Re: sky sports news

Postby Andy » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:38 pm

I liked Matty's crack about the siren :D :D
Back on the spanners
Andy

Postby Keith » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:08 pm

Andy wrote:I liked Matty's crack about the siren :D :D

That was my set up! :lol: Took the police ten minutes to find the keys to the van though :roll:

Anyone fancy putting it on You Tube for us non-Sky folk? ;)
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby shrimper » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:05 pm

.. no good for Andy and other exiles but if you tune in to North West Tonight (if Tony Livesey's managed to fettle the video clip we've sent him) we may get a bit of a mention on there as well.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Posh » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:56 pm

Keith wrote:
Andy wrote:I liked Matty's crack about the siren :D :D

That was my set up! :lol: Took the police ten minutes to find the keys to the van though :roll:

Anyone fancy putting it on You Tube for us non-Sky folk? ;)

I've taped it on my BT Vision box (Sky Sports News is on Freeview) but I've no idea how to get it from there to a file. The only option is to hook up the DVD player and tape from there and then somehow download that to a computer, edit it and then upload.

You should see it by Christmas...

VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Keith » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:33 pm

Posh wrote:Sky Sports News is on Freeview

Oddly, there are some channels, Like SSN, that are on Freeview but not on Freesat. Which is odd. I think ITV HD is only on Freesat but not on Freeview. Which is odd too.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Keith » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:43 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/northwesttonight/

then click "Watch Now" (for the next 20 hours)

Keith
Site Admin

Postby katie » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:21 pm

:cry: I'm 'Little Ern's' Mum, and i managed to record over the copy I managed to get after sitting through five hours of repeated David Beckham interview :cry: and cricket :cry: and rugby :cry: .......... I can't find anything on youtube yet- does anyone have any other ideas on how I can get another copy?
katie

Postby Keith » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:34 pm

katie wrote::cry: I'm 'Little Ern's' Mum, and i managed to record over the copy I managed to get after sitting through five hours of repeated David Beckham interview :cry: and cricket :cry: and rugby :cry: .......... I can't find anything on youtube yet- does anyone have any other ideas on how I can get another copy?

Well that's one way to get a new member to the board! Sorry to hear about your misfortune but welcome Little Ern's Mum!

Keith
Site Admin

Postby katie » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:50 pm

Keith wrote:
katie wrote::cry: I'm 'Little Ern's' Mum, and i managed to record over the copy I managed to get after sitting through five hours of repeated David Beckham interview :cry: and cricket :cry: and rugby :cry: .......... I can't find anything on youtube yet- does anyone have any other ideas on how I can get another copy?

Well that's one way to get a new member to the board! Sorry to hear about your misfortune but welcome Little Ern's Mum!

Thank you! I have been here before, but never posted anything. I'll be back now though. As you can tell with my antics with the DVD player, I'm not the most technologically minded. For now, I find myself stuck in front of sky sports news again!
katie

Postby morecambe mick » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:16 pm

Don't worry Katie you have loads of people on here who can sympathise with your techlogical blackspot.

Take Christie's Child...........

No, really, take him :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh yea can't be rude, Welcome.
morecambe mick

Postby Mark S » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:28 pm

Says the guy who couldnt get onto Morecambeworld without a bit of technical advice. :roll:

:lol:
Mark S

Postby Christies Child » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:36 pm

morecambe mick wrote:Don't worry Katie you have loads of people on here who can sympathise with your techlogical blackspot.

Take Christie's Child...........

No, really, take him :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh yea can't be rude, Welcome.

....have a good one Mick.... :evil: :evil: :evil:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Curly » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:18 am

Keith wrote:
Posh wrote:Sky Sports News is on Freeview

Oddly, there are some channels, Like SSN, that are on Freeview but not on Freesat. Which is odd. I think ITV HD is only on Freesat but not on Freeview. Which is odd too.

But whats even more odd is that you don't like tunnocks caramels!!!
WEIRDO!!!!!

Wahey, I can't see the join! ;)
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Christies Child » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:23 am

Watched our 'Erics' on BBC.....very good!

