Your plans for New Year's Eve?

Your plans for New Year's Eve?

Postby Phoenix » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:56 pm

I'll probably be online, my other half is working until late tonight so I'll be having a few drinks in front of the TV with laptop by my side. Unfortunately hospital patients still need care at all times of the year, she had Xmas day off so doing a late today and early tomorrow.

Happy New Year to Aspers who's 5 hours the other side of midnight :D
Phoenix

Re: Your plans for New Year's Eve?

Postby cragbankshrimp » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:03 pm

were off up t'dales, dropping the youngest daughter in Kendal and then over to Sedbergh to bring in the New Year.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL ON SV
"Accrington Stanley" Who are they??????????????
cragbankshrimp

Postby Christies Child » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:24 pm

CC and family are spending the evening with a close family friend who has just gone through a very, very messy divorce. Husband took her to the cleaners, thanks to a very good legal eagle.

Indian Take Away is on order from Kendal and being delivered to us for around 8 pm, accompanied by at least 3 if not 4 bottles of the finest Rioja with Champers at midnight. It's the one night in the year when I usually get pissed...and after the year we've had I'm looking forward to seeing it out in a haze!

Daughter is plugged into the TV to watch some DVDs. Unfortunately she broke her leg on the ice a few weeks ago, otherwise she'd be in Lancaster with her mates.

Cat has had its tea and is now sleeping it off....little does it know that a dog is also coming with our visitor! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I'd just like to wish everybody on SVs the very best for the New Year and in particular Phoenix; MarkS; Keith; Wayne; DeeBee; Shrimper; CampDave and all the others who have made 2008 so enjoyable with their contributions to some healthy debate....even if it has been at my expence :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for that lot on and off the field......COME ON YOU REDS.

HAPPY NEW YEAR
Last edited by Christies Child on Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby thegentlegiant » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:48 pm

Off to Lancaster with the girlfriend and some mates. so let me say what a 2008 it has been, ups and downs. let's have an even better 2009.

Happy New Year to all SV's have a great evening and i hope 2009 brings everyone even more success!
thegentlegiant

Postby outsider » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:37 pm

just realized i am now officially an OLD MAN :shock: . Sat here watching "V" the mini series on sci-fi while doing a nice 1000 piece jigsaw i found myself buying in Morrisons this afternoon :?

Happy new year to all S.V.ers and thier Family's . And all connected to MFC
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Keith » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:52 pm

Cat was knocked down on Christmas Eve, after two operations, we called it a day earlier today. Missus is gutted (and to be honest, I'm not in the party mood myself) so plans have changed and we're staying in. 2008 hasn't been a bad year but it's going out on a low point :cry: Elaine's gone for a soak in the bath, I'm helping to demolish the first bottle of red, so might manage to last until midnight.

Hope everyone else has a fun night and a happy 2009!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:03 pm

Sorry about your sad end to the year Keith losing a family pet can be just as painfull as a close family member. As for my own plans they just involve sitting in front of the tv|laptop drinking a vast ammount of alcohol and getting on thr Mrs nerves :D :D :D :D All the best for 2009 to shrimpers everywere
Blackburn shrimp

Postby USA Shrimp » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:11 pm

Family USA are en route back
To Philly after a christmas break in New Mexico. We are going from temperatures of 20 degrees to minus 7 ! I guess I will be the last one to the New Year, with Aspers leading the way. New Year's day in Philly belongs to The Mummers Parade - a bizarre spectacle but a great excuse to drink all day.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy celebration - have a great 2009, love from your colonial cousins over the pond.
USA Shrimp

Postby Mark S » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:48 pm

Keith wrote:Cat was knocked down on Christmas Eve, after two operations, we called it a day earlier today. Missus is gutted (and to be honest, I'm not in the party mood myself) so plans have changed and we're staying in. 2008 hasn't been a bad year but it's going out on a low point :cry: Elaine's gone for a soak in the bath, I'm helping to demolish the first bottle of red, so might manage to last until midnight.

Mate

Sorry to hear that. Thought it was on the mend.

Love to Elaine from us.

Mark & Gang
Mark S

Postby Christies Child » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:53 pm

Keith wrote:Cat was knocked down on Christmas Eve, after two operations, we called it a day earlier today. Missus is gutted (and to be honest, I'm not in the party mood myself) so plans have changed and we're staying in. 2008 hasn't been a bad year but it's going out on a low point :cry: Elaine's gone for a soak in the bath, I'm helping to demolish the first bottle of red, so might manage to last until midnight.

Know the feeling Keith.

Pets are like members of ones family.

Neil, Roberta and Aimee
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Aspers » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:05 am

Love to Elaine mate.
Bloody horrible losing a family pet.

XX
Aspers

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:33 am

Hamster died this year it was bloody devastating! We are just about getting over it.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby Keith » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:49 pm

Thanks for the kind words folks, I'll pass them on to Elaine when she's feeling a little less delicate. I'm sure they will be appreciated by her too and that she would pass her regards on to you and yours.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion