Crowd prediction for boxing day...

Crowd prediction for boxing day...

Postby Howe Magic » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:37 pm

playing against a team who wont bring many away fans (especially after losing 4-0 at home today) what sort of crowd do you all think we will get on boxing day...personally i think we will struggle to break 2000 - i think we will win the game 2 - 0 as well with goals from howe and stanley
Howe Magic

Re: Crowd prediction for boxing day...

Postby durhamshrimp » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:57 pm

I think we should get more than 2000 easily. It is boxing day after all.
durhamshrimp

Postby Plain Peter » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:19 pm

durhamshrimp wrote:I think we should get more than 2000 easily. It is boxing day after all.

That's when it was cash as an Xmas present mate.
Plain Peter

Postby durhamshrimp » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:24 pm

Erm, I don't think the tradition of people going to football matches on boxing day has really dwindled that much from last year. I reckon it'll be quite a healthy crowd number.
durhamshrimp

Postby Plain Peter » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:32 pm

durhamshrimp wrote: Erm, I don't think the tradition of people going to football matches on boxing day has really dwindled that much from last year.

You can't possibly say that.

durhamshrimp wrote: I reckon it'll be quite a healthy crowd number.

That's some prediction. Anything over 2,500 and I suppose you'll say you were spot-on :roll:
Plain Peter

Postby durhamshrimp » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:00 pm

Peter wrote:
durhamshrimp wrote: Erm, I don't think the tradition of people going to football matches on boxing day has really dwindled that much from last year.

You can't possibly say that.

I just did. Not sure why I can't possibly say it. Don't you follow football? Boxing Day is generally a day when more people than usual go to football matches. It was like that last year, it'll be like that this year and it'll be like that next year.
durhamshrimp

Postby Crooky MFC » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:01 pm

A few years ago we got 2800 against Southport, I don't see why we won't get that again.
Crooky MFC

Postby cragbankshrimp » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:05 pm

I'd be happy with 2500. We are playing better and creeping up the table so hopefully some of the doubters might come and take a look.
"Accrington Stanley" Who are they??????????????
cragbankshrimp

Postby outsider » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:06 pm

anything over 2000 will be good
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Plain Peter » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:09 pm

durhamshrimp wrote: Boxing Day is generally a day when more people than usual go to football matches. It was like that last year, it'll be like that this year and it'll be like that next year.

And Boxing Day is generally the day when the Sales start at Woolies and MFI :roll:
Footie won't be exempt all this disastrous Liebour stuff for much longer. Season ticket holders and diehards only I predict.
Plain Peter

Postby durhamshrimp » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:16 pm

Peter wrote:
durhamshrimp wrote: Boxing Day is generally a day when more people than usual go to football matches. It was like that last year, it'll be like that this year and it'll be like that next year.

And Boxing Day is generally the day when the Sales start at Woolies and MFI :roll:
Footie won't be exempt all this disastrous Liebour stuff for much longer. Season ticket holders and diehards only I predict.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Brilliant stuff. Well done, was waiting for that guff to come. Season ticket holders, diehards and people who aren't deluded fuckwits pretending they're living in some sort of Daily Mail conceived financial apocolypse only I predict.

I'll see the normal folk at the match. Pete here will be at home waiting for 'Liebour :?: :?: ' bailiffs to kick his door in.
durhamshrimp

Postby Plain Peter » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:29 pm

durhamshrimp wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Brilliant stuff. Well done, was waiting for that guff to come. Season ticket holders, diehards and people who aren't deluded fuckwits pretending they're living in some sort of Daily Mail conceived financial apocolypse only I predict.

It's a terrible nightmare. I'll wake up soon and it never happened. :geek:

durhamshrimp wrote: I'll see the normal folk at the match. Pete here will be at home waiting for 'Liebour :?: :?: ' bailiffs to kick his door in.

I've just bought an house for £50K less than what is as sold for new four years ago. Every cloud has a silver lining I suppose.
Plain Peter

Postby durhamshrimp » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:32 pm

Peter wrote:
durhamshrimp wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Brilliant stuff. Well done, was waiting for that guff to come. Season ticket holders, diehards and people who aren't deluded fuckwits pretending they're living in some sort of Daily Mail conceived financial apocolypse only I predict.

It's a terrible nightmare. I'll wake up soon and it never happened. :geek:

Ahh well. Could be worse. The Tories could be in charge. Then we would be f*cked ;)

Around 2'500 i predict.
durhamshrimp

Postby Plain Peter » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:34 pm

Let's put that one to rest DS.

How about this taken from the Dollies website?:

Calling all local based holders of Premiership, Championship, Coca Cola League 1 and 2 Season Tickets.

When your club’s playing away from home, do you travel to those games? If not, why not come down and support your home town team? Present your season ticket at the gate and gain concessionary admittance to any league game. It’s only a fiver and the Dolly Blues would love your support, so why not give us a go? Further details are available from the club office, Tel No 01524 382238.
Plain Peter

Postby durhamshrimp » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:36 pm

Peter wrote:Let's put that one to rest DS.

How about this taken from the Dollies website?:

Calling all local based holders of Premiership, Championship, Coca Cola League 1 and 2 Season Tickets.

When your club’s playing away from home, do you travel to those games? If not, why not come down and support your home town team? Present your season ticket at the gate and gain concessionary admittance to any league game. It’s only a fiver and the Dolly Blues would love your support, so why not give us a go? Further details are available from the club office, Tel No 01524 382238.

I travel nearly 200 miles round trip to watch the Shrimps most weeks. I wouldn't travel that far to watch Lancaster City though. It's a good idea though.
durhamshrimp

Postby Vinny » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:18 pm

Erm ... we do have another game before Boxing Day - against a Premiership side, and a Lancashire derby and reduced prices. Maybe you might like to give your estimates for this game first :roll:

http://www.morecambefc.premiumtv.co.uk/ ... 32,00.html
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby Howe Magic » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:42 pm

i will take a prediction for the senior cup game on monday - our reserves against wigan reserves (crowd of about 250/300)....result not really bothered to be honest
Howe Magic

Postby ingleton shrimp » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:51 am

Peter wrote :- And Boxing Day is generally the day when the Sales start at Woolies and MFI

If this is the case then the shopaholics who usually queue outside woolies and MFI may be looking for some other form of entertainment.
ingleton shrimp

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:18 am

The 1,700 hardcore, 150 extra home fans for Boxing Day plus 200 from Macc = 2,050.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby thegentlegiant » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:02 pm

2100 home fans + 250 away fans = 2350
thegentlegiant

Postby james456 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:44 pm

james456

Postby steve mfc » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:02 pm

Well i will be taking the wife to the boxing day sales, but will make sure we are back in plenty of time for the match. The economic situation will certainly affect the attendance but hopefully we will still get around 2,500.
steve mfc

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:59 pm

I think the weather will play a big part.

2300ish if its a nice afternoon

less than 2000 if its cold wet and windy.

I reakon a win, 1-0 or 2-1.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:28 pm

2125 will the attendance be
It would have been more had we all got in for free! :)
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Phoenix » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:39 am

what sort of crowd do you all think we will get on boxing day...

Hung over but full of good cheer :lol:
Phoenix

Next

Return to General Discussion