However on a more sober note, well done to all those who helped out with the accident.

:D :D :D
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby shrimper » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:52 am

Yep they did us proud (not including myself in that, others took it on themselves to do what was needed).

Keith and Curly administered emergency first aid, checking for vital signs, keeping the injured man still, checking airways and encouraging his mate to keep him calm, alert and talking to him.

Others - mainly Matty, Posh, Mounse and Freez - immediately took up positions at road junctions to direct traffic around and away from the accident scene.
The locals stood around watching as the 'Erics' - still in full gear - sorted it all out. It would have been funny if it, erm. wasn't.

Others of us gave witness statements to the police and kept the watching crowd away from the emergency crews.

At first we thought the bloke had had it. He just slumped in a really awkward position after the collision and had blood from his head. He was strapped onto a body board and the paramedics spent about 12 minutes securing him in the ambulance before setting off, so it didn't look good.

Just heard from a newspaper contact in Luton and the 50 yr old bloke is in hospital with head, leg and arm injuries but not life-threatening, which is a relief to all concerned.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Curly » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:17 pm

Thanks for that Shrimper, glad to know he's going to be ok.
I've dealt with quite a few first aid incidents over the years, but this was the worst I've dealt with. I thought everyone worked well as a good team, a lot of the time people run around like headless chickens which never helps. I hope the driver is ok too, he was pretty shaken and had only recently lost his grandfather.
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:07 pm

go to 17 mins on this video for a quick flash

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/chec ... m=1&bbwm=1
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:36 pm

Thanks for the update Mr Coops, good to know that it is non-life threatening and in fact, is exactly as we handed over to the para-medics.

Seconded Curley's comments about 'team work'. The lads directing traffic may not sound much initially but it maintained a safe environment for us to get on with the first aid while kneeling in the middle of the road.

Big thanks to the driver of a car who, despite seeing a casualty in the road, flashing blue lights and a car with a smashed windscreen, decided the best comment to pass to Matty for guiding him through (having initially making him wait a few moments) was to tell Matty to "F*$k Off". Well done to him for saying what most of us only ever think! :roll:

Having been the first car behind a head on collision on the Kendal to Windermere road only eight days earlier, this was the second time I have used first aid on the road this month. For anyone else reading this who isn't already, make becoming first aider your priority for 2009. I can assure you, every time I've done my refresher and we come to the practical assessment, I've been 'bricking it' and really wishing it was someone else doing the training, not me. But when it comes to an incident like this one, where a well meaning, but untrained person could potentially have led to a death, I was so pleased Curley & I were trained. The life you save could be a friend or a loved one.

Anyway... hasn't anyone put the Eric's on Youtube yet?

Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:39 pm

I set my hard drive for 4 hours on Sunday. At 10am approx there was a quick video which stated "Erics coming up" 3 hours later still nothing and the recorder switched off :x

I have 1725 clips of Mcallister being sacked, Utd winning the World trophy, Beckham in Milan etc. but no Erics :twisted:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby shrimper » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:06 pm

Absolutely spot-on what happened at our house. When they gave the little preview I called all my family in to watch it and we waited ...... and waited...and waited through endless interviews with Leeds people about McAllister...

.....then we gave up and recorded all the Sky Sprts stuff for the next few hours - again it wasn't on.

Then, lo and behold it WAS on again - at about 10pm after we'd stopped recording (it had previously been on at 7am evidently.)

So I still haven't seen it.
shrimper

Postby Phoenix » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:08 pm

Our regular TV to Internet scribe is posting photos of Carnaby Street online today so they're probably not in a position to sort this one out.
Phoenix

Postby Posh » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:02 pm

I've seen it about 20 times.

In fact I'm bored of it now and might delete it. :twisted:

OK, OK, OK I'll get our in-house CD / DVD / video expert to sort it out tonight if I can.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Keith » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:07 pm

Posh wrote:I'll get our in-house CD / DVD / video expert to sort it out tonight if SHE can.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Keith » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:06 am

Did anyone ever sort this out Mr Posh? Come on, fingers out!

Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion