How i saw Bradford game

How i saw Bradford game

Postby Bryan » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:39 am

Clearly when you lose 4-0 it's plainly ridiculous to protest too much about misfortune. But on this occasion i have to stick up for the players and say that on another day we would have got something out of this game.

First goal he clearly controlled the ball with his hand. This, a goal that came totally against the run of play. The ref and linesman (on our side) were totally overawed by the 13000 yorkies too and let them get away with some awful challenges. Yet we've totally dominated in the first half.

The problem for us was the final ball which wasn't good enough on the day and some terrible set pieces from Stanners who'd clearly been at the Bristol Cream over chrimbo. At the back Adams wasn't at his best either if you get my drift.

But, and it's a big but, there was only one team trying to play footie (and that was the lads from the right side of the pennines in blue). Bratfart have won 4-0 and for the life of me i don't know how. They were awful at times with a keeper that looked like he was wearing boxing gloves.

However credit to them for when they did hit us on the break they made it count. Conlon has the nous to make life difficult for anyone and Boulding will always score one on one. I've no complaints about that. Their third was a wonder goal that would have ended up in Skipton on any other day and the pen looked harsh.

As for our support it was magnificent. Their's were quiet for most of the game as their team hardly touched the ball! So yep, i'm expecting 'outraged from Bratfart' to come on here and gob off but in truth this was one of those freak games where everything went for the home side, even though they played poorly and we put in a decent shift.

Honestly i hope Sammy doesn't change things too much as if we continue to play like that, as odd as it may seem, we will finish in the top half this season. It really was a freak game. But one in which we must look at how they were able to be so effective on the break.

PS i know that last paragraph will get the 'quoting morons' copying and pasting for fun (and i'm talking about regular posters on here) but i don't give a toss because the 400 that were at this game know we were good value. Room for improvement, yes, but i'm not too down hearted about the performance.

Oh and a Happy New Year! everyone 8-)
Bryan

Re: How i saw Bradford game

Postby Benji_Bantam » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:16 pm

no wonder you saw the game like that wearing those sunglasses, perhaps you could take them off next time?! 8-) . lol. I totally thought Liverpools 5-1 win over Newcastle was a freak game too, everything went their way, ref was crap too. Games like this should be replayed, its a disgrace!!
Benji_Bantam

Postby Shrimpsscene » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:09 pm

Honestly i hope Sammy doesn't change things too much as if we continue to play like that, as odd as it may seem, we will finish in the top half this season. It really was a freak game. But one in which we must look at how they were able to be so effective on the break.

Speaking to Sammy this morning Bryan he was upset with the scoreline because it didnt reflect the game our bus on the way home to a man said finishing was the difference
sammy is going to try his best to secure danny for the rest of the season and looking at one or two others too but the good news is he had players coming back from injury too when you think about wayne garry matty and twissy
he thought the support was magnificent yesterday and backed his team although one or two goals a bit sloppy
i think youre right about the handball too the defence werent happy with that decision but then the referee was very poor yesterday for both sides
were not doing badly and sammy is still wanting us to move up the table and challenge
unlucky yesterday
ive asked people to send in their best/worst games and certainly wouldnt expect this one to be there at all
better finishing really would have changed the game and im not criticsing a player who has scored two in three
hope we get danny
oh and hes out for saturday suspended
Last edited by Shrimpsscene on Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shrimpsscene

Postby Christies Child » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:59 pm

Shrimpsscene wrote:Honestly i hope Sammy doesn't change things too much as if we continue to play like that, as odd as it may seem, we will finish in the top half this season. It really was a freak game. But one in which we must look at how they were able to be so effective on the break.

Speaking to Sammy this morning Bryan he was upset with the scoreline because it didnt reflect the game our bus on the way home to a man said finishing was the difference
sammy is going to try his best to secure danny for the rest of the season and looking at one or two others too but the good news is he had players coming back from injury too when you think about wayne garry matty and twissy
he thought the support was magnificent yesterday and backed his team although one or two goals a bit sloppy
i think youre right about the handball too the defence werent happy with that decision but then the referee was very poor yesterday for both sides
wer enot doing badly and sammy is still wanting us to move up the table and chalenge
unlucky yesterday
ive asked people to send in their bets/worst games and certainly wouldnt expect this one to be there at all
better finishing really would hav echanged th egame and im not criticsing a player who has scored two in three
hope we get danny
oh and hes out for saturday suspended

Can we therefore take it that when Sammy has said that a striker is his priority this coming transfer window that DC is that target? If so then he would be a welcome addition. Remember also that he's out of contract come the summer so any transfer fee at this stage should reflect that.

