Shrimps sign new keeper

Shrimps sign new keeper

Postby Shrimps Trust » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:44 pm

#Stronger Together

http://shrimpstrust.co.uk/
Shrimps Trust

Re: Shrimps sign new keeper

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:57 pm

What can we read into this bearing in mind Big Baz is contracted for next season and is already doing light training ?
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:16 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:What can we read into this bearing in mind Big Baz is contracted for next season and is already doing light training ?

Nothing, Stav remains No.1 till end of season and we give a youngster the chance to dip his toe in the water and prove himself, good luck to the lad.

Don't think we would have done this if we were 10 points down the table
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:29 am

Makes the guy feel even more part of our club and will do his confidence and desire to be a winner long term the world of good. So a very good move on the part of our club BUT also confirms to other youngsters that if they show potential that they will get their reward.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:59 pm

I think he has been signed on to be number 2 to Barry next season.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:31 pm

I just wonder if Baz will be allowed to leave at the end of the season to free up funds to sign a couple of players, leaving the new keeper and Stav to contest the number one spot?
fulwoodshrimp

Postby George Dawes » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:37 pm

Christies Child wrote:Makes the guy feel even more part of our club and will do his confidence and desire to be a winner long term the world of good. So a very good move on the part of our club BUT also confirms to other youngsters that if they show potential that they will get their reward.

Can the same be said about Ryan Williams?
George Dawes

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:31 pm

fulwoodshrimp wrote:I just wonder if Baz will be allowed to leave at the end of the season to free up funds to sign a couple of players, leaving the new keeper and Stav to contest the number one spot?

I hope not. The last couple of home games for me have shown how much we are missing Barry and his marshalling of the back 4/5.
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Keith » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:55 pm

fulwoodshrimp wrote:I just wonder if Baz will be allowed to leave at the end of the season to free up funds to sign a couple of players, leaving the new keeper and Stav to contest the number one spot?

We'd have to pay Barry's contract up, why would we do that?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby fulwoodshrimp » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:34 am

Presumably if another club enquired about him he would be released without us paying up his contract.
fulwoodshrimp

Postby underbank » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:50 am

No, we need Baz back as No 1 as soon as possible. Great shame that we couldn't have kept Scott for another month or two as Stav isn't anywhere near the same level as Scott and Baz. Stav's been waiting for his chance to shine and, sad to say, isn't really impressing. If the new lad is competent, probably best to have him as the no 25 and let Stav go. I just can't see Stav taking over Barry's position when he finally leaves or retires. The new lad will be cheaper than Stav, so will help the budget.
underbank

Return to General Discussion