Embarrassing

Re: Embarrassing

Postby underbank » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:21 pm

Heysham Shrimp 51 wrote:As Morecambe Jack says absolute shite!!But can I mention his your shite comment to Arestidou.I and others heard this and from a captain this is a disgrace,the lad needs encouragement,not a scouse gobshite giving him loads for every mistake he makes.Prior to the goal he came for a cross should have shouted didn't and Hughes gave him a gobfull.He looked nervous as hell after that and as most would agree he aint Scott Davies but we had our chance there but Andreas is all we have and he or no other player needs that off the so called skipper

Yep, there were similar complaints about Hughes' criticism of Ryan Williams just over a year ago. Rumour had it that Ryan had a confidence crisis and barely figured in 2014. I hope that Hughes leaves at the end of his contract this Summer. He may be half decent defender, but he's a hopeless captain.
underbank

Postby KenH » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:50 pm

trojan wrote:Todays game reinforced what I've felt this season about Morecambe's performances at home. That was a total embarrassment from all involved and wasn't the first neither. There is no entertainment value and that is the reason why crowds are dwindling year on year. This season I have seen P.N.E. 10 times, Barrow 6 times ,Bamber Bridge once, Kendal twice and MORECAMBE 7 times. I travel to all these places rather than the Globe because I get entertained . I have been a season ticket holder for many years but I think that will be changing in the future.

Same here. Yesterday, decision made. I won't be renewing our season tickets this Summer. We were in block C, so that's over £500 the club will lose each year from us. Poor to not get through our first cup rounds. We played better in Autumn 13 with a smaller squad and youth players involved. Remember the Wolves and Newcastle games when the youngsters put in a cracking performance and there was an air of excitement about the place? What's gone wrong? To move forward, they don't need more money, they need a clear out.
KenH

Postby MfcChris » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:58 pm

Nothing has gone wrong. We haven't moved forward or backwards. We are and always will be a low bottom half of table side with Jim. We were blessed to have a proven manager like Sammy but can we afford one again?!

The only decent thing this season is our solid defence with 11 clean sheets. That does not win you games though.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Christies Child » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:00 pm

MfcChris wrote:Nothing has gone wrong. We haven't moved forward or backwards. We are and always will be a low bottom half of table side with Jim. We were blessed to have a proven manager like Sammy but can we afford one again?!

The only decent thing this season is our solid defence with 11 clean sheets. That does not win you games though.

So playing Devil's Advocate who would fellow SVers want to replace the current Management team... :shock:

I'll start the debate by putting forward Stewart Drummond as Manager with a certain Jimmy Harvey :o as his Assistant and Club Coach with responsibility for all areas of coaching throughout the club. Controversial most certainly and would probably never happen but can't think of anybody better with connections to our club for a First Year Manager to learn from even if it was only on an initial 12 month contract for JH.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Keith » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:17 pm

FFS! I dispare sometimes.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Wild Bill » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:19 pm

Stick with Jim but he perhaps he needs a Big Sam style ultimatum in the summer to entertain as well as get results. As Posh says we are almost safe now, so time to pay with freedom and flair and play some football.
Wild Bill

Postby BoroRedShrimp » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:23 pm

Christies Child wrote:
MfcChris wrote:Nothing has gone wrong. We haven't moved forward or backwards. We are and always will be a low bottom half of table side with Jim. We were blessed to have a proven manager like Sammy but can we afford one again?!

So playing Devil's Advocate who would fellow SVers want to replace the current Management team... :shock:

I'll start the debate by putting forward Stewart Drummond as Manager with a certain Jimmy Harvey :o as his Assistant and Club Coach with responsibility for all areas of coaching throughout the club. Controversial most certainly and would probably never happen but can't think of anybody better with connections to our club for a First Year Manager to learn from even if it was only on an initial 12 month contract for JH.

