Embarrassing

Embarrassing

Postby Kendalshrimp » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:07 pm

Worst performance of the season ! No battle in the midfield, 2nd to every ball an looked clueless every time we got into their half. I don't know who's out of contract this summer but on what I've seen this season a massive clear out is needed this summer. Absolute shambles !
Kendalshrimp

Re: Embarrassing

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:54 pm

Absolute shower of shite.

There is no plan A never mind a plan B. As usual we come out and play like a pub team first half and it is truly awful to watch. Pathetic goal conceded today that should have been easily collected by any half decent goalkeeper. As our captain correctly pointed out to Stav "you're f*cking shite". Play the new kid, he can't be any worse.

Second half we showed about 5 mins of promise with Ryan Williams having a very decent effort before being hauled off. The rest of the second half was equally as poor as the first. Utter garbage and not worth a quid to watch never mind £18 or whatever they are charging these days.

The midfield is non existent as we have all being saying for months. They ran straight through it and we had to lump balls straight up to Redshaw because none of the midfield can pass a ball. Special mention to Alex Kenyon who has mastered the skill of jogging around the field avoiding actually getting involved in the play.

But at least its only a fine dividing line we are falling short of at home with these atrocious performances.
Morecambe Jack

Postby Freez » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:01 pm

A cross bouncing across face of goal in the box should be dealt with by defenders. Look again at the goal and you will see Edwards isn't even looking at the ball but concentrating on wrestling with his forward. He should and could have dealt with it! Not much Stav could do about It.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:27 pm

A spiritless, pathetic performance today against an average side who conceded 6 goals at home last Saturday. Too many players imo seemed disinterested and the team lacked shape and organisation and certainly lacked passion. After performances like this, it becomes puzzling what happens at training. We don't seem particularly fit and our set pieces are often shambolic and the team has no real shape. I also still think several of the side are not good enough to play league football. No doubt the manager will trot out phrases about the lack of funds but a related question is how has he used the funds and how is he motivating the players? I understand several of the squad are on very good money. What tactics are being deployed other than square passes and lumping the ball forward? A top half position at the end of the season is going to elude us once more.
fulwoodshrimp

Postby parkyboy » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:43 pm

on main site Jim made a statement yesterday that he had a fit squad so selection was going to be a headache ,well he has an even bigger one now because he willl have a migrain after the way they played today and even though i wasnt at the match i listened to player and it was plain to commentators and listeners alike that the team were not playing well and subs should have been used earlier than what they were.One of the main culprits was Ellison who did not put a foot right all game and should at the very least have gone off at half time . Havingsaid all that we play better away from home so maybe we can come away fro Oxford with a point at least .
parkyboy

Postby Loglayer » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:27 pm

EMBARRASSING is exactly why I have missed the last few games , I too have listened in via player. I honestly believe we should be challenging for a playoff place irrespective of the money we have,
Loglayer

Postby MfcChris » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:04 pm

What have we achieved or progress made on the pitch since finishing 4th 5 years ago?

NONE.

We will never finish in the top half again.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby trojan » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:41 pm

Todays game reinforced what I've felt this season about Morecambe's performances at home. That was a total embarrassment from all involved and wasn't the first neither. There is no entertainment value and that is the reason why crowds are dwindling year on year. This season I have seen P.N.E. 10 times, Barrow 6 times ,Bamber Bridge once, Kendal twice and MORECAMBE 7 times. I travel to all these places rather than the Globe because I get entertained . I have been a season ticket holder for many years but I think that will be changing in the future.
trojan

Postby openreach1 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:56 pm

I agree absolutely shocking performance today ,being in sight of a play off position you would have thought that this would in spire the whole team to go out every game and at least try and reach the play offs but after the last 3 or 4 games the passion has gone ,where are the good old hard tackles gone, we just let all teams make ground into our goal area then it's to late and everyone is scared to tackle in case they give a penalty, they should be closed down well before ,yet again we made a bad team look good ,another thing is we have a good keeper but can anyone hear him shout ,he should bebelowing at his back 4 can't hear a thing,
openreach1

Postby halftimeresults » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:09 pm

Not gonna comment on the game because last time I said something negative about our team, I got the "if you don't like it , don't come!"
but what I will say is the whole club needs a shake up because it's becoming a stale place
halftimeresults

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:07 pm

Totally agree with half time results
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Caged Lion » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:00 am

I feel that Jim and the club have let me down. After McGuigan promised so much pre season we have been left high and dry with little delivered. Tongue in cheek :o we do have numerous folk in the catering cupboard at the back of the stand, but that is a pointless improvement because the crowds justifiably will dwindle, so yesterday that were all standing around with nothing to do just before kick off.

My son came along yesterday, I was embarrassed to take him to yet another game devoid of football worthy of the Football League. He deserves something better for all the money it cost him to attend

We will not be renewing our season tickets, it is a commitment I am not prepared to waste my time on.

I have no answers, I am not a professional footballer, but I have been a club supporter for many years and I will continue to attend games, but cherry pick ones where the away club will bring sufficient fans to feel that I am attending a professional football game. There is very little about my club that is professional.

Finally :( :( :( it's time for Jim to go. He isn't able to take us higher and persists in selecting players like Alex Kenyon who barely touched the ball once again all game. God bless Jim, he is a wonderful man, but I need a change of management to feel even a shred of optimism going into the future.

The Board clearly don't see the football team as worth putting more money into. I only attend to be entertained. The Lancaster girls were the only thing that I enjoyed yesterday
Caged Lion

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:02 am

Every season under Jim has been similar.

A great start followed by months and months of awful results and awful football ending up with a lower mid-table finish.

Do we need 3 centre backs at home ?

Why not try and loan Tom Barkhuizen again to give us some pace and width to get behind defences and put crosses in. He doesn't seem to figure in Lee Clark's plans.

The last 2 home matches , Dagenham and Cambridge were against probably the worst 2 teams in league 2 and should have been 6 points.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby underbank » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:15 am

Caged Lion wrote:The Board clearly don't see the football team as worth putting more money into. I only attend to be entertained. The Lancaster girls were the only thing that I enjoyed yesterday

Agreed, but why were they doing their stuff in front of the C block at half time, when the C block is empty with virtually everyone in the W&L. Must be demotivating for the girls to perform looking at empty seats with few people to applaud. Would have been far better having them in front of the Home stand where the Shrimpettes are for both the girls and the crowd.
underbank

Postby Posh » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:19 am

We're at a point in the season with 13 games left (?) that we need 6 points for absolute safety and 3 or 4 would probably be enough. Consequently the opportunity is there to be break out of this sterile football and really go all out for wins. Instead we laboured under a team formation and instructions bound to stifle the game. Let's stick out our best attacking team and go all out for a win. Please.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Naylz » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:43 am

Looking at the starting XI yesterday. You could have called it a back 7.

5 defenders and two defensive midfielders in Kenyon and goodall. Some would call that parking the bus. AT HOME !?!

The team was set up far too defensively.

Jim is a motivator but he needs to benefit from someone who he can work with who has some tactical knowledge.
Naylz

Postby Keith » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:14 am

While not defending the dearth of football at home, lets keep a sense of proportion here. The target given to Jim each season is to finish outside the relegation places. That's something he's achieving. Every year we are the bookmakers favourites for relegation and every year we confound them.

I'm not saying that we stay as we are and I understand that for many people, we've become a team "best watched on teletext" but there are an awful lot of bigger clubs below us who'd swap places right now.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Seasider9601 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:15 am

There was absolutely no urgency or attacking threat or pace yesterday.

When we did venture forward, it was laboured.

It infuriates the hell out of me and those around me this seemingly constant going sideways and ultimately, backwards.

Not good to watch it pains me to say.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby underbank » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:19 am

Keith wrote:The target given to Jim each season is to finish outside the relegation places.

If that's the only target then clearly the board have got it wrong. You can't run any organisation on only one target! Ever dwindling crowds will eventually make that target impossible as the money will fall year on year. Seems a classic flaw of short-termism. Football is entertainment, otherwise there'll be no crowds and no income. If it fails to entertain then the club has failed as a whole, and that's where we are now.
underbank

Postby Kendalshrimp » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:00 pm

We have no pace in the team what so ever. Unless jim injects something new an a lot of it this summer then I wouldn't want to see another season of this under him.

Stav
Wilson
Kenyon
Goodall
Sampson
Amond
Wright

This lot need to be gone if there out of contract this summer !
Kendalshrimp

Postby parkyboy » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:16 pm

surely there must be more than 59 people ( 19 on here 40 on player thread ) that are totally disgusted with yesterdays performance and previous home games ,so come on everybody show your true feelings
parkyboy

Postby lancaster shrimp » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:24 pm

Having missed the Dagenham game, I have just counted and if my maths serve me correctly. I have only seen us score 5 times (the last been Luton) in front of the Omega. (No doubt some statto will correct me) It's like Jim has some rule where Ellison is the first man on the team sheet and can't sub him. That was our worst performance since moving to the Globe and the amount of times we tried doing the same thing (lumping it forward only for their centre backs to head away) clear out needed in Midfield in the summer. Kenyon for starters who I liked last year. Pains me to say but think Williams will be off too.
lancaster shrimp

Postby Loglayer » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:51 pm

This season has been yet another let down in my opinion, changes needed next season and a change of target from the board entertaining football and a playoff position.
Loglayer

Postby Christies Child » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:16 pm

Loglayer wrote:This season has been yet another let down in my opinion, changes needed next season and a change of target from the board entertaining football and a playoff position.

I'd settle for entertaining football (which could result in more revenue through the turn styles) with a play off place as a bonus.... :)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Heysham Shrimp 51 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:06 pm

As Morecambe Jack says absolute shite!!But can I mention his your shite comment to Arestidou.I and others heard this and from a captain this is a disgrace,the lad needs encouragement,not a scouse gobshite giving him loads for every mistake he makes.Prior to the goal he came for a cross should have shouted didn't and Hughes gave him a gobfull.He looked nervous as hell after that and as most would agree he aint Scott Davies but we had our chance there but Andreas is all we have and he or no other player needs that off the so called skipper
Heysham Shrimp 51

Next

Return to General Discussion