *doubt* we'd have a problem, but for the sake of a 'nothing' thread, I wasn't going to risk it for linking to a video of children that was potentially illegal.

In all the years that Shrimpsvoices has been going, the club have asked us to remove threads on probably less than half a dozen occasions and we've complied about three times.

So there you go, now the conspiracy theorists know why. And they only needed to ask.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Removed Thread:

Postby George Dawes » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:37 pm

Not bothered about it being deleted, just narked that The so called moral crusaders on SVs choose to bury their heads in the sand on this topic, imagine if one of our fans did that inside the Globe arena, and then the replies that thread would get on here.

Just the same as Freeze and others coming on here after a big win giving it why is it so quiet and where's all the doom n gloom brigade?

Well where all the so called moral crusaders on this?
George Dawes

Postby Gnasher » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:19 pm

When entering a football ground you are agreeing to abide by the club's rules and you'll find there's some hefty rules around cameras. Regardless of any video or photo content, if the club ask for it to be removed, it has to be removed.

Most of the time you're allowed to get away with match photos but if the League choose to do something about it, it's their legal team you deal with.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Keith » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:38 pm

George Dawes wrote:Not bothered about it being deleted, just narked that The so called moral crusaders on SVs choose to bury their heads in the sand on this topic, imagine if one of our fans did that inside the Globe arena, and then the replies that thread would get on here.

Just the same as Freeze and others coming on here after a big win giving it why is it so quiet and where's all the doom n gloom brigade?

One of the two replies was from me. I made it very clear what I thought should happen.

I don't understand the connection you're making to Freez, who generally needs poking repeatedly with a very sharp stick before he joins in any of those types of threads. I don't think he needs to explain himself for being a positive person rather than a negative one.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby morecambegeek » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:02 pm

George Dawes wrote:Not bothered about it being deleted, just narked that The so called moral crusaders on SVs choose to bury their heads in the sand on this topic, imagine if one of our fans did that inside the Globe arena, and then the replies that thread would get on here.

Assuming you're referring to the horrible ched Evans thread, the difference here probably is that we had nobody attempting to defend some indefensible actions.
morecambegeek

Postby George Dawes » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:37 pm

:roll: Ah well assuming, never entered my head. Psychoanalysis eh?

there as been many threads on here, calling for people to be banned, saying we don't want aggressive behaviour at our family club on threads what have been 3 pages long, and it just questions their true integrity.

That's all.
George Dawes

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:56 pm

this subject really does not warrant discussion until the facts are available,so removing it was for the best in my opinion,its obviously not nice for anyone concerned.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby morecambegeek » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:55 am

George Dawes wrote::roll: Ah well assuming, never entered my head. Psychoanalysis eh?

there as been many threads on here, calling for people to be banned, saying we don't want aggressive behaviour at our family club on threads what have been 3 pages long, and it just questions their true integrity.

That's all.

No psychoanalysis, just a response to your incoherent rambling.

If you want to use that thread to assume that anyone who didn't post on it thinks violence is acceptable, you're pretty dumb.
morecambegeek

Postby Keith » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:12 am

And on that note, the this nazi moderator will cut off from planning with NASA to fake a Mars landing, to say this has run its course.

Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion