A MESSAGE ----

Re: A MESSAGE ----

Postby Keith » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:03 pm

What I'm assuming/hoping is that Jim is building from the rear, so we can keep clean sheets, then work on midfield & attack to score goals within a system.

But even if that's not the case, suggesting a new manager at the moment is crazy in my opinion. If we were relegated while playing entertaining football, would that be preferable?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby underbank » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:08 pm

Keith wrote:What I'm assuming/hoping is that Jim is building from the rear, so we can keep clean sheets, then work on midfield & attack to score goals within a system.

But even if that's not the case, suggesting a new manager at the moment is crazy in my opinion. If we were relegated while playing entertaining football, would that be preferable?

It's chicken and egg though isn't it? Without entertainment, the crowds will fall and we'll have no money to improve the squad so relegation will eventually be inevitable anyway. The only hope for long term in L2 is improved entertainment to slowly uplift the attendances (or at least stop the slide) alongside a half decent squad to keep us mid table year on year. It's not one or the other, we need both to survive in L2.
underbank

Postby Shrimpy » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:09 pm

underbank wrote:
Keith wrote:What I'm assuming/hoping is that Jim is building from the rear, so we can keep clean sheets, then work on midfield & attack to score goals within a system.

It's chicken and egg though isn't it? Without entertainment, the crowds will fall and we'll have no money to improve the squad so relegation will eventually be inevitable anyway. The only hope for long term in L2 is improved entertainment to slowly uplift the attendances (or at least stop the slide) alongside a half decent squad to keep us mid table year on year. It's not one or the other, we need both to survive in L2.

As ever when this argument surfaces I think you are placing way too much emphasis on the correlation between "entertaining" football and crowd size.
Shrimpy

Postby Christies Child » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:14 pm

Let me get this assumption that I want Jimbo out....put to bed once and for all :evil: :evil: :evil:

All I was asking was that IF and I stress IF Jimbo was to leave our club who would be a suitable person to take over. Asking such a question should not and most certainly does not imply (despite what some choose to believe) that I want Jim out.

If you choose to think or believe otherwise then that is up to you and no amount of me saying otherwise will change your point of view.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby BHmfc » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:27 pm

I fully understand and respect what people are saying about our home form but the reality of the situation is that the club is skint, how many times has JB tried to bring in new players but they have ended up else where because we can not afford their transfer fee/wages. No disrespect to our first team squad, but how many would command a transfer fee or how many would actually be wanted by other league clubs. JB is doing an ok job with the resources at his disposal, so let's not get carried away with talk about changing managers/coaching staff and bringing in a shed load of players because it is not going to happen. The reality is that we are a small club, with no support and no money yet we are still in the football league and long may that continue.
BHmfc

Postby SolentShrimp » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:02 pm

A few years ago social media was a pipe-dream, but now it's an obsession.
Minds need to be concentrated on match days.
Ban all players and anyone associated with the team from using social media on match days.
We all have Human Rights, but they come with Human Responsibilities. Ignore the latter and you risk losing the rights to the former.

People who campaign for equality and freedom of speech amaze me. Disagree with them, and you'll be shouted down.
SolentShrimp

Postby morecambegeek » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:49 pm

Do our players only use twitter once the first two months of the season have passed?
morecambegeek

Postby Sammy the shrimp » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:30 pm

BHmfc wrote:I fully understand and respect what people are saying about our home form but the reality of the situation is that the club is skint, how many times has JB tried to bring in new players but they have ended up else where because we can not afford their transfer fee/wages. No disrespect to our first team squad, but how many would command a transfer fee or how many would actually be wanted by other league clubs. JB is doing an ok job with the resources at his disposal, so let's not get carried away with talk about changing managers/coaching staff and bringing in a shed load of players because it is not going to happen. The reality is that we are a small club, with no support and no money yet we are still in the football league and long may that continue.

Best comment I've read on here for a while. Someone talking sense!!
Sammy the shrimp

Postby halftimeresults » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:01 pm

Speaking to a guy that I work with who could be classed as a floater..( been 9 times this season)
Said today " fair play to Bentley for achieving league status again but don't enjoy that style of football so gonna save his money!
halftimeresults

Postby mfcbro » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:27 pm

Went to newport last week.hard working performance by all 11 players.It has been suggested that because players were fit jim should have changed the team.How could he have left anybody out that played last week ?Hindsight is a wonderful thing.We are what we are the sooner fans get it into there head that we are skint the better,We were the only team in league 2 possibly the whole football league that didnt bring anybody in the transfer window.Its common knowledge that now we cant afford the players meals after training.What sort of precidence does that set ? Let alone bring in anybody.Whos gonna come to morecambe if they have to bring a packed lunch.Get real cut some slack and follow the shrimps.Wycombe got boo d off after losing to newport and they were 2nd in the league whats that all about.Keep the faith we are doing well with what we have.Rant over
mfcbro

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:34 pm

mfcbro wrote:Its common knowledge that now we cant afford the players meals after training

Really ?? Not heard that one......
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:16 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:
mfcbro wrote:Its common knowledge that now we cant afford the players meals after training

Yep, I heard a longer version and couldn't believe what I was hearing :?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby George Dawes » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:20 am

:roll: i have to take a pack launch to work, aswell as a lot of school kids nowadays.
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:39 am

marky No.1 wrote:
Seasider9601 wrote:

Yep, I heard a longer version and couldn't believe what I was hearing :?

Penny pinching at the extreme.....assuming that it's true :roll: :roll: :roll:

What sort of message does that send out to the players... :?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby morecambegeek » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:09 am

Says the man who wanted us to provide bottled water for training sessions.
morecambegeek

Postby New_Ground_Watcher » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:53 pm

George Dawes wrote::roll: i have to take a pack launch to work, aswell as a lot of school kids nowadays.

Why do you take schoolkids to work?
New_Ground_Watcher

Previous

Return to General Discussion