McCann and O'Carroll

McCann and O'Carroll

Postby Christies Child » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:21 pm

Neither has featured on the bench of late.

Are they injured or given extra Christmas leave?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: McCann and O'Carroll

Postby Harry » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:25 pm

They both played against Wigan on Monday night in the Lancashire Cup
Harry

Postby Bolio » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:38 pm

They are all training with the squad as usual and as stated were both involved in the wigan game.

maybe sammy just thinks they are not relevant at the moment. Or maybe he is saving some of his squad for back up over the christmas period. I for one hope Ryan is involved tommorow. As I said in previous threads i think Fraser needs replacing.
North - West best!
Bolio

Postby campdave » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:49 am

Both spotted wandering out of the ground about 2.45pm on Friday :D
campdave

Postby Mark S » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:40 am

campdave wrote:Both spotted wandering out of the ground about 2.45pm on Friday :D

Where Andy Parrish was sat with his Dad in the Main stand and watched the whole match cheering on his team.
Mark S

Postby harvey boy » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:03 pm

Saw Parrish cheering the lads at the last home game-good on him! we need him back in the side -he has great pace and deserves a chance!
harvey boy

Postby Aal » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:34 pm

It's worrying if these guys were wandering out at 2.45pm. Where's the team spirit that we hear about. MInd you I saw Parrish 'wandering out' with his kit bag at 2.50pm. Maybe they were all just returning stuff to their cars.

These are 3 guys who deserve to be more involved esp McCann.
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby Christies Child » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:56 pm

Aal wrote:It's worrying if these guys were wandering out at 2.45pm. Where's the team spirit that we hear about. MInd you I saw Parrish 'wandering out' with his kit bag at 2.50pm. Maybe they were all just returning stuff to their cars.

Only my opinion but I wouldn't be suprised if O'Carroll is released and his 12 month contract cancelled and Parrish and Carr going on loan to Conf clubs in the next week or so, to release monies from the wage bill for new signings.

Also can see Lloyd being allowed to leave with Artell out also on loan with a clause for an immeadiate call back if required.

Mr T will stay as will Curtis but Hunter?????
Christies Child

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:43 am

Christies Child wrote:
Aal wrote:It's worrying if these guys were wandering out at 2.45pm. Where's the team spirit that we hear about. MInd you I saw Parrish 'wandering out' with his kit bag at 2.50pm. Maybe they were all just returning stuff to their cars.

Only my opinion but I wouldn't be suprised if O'Carroll is released and his 12 month contract cancelled and Parrish and Carr going on loan to Conf clubs in the next week or so, to release monies from the wage bill for new signings.

Also can see Lloyd being allowed to leave with Artell out also on loan with a clause for an immeadiate call back if required.

I suppose a lot will depend on who we sign.

If we sign Keiron Charnock then Dave Artell may go out on loan otherwise he is our only other centre half if Jimbo or Henry are injured/suspended.

The Barrow fans think Wayne is going there in January.

Others out on loan could be O'Carroll , Lloyd , Hunter and Taylor(Conf experience).
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:46 pm

I for one hope Ryan is involved tomorrow. As I said in previous threads i think Fraser needs replacing.

i agree, McCann looks a more a composed player for the holding midfield role and is far a better user of the ball
George Dawes

Postby shrimper » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:51 pm

Fraser played very well at Luton and again v Macclesfield. I thought the same as you until recently but (though I wasn't at Bradford) he has shown some very good form in some recent games.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby marky » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:04 pm

Funny, I thought he was easily our worst player against Macclesfield.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby shrimper » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:11 pm

I thought he did a decent shift, as did they all. Against Luton (which was the main one I had in mind) I thought he could have been our MoM.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby mr dog » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:21 pm

personally i think taylor might go on loan in january? he needs the professional football experience in order to become a top player in the squad so i think this would be a probable move.
diarmuid has impressed me when he has been given his chances, and i think sammy should keep him in the squad.
however, lloyd and hunter i think should be sold/released in january, as neither of them can cut it at this standard and are well out of their depth.
mr dog

Postby scalehallshrimp » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:37 pm

mclachlan had a difficult game against bradford,the chap he was marking was very quick and gave him a lot of problems,it was interesting that they improved substantially after frazer went off leaving our midfield more open
scalhell shrimp
scalehallshrimp

