Bradford 4 Morecambe 0

Bradford 4 Morecambe 0

Postby Keith » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:00 pm

Sounds like we've played really well and don't desrve to be losing :cry: Hopefully get the break we need in the second half.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Bradford 1 Morecambe 0

Postby parkyboy » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:22 pm

Bad defending yet again , plenty of possession but couldnt repeat boxing day knack of finding the net. Stood off there attackers to much as though they didnt know who should be making a move , especially for Boulding,s goal ,pity after a reasonable 1st half .
parkyboy

Re: Bradford 4 Morecambe 0

Postby Howe Magic » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:42 pm

what a bizarre game football is - the bbc stats show that today at valley parade we had 10 shots on target and 11 corners and lost 4-0 (also just heard sammy on radio lancs he said that its one of the most unfair results he has ever been involved in).....anyway last four games we have taken 7pts from 12 so today apart not too bad.......bring on the lincoln next saturday
Howe Magic

Postby Ken Barlow » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:14 pm

4-0 flattered you. Your keeper was lobbed when he was 2 yards from his line.
Ken Barlow

Postby marky » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:19 pm

To be honest I didn't expect anything from today's game but it is rather galling to have a -1 Christmas goal difference after winning one of the games 4-1! Sounds like Carlton should have scored a couple of times. We really need to sharpen up away from home.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Midland Road Bantam » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:25 pm

I'm sure we can all agree that goalscore aside, it was a very entertaining game...from both teams. Morecambe certainly came to give us a game... and credit to them, they did just that. Your distribution of the ball was excellent and you did look threatening at times. Howe stood out in particular, and seems to be a very good signing for you.
We just took our chances for a change, and it paid off. Our finishing and the goals were top class. We didn't play the prettier football but we defended extremely well. Our keeper also pulled off a great save, but wasn't really troubled that much during the game. Maccy can't really complain about the result today. However, I do think you'll end up in the top half of the table, come the end of the season.

Approx 450 fans made the trip. Good cheering and banter. Well Done :D

Despite the result, hope you enjoyed the day and look forward to seeing you at CP next April ;)
Midland Road Bantam

Postby Keith » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:36 pm

Midland Road Bantam wrote:I'm sure we can all agree that goalscore aside, it was a very entertaining game...from both teams. Morecambe certainly came to give us a game... and credit to them, they did just that. Your distribution of the ball was excellent and you did look threatening at times. Howe stood out in particular, and seems to be a very good signing for you.
We just took our chances for a change, and it paid off. Our finishing and the goals were top class. We didn't play the prettier football but we defended extremely well. Our keeper also pulled off a great save, but wasn't really troubled that much during the game. Maccy can't really complain about the result today. However, I do think you'll end up in the top half of the table, come the end of the season.

Despite the result, hope you enjoyed the day and look forward to seeing you at CP next April ;)

You see Ken? There is intelligent life in Bradford!!! :lol: Cheers Midland Road Bantum, see you in April!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Bratfud Thickoids » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:41 pm

And Sussex, sees you April :)
Bratfud Thickoids

Postby Phoenix » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:43 pm

Your keeper was lobbed when he was 2 yards from his line

From the far end of the ground, straight line of sight behind the other goals, that looked bizarre. I couldn't tell how far Roche was off his line but he jumped and didn't make much of an effort as though he thought it was going over the bar. Next I see him picking it out of the net.
Phoenix

Postby Father Ted » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:50 pm

Midland Road Bantam wrote:I'm sure we can all agree that goalscore aside, it was a very entertaining game...from both teams. Morecambe certainly came to give us a game... and credit to them, they did just that. Your distribution of the ball was excellent and you did look threatening at times. Howe stood out in particular, and seems to be a very good signing for you.

A good summary MRM. All I would add is that the game was very much up for grabs and the third goal was crucial. If Morecambe scored at anytime before that, then there could have been a very different outcome.

Just one of those days for you Shrimpers, I'm afraid, even the penalty was extremely harsh.
Father Ted

Postby Castaway » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:51 pm

I'm sure we can all agree that goalscore aside, it was a very entertaining game...from both teams. Morecambe certainly came to give us a game... and credit to them, they did just that. Your distribution of the ball was excellent and you did look threatening at times. Howe stood out in particular, and seems to be a very good signing for you.

Fair comments. We played the better football but couldn't get on the score sheet to reward our industry, whereas Bradford took the chances that fell to them well.

I don't often moan about officials but the both the referee and particular the assisstant referee barely gave a decision our way all afternoon. It was the inconsistancies which stood out e.g. Drummond getting booked for a late tackle, then their lad didn't even get a talking to for a late challenge on Yates. Perhaps they succumbed to the large home crowd?