However I'd like to see another striker signed (Howe (?)or even somebody like Conlon :o ) in addition to a wide left sided player with pace and a creative midfielder....both who can shoot from distance!

Let's hope that this 'window' will provide prove more successful than others.

Sammy and Mark have worked wonders to get us through this seasons bad patch. With a bit of wheeling and dealing the remainder of this season should be used to lay strong foundations for a more positive 2009/2010.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby sgt major » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:27 pm

If as you say Sean that Danny is suspended then perhaps we will see a first run out for a while for Twissy from the off!!!!
sgt major

Postby wibsey bantam » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:38 pm

face it little morecambe you got well beat 4 0 because your defence is crap and overweight and u dont have any decent strikers so go away and start mouthing off 2 a another similar size club like little accrington and little bury.bcfc 4eva :D
wibsey bantam

Postby mfc:) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:41 pm

wibsey bantam wrote:face it little morecambe you got well beat 4 0 because your defence is crap and overweight and u dont have any decent strikers so go away and start mouthing off 2 a another similar size club like little accrington and little bury.bcfc 4eva :D

Cockey or what ;)
mfc:)

Postby wibsey bantam » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:47 pm

true though thats why we have spent money to try get out of this league this year.be good when we bring 2000 plus over the border to boost ure coffers in april :mrgreen:
wibsey bantam

Postby mfc:) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:50 pm

Could the stadium accecpt 2000 away fans into the ground am not to sure about that does anyone one ?

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:57 pm

Frustrated at the result yesterday....but not with how the team played.

I thought we were fantastic and on another day would have taken something from the game. The scoreline is extremely flattering for Bradford and I'm pleased that the Bradford manger has admitted what was plainly obvious for those who attended. My suspicions are that those who do not share this opinion are amongst the season ticket army that don't turn up to games at Valley Parade, causing inflated crowds.......13,000 pull the other!

The second goal was crucial (and most disappointing in terms of how it came about) for Bradford. Up until this point we looked by far the better side. Our final ball was poor all afternoon, but even so we still missed glaring opportunities. Stanleys corners were also crap, which is a massive let down as their keeper looked shocking, and the referee looked quite weak (agree with Sean, he was poor for both sides). Had he given the keeper something to come and deal with I believe he would have been found wanting and a bit 'flap-tastic'.

I hope we can learn from yesterday, we must start taking our chances when we are on the ascendancy. If we continue to play how we have been doing recently then we should start to climb the league quite rapidly.
RedRedWine1

Postby wibsey bantam » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:00 pm

mfc:) wrote:Could the stadium accecpt 2000 away fans into the ground am not to sure about that does anyone one ?

fare play but our away support is very good,a lot will go to game then make there way to blackpool for a night out
wibsey bantam

Postby mfc:) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:02 pm

I know it is good because i remember last season on a friday night you brought just over a 1000.

Postby wibsey bantam » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:08 pm

RedRedWine wrote:Frustrated at the result yesterday....but not with how the team played.

I thought we were fantastic and on another day would have taken something from the game. The scoreline is extremely flattering for Bradford and I'm pleased that the Bradford manger has admitted what was plainly obvious for those who attended. My suspicions are that those who do not share this opinion are amongst the season ticket army that don't turn up to games at Valley Parade, causing inflated crowds.......13,000 pull the other!

The second goal was crucial (and most disappointing in terms of how it came about) for Bradford. Up until this point we looked by far the better side. Our final ball was poor all afternoon, but even so we still missed glaring opportunities. Stanleys corners were also crap, which is a massive let down as their keeper looked shocking, and the referee looked quite weak (agree with Sean, he was poor for both sides). Had he given the keeper something to come and deal with I believe he would have been found wanting and a bit 'flap-tastic'.

