2009/10

2009/10

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:27 am

At this point in 2009/10, we had 49 points, then went and won 8 out of the next 11 to finish 4th. We were about to beat Hereford to get above 50 points for the season and we'd declared ourselves safe. With the victory over Luton we currently have 48 points, and barring the last 3 games, a pretty reasonable run.

Hartlepool (h)
Shrewsbury (h)
Carlisle (a)
Exeter (a)
Accrington (h)
Bury (a)
Portsmouth (h)
York (a)
(I prefer not to think about the run in)

Out of those only Bury are above us in the table who we have to play away from home.

Momentum is everything in football at this time of year, win 5 out of the next 6 through the Easter break, and perhaps Westgate can see its very first playoff fixture...........
SupermarketShrimp

Re: 2009/10

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:31 am

No easy games in this league ....

Oxford winning at Bury on Saturday for example
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Alan » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:20 am

goneshrimping wrote:
Hartlepool (h)
Shrewsbury (h)
Carlisle (a)
Exeter (a)
Accrington (h)
Bury (a)
Portsmouth (h)
York (a)

As we are in 12th position , as far as I can work out, our record against teams below us so far is...

P 17 W 5 D 5 L 7 Pts 20 (1.18 pt per game)

Against teams above us....

P 18 W 8 D 4 L 6 Pts 28 (1.55 pt per game)

Working on this average we can reasonably expect another 14-15 pts.

Looking at these stats I would say that the fixtures listed above were harder than the last three not listed. :lol:

Also 3 of the 5 wins against teams below us were in the first four matches in August...which means we have only beaten teams below us twice in 6 months. ( Hartlepool (a) and Mansfield (h) )
Alan

Postby Ntini » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:50 pm

Alan wrote:
goneshrimping wrote:
Hartlepool (h)
Shrewsbury (h)
Carlisle (a)
Exeter (a)
Accrington (h)
Bury (a)
Portsmouth (h)
York (a)

As we are in 12th position , as far as I can work out, our record against teams below us so far is...

Looking at these stats I would say that the fixtures listed above were harder than the last three not listed. :lol:

Also 3 of the 5 wins against teams below us were in the first four matches in August...which means we have only beaten teams below us twice in 6 months. ( Hartlepool (a) and Mansfield (h) )

I didn't have those stats on teams above us/below us (so thank you!), but given our recent performances against said teams and our form at the moment, I reckon we would walk away with 14 points, leaving us with a healthy final tally of 62.

Unfortunately I don't think that will be enough for a play-off place. In the last 6 years it's ranged between 68 and 72, averaging just above 70 points for 7th place.

That said, confidence is everything. One game (Luton?) can give you the confidence you need to go on a run, but then it only takes one game (Accrington???) to take it whip it away so viciously!
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby black morse » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:36 pm

Ntini wrote:
Alan wrote:
goneshrimping wrote:
Hartlepool (h)
Shrewsbury (h)
Carlisle (a)
Exeter (a)
Accrington (h)
Bury (a)
Portsmouth (h)
York (a)

I didn't have those stats on teams above us/below us (so thank you!), but given our recent performances against said teams and our form at the moment, I reckon we would walk away with 14 points, leaving us with a healthy final tally of 62.

Unfortunately I don't think that will be enough for a play-off place. In the last 6 years it's ranged between 68 and 72, averaging just above 70 points for 7th place.

That said, confidence is everything. One game (Luton?) can give you the confidence you need to go on a run, but then it only takes one game (Accrington???) to take it whip it away so viciously!

Not this year. We are going to beat Accy this year!
black morse

Return to General Discussion