Bit disrespectful talking about new management when Jim is still with us. I certainly don't think Stewart Drummond would provide anything more than what Jim does now & Jimmy Harvey is the past. We need to move on as a club & not look at ex managers. If I was looking at a previous players perhaps someone like Ian Cain, but really I do feel it is disrespectful talking about alternatives when Jim is still in position. It is down to the Board to decide, when Jim's time is up.
Profile picture; James Stannage.
BoroRedShrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:01 pm

Wild Bill wrote:Stick with Jim but he perhaps he needs a Big Sam style ultimatum in the summer to entertain as well as get results. As Posh says we are almost safe now, so time to pay with freedom and flair and play some football.

I have been saying this for quite a while now.

WHAT happens when we go under 1000 for a midweek game and 1200 Home fans for a Saturday. Even if we are midtable the finances will be taking a hammering.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:22 pm

sorry CC, you are not playing devils advocate at all,you are,as usual,shit stirring and back stabbing the manager,he probably welcomes it though,because usually a bad word from you usually galvanises support for the manager.

this post is about saturdays performance,but as usual,you turn it into your divisive campaign to bring in a new boss,give it a rest,we dont need a new boss,we need new fans,if we are to progress,saturday was shite,but more times than not, dull games are keping us in the football league.

I personally think a change of 5 or 6 players at the end of the season is due.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Lloydie » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:31 pm

Was Ken McKenna a striker in his playing days?
Lloydie

Postby Shrimpy » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:19 am

Lloydie wrote:Was Ken McKenna a striker in his playing days?

Yes he was, quite a prolific one for the level he played at too I think.
Shrimpy

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:28 am

Shrimpy wrote:
Lloydie wrote:Was Ken McKenna a striker in his playing days?

Yes he was, quite a prolific one for the level he played at too I think.

He was top scorer in the Welsh Premier League for Conwy, scoring 38 goals in 35 games..89 from 98 in total..
Our top scorer gets about 10 in 35 games
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Sammy the shrimp » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:17 pm

Calling for Jims head is bad. I don't know what our fans expect, we have a small budget and not a great attendances. What do you all expect Jim to achieve? I think he is doing well under the circumstances!!!
Also I see a lot of fans upset with players week in week out and rightly so.....but how do you think players feel with each other? ie Hughes having a go at Stav? It must be frustrating for them and hard not to have a go. To me it shows passion to want to win! If Hughes didn't have a go, he would look like he was not bothered. These players are grown men and should be able to take a bit of stick!!!!
I thing we need to stop as fans being so negative, look at what we have (over achieved) already and SUPPORT our team and players!!
Sammy the shrimp

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:27 pm

Ken as a decent scoring record for Conwy .... But in a SHIT league
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:29 pm

Sammy the shrimp wrote:Calling for Jims head is bad. I don't know what our fans expect, we have a small budget and not a great attendances. What do you all expect Jim to achieve? I think he is doing well under the circumstances!!!
Also I see a lot of fans upset with players week in week out and rightly so.....but how do you think players feel with each other? ie Hughes having a go at Stav? It must be frustrating for them and hard not to have a go. To me it shows passion to want to win! If Hughes didn't have a go, he would look like he was not bothered. These players are grown men and should be able to take a bit of stick!!!!
I thing we need to stop as fans being so negative, look at what we have (over achieved) already and SUPPORT our team and players!!

We all pay to watch our team (and some of us will always do so whatever league we are in)) but surely in return we have a right to expect even a small amount of entertainment. I'm very concerned about the on-going decline in attendance figures at home which in my opinion ( which I accept doesn't go down well with other fans) is the result of our style of play which is too negative at home and is the single reason why our gates continue to fall. Fans complain about the cost, but I'd like to bet that if we played attacking football and provided entertainment the complaints about cost would be reduced significantly.

