Preseason match programme

Preseason match programme

Postby Shrimpsscene » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:58 pm

just a quick note to say there will be a preseason programme for sale a 24 page programme to cover all 4 home matches priced 2 quid
Shrimpsscene

Re: Preseason match programme

Postby slackAlice » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:13 pm

Shrimpsscene wrote:just a quick note to say there will be a preseason programme for sale a 24 page programme to cover all 4 home matches priced 2 quid

That sounds very reasonable and will kick start this seasons collection.
slackAlice

Postby Shrimpsscene » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:40 pm

one for young mr lamb eh barry!!!!
if young man wants to write a piece for the new season get in touch mate!!!
still got some stuff for you
cheers sean
Shrimpsscene

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:57 am

slackAlice wrote:
Shrimpsscene wrote:just a quick note to say there will be a preseason programme for sale a 24 page programme to cover all 4 home matches priced 2 quid

Hope ya got the Barrow one last night :roll: only £1 :o
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:01 am

looking forward to picking up some more programs again running out of space to put them all
heysham_mfc

Postby Shrimpsscene » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:26 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
slackAlice wrote:

i did thanks glad you did too!!!
just working on ours and then off to burscough later
Shrimpsscene

Postby slackAlice » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:09 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
slackAlice wrote:

Got 'one' , though its hardly worthy of the name ! and I got the team sheet 20p so the collection begins NOW. However I ain't going to be at Burscough and I'm already getting thet 'panicky feeling' .... I've missed one .....I've missed one ... So if your going and they have a 4 page 'pamphlet' [correct shrimper] pretending its a football programme ... pick one up for poor old slackAlice - he will pay you double the face value. :) :D
slackAlice

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:20 pm

Cant see there being a programme tonight?

Our "friendly" programme works out at 50p/game rather than the £1 for Barrow ;)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby slackAlice » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:24 pm

probably not - just team sheets ..... but one of them will do !
slackAlice

Postby Shrimpsscene » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:50 pm

will pick one up for you barry
Shrimpsscene

Postby slackAlice » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:22 pm

Shrimpsscene wrote:will pick one up for you barry

Thanks a lot Sean.
slackAlice

Postby MikeB » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:40 am

Sad to say the we totally underestimated the print run at Exeter last night for the visit of Portsmouth in a pre-season friendly. All 1,000 8-page copies were sold out before kick off, as the attendance reached 5,359!! Don't think we will have that same problem for the visit of Millwall on 2nd August!

I can understand the disappointment - as above - of some collectors who miss out on a programme.
MikeB

Postby slackAlice » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:59 pm

MikeB wrote:Sad to say the we totally underestimated the print run at Exeter last night for the visit of Portsmouth in a pre-season friendly. All 1,000 8-page copies were sold out before kick off, as the attendance reached 5,359!! Don't think we will have that same problem for the visit of Millwall on 2nd August!

I can understand the disappointment - as above - of some collectors who miss out on a programme.

Thats an excellent turnout for a friendly ! Them programmes will be quite a rarity in years to come and well worth hanging on to if you managed to get one.
slackAlice

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:48 am

http://www.morecambefc.premiumtv.co.uk/ ... 83,00.html

news on the preseason match programme on the official site

thanks sean
Shrimpsscene

Postby Shrimpsscene » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:22 pm

just a quick reminder
tomorrow nights match programme is the same one for all four games
top value at £2
http://www.morecambefc.premiumtv.co.uk/ ... 83,00.html

anyone wanting to get in touch in helping with next seasons programme

http://www.morecambefc.premiumtv.co.uk/ ... 54,00.html

drop me an email at
seanoconnor@morecambefc.com

thanks sean
Shrimpsscene

Postby Shrimpsscene » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:28 pm

Just a quick reminder that the preseason match programme is on sale this saturday for the match v Carlisle United priced £2

The full colour match programme Sjhrimps Scene returns on Saturday 16th August with a regular 68 page edition for the season priced £3

Anyone wishing to get in touch to help or contribute in any way then please pm me email me at seanoconnor@morecambefc.com or 07894 968153

more on this next week
Shrimpsscene

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:16 pm

lloking foward to the new season now can't wait to get my program collection up and running again
oh and was there a prgram for the Lancaster game if there was I must have missed it if anyone has got a spare copy I can buy off you please PM me cheers
heysham_mfc

Postby slackAlice » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:08 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:lloking foward to the new season now can't wait to get my program collection up and running again
oh and was there a prgram for the Lancaster game if there was I must have missed it if anyone has got a spare copy I can buy off you please PM me cheers

Yep I'm the same - already started. There was a Lancaster programme but I only got the one unfortunately - it cost £1 ! ; so I can't help you there 'heysham'.
I have a spare Burscough one though if your interested [50p]. I didn't bother with the pre-season friendly programmes last season but got all last seasons league & cups, home & aways; and I'm hoping / determined to do the same this season I sometimes get a spare at aways it just depends how much they are and how much I've got.

Happy collecting ! :)
slackAlice

Postby John L » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:38 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:lloking foward to the new season now can't wait to get my program collection up and running again

As SlackAlice said, there was a programme at Lancaster although I knew nothing of it until a seller walked along the front of "our" end after the match had started. I only bought one so haven't got a spare for you, sorry. Try contacting LCFC to find out if there are any left if you're desperate for one. There was a good 4-page article inside by MikeB which I'd never read before.
John L

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:47 pm

hi thanks for the info got my hands on the Burscough program thank for the offer though slack going to try and get as many programs from our games (and other teams as weel but mostly Morecambe) this season
heysham_mfc

Postby CASS » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:33 pm

Them programmes will be quite a rarity in years to come and well worth hanging on to if you managed to get one.

Well I have this one ...It's not that I want rid it's the Catering Manager having a "Chucking out do". So If anybody wants it, lets have a "Where's Wally" moment on Saturday. I will be in the North Stand and at Half time will put on my "Farjestad BK" helmet,so if you want the prog "Spot the Viking."
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby slackAlice » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:44 pm

Personally I'd be looking for a new 'Catering Manager' if they stated interfering with my footy programmes ! It's a good photo of the Wolves programme that and what a cracking night that was - one of the highlights of last season.
slackAlice

Postby CASS » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:46 pm

slackAlice wrote:Personally I'd be looking for a new 'Catering Manager.

Now there's a thought...Had this one 33 years to the day. :D
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby slackAlice » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:54 pm

33 years - congratulations ! You'll probably find they got "Rights & Conditions" after such lengthy service.
slackAlice

Postby Shrimpsscene » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:51 pm

John L wrote:

As SlackAlice said, there was a programme at Lancaster although I knew nothing of it until a seller walked along the front of "our" end after the match had started. I only bought one so haven't got a spare for you, sorry. Try contacting LCFC to find out if there are any left if you're desperate for one. There was a good 4-page article inside by MikeB which I'd never read before.

the mike blackstone article is very good as featured in mikes book the brown sauce is off and we used it in our match programme series 2003 2004
great book and worth grabbing a copy from mr b
Shrimpsscene

Next

Return to General Discussion