I hope we can learn from yesterday, we must start taking our chances when we are on the ascendancy. If we continue to play how we have been doing recently then we should start to climb the league quite rapidly.

yes but do u agree that we have got some class players that given a chance would punish teams like we did to u?has for support look at the average away support and bradford are averaging over a 1000 a game.look at hudders our hated rivals they r selling season tickets at 100 pounds because its thier centenary year and they average 11 000 at home,so that shows potential from our club when we do get promoted to a higher league
wibsey bantam

Postby wibsey bantam » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:12 pm

mfc:) wrote:I know it is good because i remember last season on a friday night you brought just over a 1000.

yes i was there on a cold october night.we got mugged that game,u scored an undeserved late winner when a draw would have been a fair result.your prob feeling like we did last year after that game.but thats football for you. :D
wibsey bantam

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:54 pm

wibsey bantam wrote:yes but do u agree that we have got some class players that given a chance would punish teams like we did to u?

You do have some useful players, and I never suggested that you did not. Sorry for not giving your side any credit, though this is a Morecambe forum and I'm attempting to alleviate fears amongst our support that we were poo. If you just saw the scoreline or listened to the crowing Bradford creche that has become apparent on here, you'd think that we were completely outplayed. In my opinion this was not the case.

One player for you that particularly stood out was the bald job up top, number 9. He won almost every ball in the air, and those that he did not win the fact that he'd already drawn two or three of our players towards him left us open if the ball came free. It was getting to the point where I'd have said just let him win the first ball and we'll clatter whoever he knocks it down to.

Good luck for the rest of the season (apart from good Friday, what a stupid time and date for that game).
RedRedWine1

Postby firthy_SexGod » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:37 pm

mfc:) wrote:I know it is good because i remember last season on a friday night you brought just over a 1000.

You gave us 1,200 or something last season and we brought 1,152 to be exact but that's hardly taking into account all the City fans in the home ends which is what will happen this time around meaning we'll be taking around 2,000.
firthy_SexGod

Postby Christies Child » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:46 pm

firthy_SexGod wrote:

You gave us 1,200 or something last season and we brought 1,152 to be exact but that's hardly taking into account all the City fans in the home ends which is what will happen this time around meaning we'll be taking around 2,000.

I assume that this also applied to your game at Accy earlier this season.
Christies Child

Postby firthy_SexGod » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:11 pm

Christies Child wrote:
firthy_SexGod wrote:

I assume that this also applied to your game at Accy earlier this season.

Blomming 'eck, you must be the physic type.

We took just under 1,500 and their were around 150-200 in the homes end towards the away end of the home stand.

Averaging 986 away from atm and that should increase especially when we've got at least two garunteed away games were we'll take around 2,000ish, (Bury & Rochdale) although should be more and would of been if they'd of both been on Saturdays and not Tuesday nighters.
firthy_SexGod

Postby Bare Ben » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:45 pm

Why is everything a competition with Bradford? Do they bombard everybody elses messageboards when they play them as well? You've had your fun but now your just replying to every thread with a "we are this, we are that" always one better attitude and I don't think anyone cares anymore. You won the match well done, but let's not dwell on it, which we know you love doing, and move on. So, if you don't mind, f**k off.
Bare Ben

Postby firthy_SexGod » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:48 pm

Bare Ben wrote:Why is everything a competition with Bradford? Do they bombard everybody elses messageboards when they play them as well.

Well that's what happens when you're MAHHUSIVE and yes is the answer to your question.
firthy_SexGod