I simply don't buy into the warn out excuse that it's down to budgets. As many have pointed out we played a more exciting and enjoyable to the eye brand of football when the wage bill was significantly lower thanks in part to younger players who had a desire to improve themselves and used MFC as a vehicle to move onto bigger clubs.
Christies Child

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:40 pm

Fall in attendences is nothing to do with style of play or budgets etc ...Its simply down to football been too EXPENSIVE

Football as become a luxury and not a priority
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:54 pm

Blackpool Shrimp wrote:Fall in attendences is nothing to do with style of play or budgets etc ...Its simply down to football been too EXPENSIVE

Supporters will pay IF they feel that they are getting value for money.....fans will also put up with the odd blip at home if they can see that their team is putting in 110% effort.
Christies Child

Postby Sammy the shrimp » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:55 pm

Blackpool Shrimp wrote:Fall in attendences is nothing to do with style of play or budgets etc ...Its simply down to football been too EXPENSIVE

Home fans need to get behind the team. The atmosphere at home games, even when winning is quiet and non existent. Its proven that travelling fans are more vocal & die hard! Maybe that's why we do well away from home!
Sammy the shrimp

Postby underbank » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:01 pm

Can't accept that at all. The people I know who've stopped coming or only come once are people who aren't short of a bob or two, including a headmaster, accountants, solicitors, local business owners and financial advisers. £20 to them is nothing. I know they're going to other matches occasionally, including Preston and Bolton who are more expensive with travel costs etc. My cousin came down religiously for five years but has now stopped and he goes to Kendal instead, which costs more when you factor in the fuel. It's a lazy argument that it's all down to money - true, some people will have stopped because they can't afford it, but it's very blinkered to say that it's the only reason for everyone.
underbank

Postby Christies Child » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:35 pm

underbank wrote:

Can't accept that at all. The people I know who've stopped coming or only come once are people who aren't short of a bob or two, including a headmaster, accountants, solicitors, local business owners and financial advisers. £20 to them is nothing. I know they're going to other matches occasionally, including Preston and Bolton who are more expensive with travel costs etc. My cousin came down religiously for five years but has now stopped and he goes to Kendal instead, which costs more when you factor in the fuel. It's a lazy argument that it's all down to money - true, some people will have stopped because they can't afford it, but it's very blinkered to say that it's the only reason for everyone.

I'm probably the last person you want to agree with you...but you've got it 100% right.

It's like anything in business....if the product is right people will buy into it.
Christies Child

Postby Shrimpy » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:38 pm

People want to see winning football, not entertaining football.
Shrimpy

Postby underbank » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:06 pm

Shrimpy wrote:People want to see winning football, not entertaining football.

But if we can't win, then at least we should try to entertain.:D

But anyway, virtually every club in the lower half of every league will be losing more than they win, yet still retain supporter numbers.

Whether win or lose, there's a feel good factor about scoring a goal or two, better still if it's at your home end in front of your home supporters.
underbank

Postby morecambegeek » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:50 pm

Shrimpy wrote:People want to see winning football, not entertaining football.

A moot point given that at the moment they're getting neither.
morecambegeek

Postby Shrimpy » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:58 pm

underbank wrote:But if we can't win, then at least we should try to entertain.:D

For arguments sake, let's say that we played "entertaining" football all season yet we achieved exactly the same results as we have done. How much of an increase on the gates do you think that would result in?

underbank wrote:But anyway, virtually every club in the lower half of every league will be losing more than they win, yet still retain supporter numbers.

What proof have you got of this?

For example, our average attendance this season is almost identical to what we had the past 2 seasons despite an increase of £2 per ticket across the board.

Accringtons is down 200 last years average.
Cheltenhams is down 200 from last years and 500 down from the season before that.
Mansfields is down 300 from last years average.

I can't find any evidence to suggest that we are losing supporters in droves in stark contrast to the rest of the lower mid table League 2 clubs.
Shrimpy

Postby lancaster shrimp » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:41 pm

Regardless of the football been played, how much do others think attendences is down to The Globe itself?
lancaster shrimp

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion