Rene Howe

Rene Howe

Postby Bolio » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:22 am

Is it me or has a energetic DC made Rene seem one of the best target men in the Leauge? Just thinking DC has created the room for Rene to show his pace and strength and at the moment he has looked a 100% different player than the one we saw earlier on this season. The lacluster, can't be bothered and giving up attitude has vanished. More the of the same please boys. and don't forget blinks is on the way back and Twiss and Curtis at the ready too. Not that I can see any of them getting in ahead of DC, while he's still here, and Rene.

Any thoughts? Agree? or not?

cheers.
North - West best!
Bolio

Re: Rene Howe

Postby Christies Child » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:51 am

...as well as the proposed additional striker assuming it's not either Rene or DC Sammy is in for!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Bolio » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:57 am

Hope sammy secures Rene full time, on his day the lad's the best about.
North - West best!
Bolio

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:43 am

he's a legend
read all about him in next weeks match programme v lincoln city
who he dislikes
his best 3 goals
his "other " interests and much more
legend rene
Shrimpsscene

Postby Keith » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:18 am

I was talking about this in the chat room yesterday. Danny has returned a much better player in my opinion. He is caught off side less and is making some great runs, which is pulling defences all over, allowing Rene more space. Instead of Rene labouring away on his own, looking to do something with a long punt, while closely marked, he's getting balls to feet or to run on to. I'd love to see Danny & Rene both here for the rest of the season and beyond as I think they compliment each other very well. At Darlington and the ten minute spell when we were a goal down at Luton, we played some superb football, and it sounds like yesterday was more of the same. So let's go out at Bradford pretending we're a goal down and batter them!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Welshrimp » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:21 am

caught off side less

Thanks goodness we're playing the long aerial ball less.

I agree about Rene - he was superb yesterday. Lots of effort. His play when he comes deep is a joy to watch, with some really sweet skills there. And he knows how to finish when we get the ball through to him. A fine player.
I'm Welshrimp and I'm a new Shrimpsvoices addict.
Welshrimp

Postby campdave » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:16 pm

I'm coming round to Howe more, but for me there is a bit of the Thommo about him - gives up too easily when chasing the ball down on occasion. I don't expect him to be chasing lost balls, but sometimes when it's 60/40 to the defender he'll back off rather than trying pressurise the defender into a mistake.
campdave

Postby Christies Child » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:50 pm

campdave wrote:I'm coming round to Howe more, but for me there is a bit of the Thommo about him - gives up too easily when chasing the ball down on occasion. I don't expect him to be chasing lost balls, but sometimes when it's 60/40 to the defender he'll back off rather than trying pressurise the defender into a mistake.

Interestingly Sammy discussed in his post match radio intereview how they are working on Rene's overall game to get his work rate up and to become a more all rounded and commited player.

Whatever they are doing on the training ground seems to be paying off 'big style'...

Maybe Rene knows something about his long term future that we are awaiting news of?

Wishfull thinking on my / our part?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Bolio » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:12 pm

Well I for one hope it is not just wishful thinking on you / our part CC!

Signing Rene would be IMO one of the best moves for the cluib since joing the football leauge, He has proved himself even with the sometimes effort lacking attittude. So if the effort is put in 100% of the time, someting CC has indicated is improving through training methods, i'm sure RH can be one of the best strikers in the leauge, if not the best. and as CC also said, we are supposed to be tracking another front man, whether this is one that is already at the club on loan is still to be seen but whatever the outcome a few exciting weeks are in stall for us fans. DC or RH signed on a full contract basis will make my Christmas that's for sure!
North - West best!
Bolio

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:20 pm

think everyone would love to see this strike partnership here till the end of the season
lets face it we have two league one strikers playing for us lets hope the goals flow the crowds swell and we start to pick up a few place in that league table
signing these two till the end of the season would be fantastic news
Shrimpsscene

Return to General Discussion