I just can't feel disapointed about today's result. We played some terrific football at times but just lacked that bit extra to go on and punish them. Considering the size of the two clubs, it simply isn't a level playing field so fair play to Sammy and the lads for giving it their all today.
Castaway

Postby cibasteve » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:38 pm

Howe Magic wrote:what a bizarre game football is - the bbc stats show that today at valley parade we had 10 shots on target and 11 corners and lost 4-0 (also just heard sammy on radio lancs he said that its one of the most unfair results he has ever been involved in).....anyway last four games we have taken 7pts from 12 so today apart not too bad.......bring on the lincoln next saturday

That's normal for us we just let teams come onto us!
Honestly and it works.
We've done it all season.
It really doesn't matter how many shots you have, the shots have to be quality.
It's the same as the possession, Dagenham had 71% possession against us and we restricted the leagues top scorers to 1 goal.
It's the way we play, it was nowt to do with you being good.
Last edited by cibasteve on Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never trust anyone who doesn't like football
cibasteve

Postby Vinny » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:41 pm

We can be proud of MFC, our team and our fans today at the CWS. We deserved something out of that game and performance, and as it was not goals, not points, then we can take pride :D Our play at times was a joy to behold and we dominated large parts of the game, but were undone by our lack of clinical finishing and then a display of clinical finishing at the other end. It could have been oh so different had the handball been spotted before their first goal, or if one of the chances DC had in the first half had found the net :roll: We will play games a lot worse than we did today and come out winners. Despite the defeat, I think the Shrimps fans enjoyed the day and can be proud of MFC.
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby Father Ted » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:08 pm

Vinny wrote:We can be proud of MFC, our team and our fans today at the CWS. We deserved something out of that game and performance, and as it was not goals, not points, then we can take pride :D Our play at times was a joy to behold and we dominated large parts of the game, but were undone by our lack of clinical finishing and then a display of clinical finishing at the other end. It could have been oh so different had the handball been spotted before their first goal, or if one of the chances DC had in the first half had found the net :roll: We will play games a lot worse than we did today and come out winners. Despite the defeat, I think the Shrimps fans enjoyed the day and can be proud of MFC.

I take your point, but games are decided by goals and we deserve credit for our performance. The qualities you saw today are why we are third in the table. Not bad for an injury ravaged squad, eh?
Father Ted

Postby Number 1 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:26 pm

Morecambe played well today and 4-0 did truly flatter the Bantams, even the adults there admitted that (although I don't expect the Bratfud children on here to take that view). The first goal came against the run of play really, although in saying that we didn't actually do a great deal with our possession. The second was always going to be the critical goal, and to concede the way we did was disappointing, especially as we took the game to Bradford at the beginning of the second half. At 2-0 it was a mountain to climb. The Bradford 3rd was a shot of real class and shows just what good players for this league can do. The 4th was a penalty given from an infringement from quite close range so one of those where it might or might not have been given. Had it been 0-0 it might have been different.

Overall, I thought the difference was that City had quality in areas that we didn't i.e in being able to deliver a quality ball into dangerous areas, and having the personnel to put the chances away. If we rely on Yates, a right back, and Wainwright, a right sided player on the left, to deliver quality into the box, we're being naive. Yates doesn't have that quality, and Wainwright needs to check back on his right foot, and if he doesn't he can't cross with his left. Having said that, that is a little harsh, because we have beaten teams of lesser quality than Bradford this season with those players. Stanleys set play delivery is a big plus as a general rule.

In conclusion, we're nowhere near Bradford in terms of personnel yet, and I'll be very surprised if they don't go up automatically. I think that we'll be ok, as we gave it a good go, and there are poorer teams than us in this league at the moment.
Number 1

Postby Father Ted » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:44 pm

Number 1 wrote:Morecambe played well today and 4-0 did truly flatter the Bantams, even the adults there admitted that (although I don't expect the Bratfud children on here to take that view). The first goal came against the run of play really, although in saying that we didn't actually do a great deal with our possession. The second was always going to be the critical goal, and to concede the way we did was disappointing, especially as we took the game to Bradford at the beginning of the second half. At 2-0 it was a mountain to climb. The Bradford 3rd was a shot of real class and shows just what good players for this league can do. The 4th was a penalty given from an infringement from quite close range so one of those where it might or might not have been given. Had it been 0-0 it might have been different.

Overall, I thought the difference was that City had quality in areas that we didn't i.e in being able to deliver a quality ball into dangerous areas, and having the personnel to put the chances away. If we rely on Yates, a right back, and Wainwright, a right sided player on the left, to deliver quality into the box, we're being naive. Yates doesn't have that quality, and Wainwright needs to check back on his right foot, and if he doesn't he can't cross with his left. Having said that, that is a little harsh, because we have beaten teams of lesser quality than Bradford this season with those players. Stanleys set play delivery is a big plus as a general rule.

In conclusion, we're nowhere near Bradford in terms of personnel yet, and I'll be very surprised if they don't go up automatically. I think that we'll be ok, as we gave it a good go, and there are poorer teams than us in this league at the moment.

That looks a fair assessment Grandad, so thanks for that.

I am always reluctant to give an opinion on any team when I have only seen them once, but on today's evidence you will be o.k. You look like a well organised unit that plays with a good tempo, although you carried little threat up front today I was impressed with Howe's contribution.

Twiss coming back will be an obvious bonus. Maybe you can make the play offs, but somehow I doubt it. I've seen better teams at VP TBH.

My prediction is 9th place for you guys, which I think is a damned fine effort given your resources and the amount of time you've been in the league. All the best for the rest of the season.
Father Ted

Postby Jibberjabba » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:59 pm

Morecums main problem seems to be that whilst they worked hard & bullied Bratfud for large parts of the game they have no attacking quality what so ever. For all their faults Bratfud are always going to create chances at this level.
Jibberjabba

Postby durhamshrimp » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:30 pm

Yeah you lads were on.. ahh forget it.
durhamshrimp

Postby OvertheBar » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:35 pm

Jibberjabba enthused about us:
Morecums main problem seems to be that whilst they played some delightful football, worked hard & bullied Bratfud for large parts of the game they have no attacking quality what so ever. For all their faults Bratfud are always going to create chances at this level.

Bradford were absolute crap in defense during most of the first half. Their goalie was nervous and made loads of mistakes, they had to resort to punting the ball into their vast empty stands and their forwards seldom produced anything of quality. Their first goal was an ugly scrappy effort, ably assisted by a handpass.

No clue about their second cos I was singing some sort of 'who are ya' chant at their fans and turned around to see their player screaming through with our defense on the halfway line, good finish mind.

Their third surprised me, it looked to me as if Bazzer thought it was going over. It was a flimsy sort of shot too and I couldn't see why Bazzer didn't stick his paws up in the air and grab it.

The penalty and fourth insult of the afternoon was a lightweight affair, the ref was a total homer, gave us nothing all afternoon and I enjoyed the moment when Stanners shoved him out of the way in the second half.

However, Jibberjabba is quite correct about our attacking quality. We are creative and a pleasure to watch...until we get within 12 yards of the goal. From our bolt hole in the corner it was difficult to judge whether most efforts were close, but we missed some golden opportunities and should have been a couple of goals to the good at half time.

Like I said after we lost at Port Vale, don't write Morecambe off, they are playing some great football in most games and just need target practice. So lets start on Saturday by peppering the Lincoln goal.

Fans were brilliant today, what a shame we didn't have a goal to celebrate.

And fair do's to the bradford fans. Me and the missus walked about a mile to the ground. Both going and coming back had great craic with them, and never felt threatened or abused for wearing our Morecambe colours with pride.
OvertheBar

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:21 am

Singing to the end mate! Singing to the end. True supporters, not like you fickle bunch.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby OvertheBar » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:25 am

Mr Loyal:
There's a certain song for things like this, especially after the "BRADFORD CITY" thread... "You're not singing anymore"

I would respond...'You only sing when your shearing'

We outsang you start to finish.
OvertheBar

Postby Bradford_Loyal » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:32 am

Fair play... you did sing till the end, and TBH i was pretty impressed as yous made a decent account of yourselfs. At home, we've never been the same since we changed to an all seater and a more mordern ground. Away though, like yous did yesterday... we sing till the end. But, unlike yous yesterday, we sing loudly as we sing in numbers.
Bradford_Loyal

Postby Christies Child » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:14 am

Bradford_Loyal wrote:Fair play... you did sing till the end, and TBH i was pretty impressed as yous made a decent account of yourselfs. At home, we've never been the same since we changed to an all seater and a more mordern ground. Away though, like yous did yesterday... we sing till the end. But, unlike yous yesterday, we sing loudly as we sing in numbers.

' Yous'.....New word invented or just the way they teach them in Yorkshire?
;) ;) ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Neil G » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:30 am

But, unlike yous yesterday, we sing loudly as we sing in numbers.

what like 1,3,5, 7 Bratfud are in League 2 heaven

and 4,6,8,10 soon we will be skint again :D

yous make us laugh yous do in your mordern ground n that innit :lol:
Neil G

Return to General Discussion