Postby Jody » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:56 pm

Firstly, maybe facts should be stuck to when suggesting players were on the alcohol over christmas, a few players were below par yesterday and maybe that was down to playing 2 games in 2 days rather than alcohol consumed.
Secondly, a very nice ground for a team in League Two. Not too sure about the admission prices, and think maybe they should reflect the level of football a bit more but never mind.
I was impressed with the standard of football showed by Morecambe yesterday. In particular I think Rene deserves a mention as he worked the front line well all game. The stats suggest maybe we should have got more from the game, and on another day who knows but chances weren't taken yesterday, even with a very poor goalkeeper, and that was our downfall. We seemed to dominate against a side pushing for promotion, and we coped quite well until Fraser was removed from the occasion when a gaping hole around the edge of the area seemed to emerge.
Would like to see the first goal replayed on the TV as I'm sure I saw a clear handball and, against the run of play it changed the game completely.
That thug Conlon who I seem to recall broke Thommo's cheekbone last year and it was suggested deliberately, went up again with the elbows on McStay yesterday and was lucky to stay on the pitch.
Glad to see Bradford enjoying their win, but they are a League Two side through no fault but their own and I think to some a reality check is needed. 'Big' ground, 'big' fan base (although if they had to pay full price for their season tickets maybe not so?), but still a League Two club. And until they finally manage to get round to getting promoted from this 'little' league, they will continue to play teams like 'little Morecambe' who are just enjoying football, enjoying winning and (maybe not so much) losing but are most of all, grateful to be a League team and treat others with respect.
Jody

Postby Ken Barlow » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:02 pm

RedRedWine wrote:
wibsey bantam wrote:yes but do u agree that we have got some class players that given a chance would punish teams like we did to u?

You do have some useful players, and I never suggested that you did not. Sorry for not giving your side any credit, though this is a Morecambe forum and I'm attempting to alleviate fears amongst our support that we were poo. If you just saw the scoreline or listened to the crowing Bradford creche that has become apparent on here, you'd think that we were completely outplayed. In my opinion this was not the case.

One player for you that particularly stood out was the bald job up top, number 9. He won almost every ball in the air, and those that he did not win the fact that he'd already drawn two or three of our players towards him left us open if the ball came free. It was getting to the point where I'd have said just let him win the first ball and we'll clatter whoever he knocks it down to.

Good luck for the rest of the season (apart from good Friday, what a stupid time and date for that game).

I bow down to you. That comment clearly shows you know about football. The number 9 you are refferring to, is Barry Conlon, the same player who an idiotic few, booed onto the pitch against Luton. They say he's lazy and does nothing for the team :roll:
Ken Barlow

Postby Christies Child » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:23 pm

Jody wrote:Firstly, maybe facts should be stuck to when suggesting players were on the alcohol over christmas, a few players were below par yesterday and maybe that was down to playing 2 games in 2 days rather than alcohol consumed.
Secondly, a very nice ground for a team in League Two. Not too sure about the admission prices, and think maybe they should reflect the level of football a bit more but never mind.
I was impressed with the standard of football showed by Morecambe yesterday. In particular I think Rene deserves a mention as he worked the front line well all game. The stats suggest maybe we should have got more from the game, and on another day who knows but chances weren't taken yesterday, even with a very poor goalkeeper, and that was our downfall. We seemed to dominate against a side pushing for promotion, and we coped quite well until Fraser was removed from the occasion when a gaping hole around the edge of the area seemed to emerge.
Would like to see the first goal replayed on the TV as I'm sure I saw a clear handball and, against the run of play it changed the game completely.
That thug Conlon who I seem to recall broke Thommo's cheekbone last year and it was suggested deliberately, went up again with the elbows on McStay yesterday and was lucky to stay on the pitch.
Glad to see Bradford enjoying their win, but they are a League Two side through no fault but their own and I think to some a reality check is needed. 'Big' ground, 'big' fan base (although if they had to pay full price for their season tickets maybe not so?), but still a League Two club. And until they finally manage to get round to getting promoted from this 'little' league, they will continue to play teams like 'little Morecambe' who are just enjoying football, enjoying winning and (maybe not so much) losing but are most of all, grateful to be a League team and treat others with respect.

Well done Jody..... :)
Christies Child

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:29 am

Jody wrote:Firstly, maybe facts should be stuck to when suggesting players were on the alcohol over christmas, a few players were below par yesterday and maybe that was down to playing 2 games in 2 days rather than alcohol consumed.

Well said.

Even though Stanners dead ball kicks weren't up to his usual standard he was far and away the best midfield player on the park.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby 4G63 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:46 pm

I think i would agree with that wholeheartedly! Well said.
4G63

Next

Return to General Discussion