Postby james456 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:18 pm

Am I the only one who thinks we should keep Hunter? He does the same job as McLachlan but is a better passer of the ball (nothing spectacular but he's consistant at least). If nothing else, he should be used as an impact sub.
james456

Postby mr dog » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:06 pm

hes no where near as good as fraser, frasers got some bottle and some grit, which hunter doesnt have. its as simple as that. fraser is a poor mans mascherano, whereas hunter is a poor soft mans fraser
mr dog

Postby Harry » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:24 pm

Christies Child wrote:

How can we afford to pay 18 months' worth of O'Carroll's contract, after he is presumably one of the higher-earners at the club? And I can't see how you can be so sure on Twiss. According to every man and his dog on here he was close to leaving in the summer. He probably won't leave in the forthcoming window but when was the last time he had a sustained, effective run in the first team? Nearly 2 years ago!

And for the record, I saw McCann (or it might have been Diarmuid) at the back of the main stand at 2.59 on Friday. Time lord!
Harry

Postby steve mfc » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:40 pm

mr dog wrote:hes no where near as good as fraser, frasers got some bottle and some grit, which hunter doesnt have. its as simple as that. fraser is a poor mans mascherano, whereas hunter is a poor soft mans fraser

Its a bit of an insult to describe Gary as soft, he is not the biggest of players but he is certainly not afraid of the physical side of the game and always gives 100%.
steve mfc

Postby parceldave » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:19 am

steve mfc wrote:
mr dog wrote:hes no where near as good as fraser, frasers got some bottle and some grit, which hunter doesnt have. its as simple as that. fraser is a poor mans mascherano, whereas hunter is a poor soft mans fraser

Its a bit of an insult to describe Gary as soft, he is not the biggest of players but he is certainly not afraid of the physical side of the game and always gives 100%.

Totally agree with you that G.H. certainly ain´t soft and can get as physical as any player . I think they play differant roles though , Gary is much more of an attacking midfielder and when he comes on as sub he seems to give us more creativity going forward but, as for 90 mins ?
parceldave

Postby Christies Child » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:50 am

Harry wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

How can we afford to pay 18 months' worth of O'Carroll's contract, after he is presumably one of the higher-earners at the club? And I can't see how you can be so sure on Twiss. According to every man and his dog on here he was close to leaving in the summer. He probably won't leave in the forthcoming window but when was the last time he had a sustained, effective run in the first team? Nearly 2 years ago!

And for the record, I saw McCann (or it might have been Diarmuid) at the back of the main stand at 2.59 on Friday. Time lord!

O'Carroll was only given a 12 month contract and nobody on this forum knows for certain that he's one of the higher- earners.....and rightly so. All matters relating to wages should and are kept within the confines of the club and its officials. Plenty of rumour and speculation.....
Christies Child

Postby Harry » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:30 am

Assumed that he was on a 2-year contract from July 2008, may have read that somewhere here. I certainly don't know how much he gets paid but considering the fanfare that came with him in the summer and we signed him from Celtic, I'm just having a bit of a guesstimate.
Harry

Postby Christies Child » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:46 am

Harry wrote:Assumed that he was on a 2-year contract from July 2008, may have read that somewhere here. I certainly don't know how much he gets paid but considering the fanfare that came with him in the summer and we signed him from Celtic, I'm just having a bit of a guesstimate.

Remember he was only a reserve team player and not I believe a member of the first team squad. It's doubtful that Celtic would have let him go if they saw something long term in the guy. I think we all expected big things from him and the jury is still out, but to make the step from Reserve team football in Scotland to League 2 in England is quite a large step to take in my opinion. Hence my belief that we only gave him a 12 month contract.

I genuinely believe that he has a lot to offer but can we afford to wait and see?

I well remember having signed Eastwood from Burnley quite some time ago. He was a prolific goal scorer for their reserves as well as bagging a few in their first team. Unfortunately he didn't make it with us, which could have been down to our style of play at that time.
Christies Child

Postby shrimper » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:39 pm

Diarmuid's on a one-year contract.

As for players 'leaving the ground'. A lot do that when they know they are not going to be involved. It's usually at about 2.45pm and it's usually a short trip to the excellent chippy and then back into the ground to watch the match with a belly-full of Atkinson's finest!
shrimper

Re: McCann and Carroll

Postby George Dawes » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:40 pm

for all we know, it might be nothing to do with abilty he may have a attitude problem or whatever, and SM like with Craig Stanley in the past, as O'Carrrol as a outcast
George Dawes

Next

Return to General Discussion