wainwright

wainwright

Postby scalehallshrimp » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:56 pm

i thought he was outstanding yesterday,motivated against a club he didnt want to leave,interesting comments on darlo forum such as below.There is also a lot of comment about the abuse he got from darlo fans which considerably upset him.Did anyone hear this yesterday

For me It was pretty average. No pace, with very little end product. He rarely took on the defender and looked to get in a telling cross. Having said that, the conditions and the state of the pitch didn't help wingers, but there again they didn't seem to hamper Carole when he made an appearence. Anyway I wish Wainy all the best & hope he gets back into the first team down their on a regular basis.
scalehall shrimp
scalehallshrimp

Re: wainwright

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:39 pm

[quote="scalehallshrimp"]i thought he was outstanding yesterday,motivated against a club he didnt want to leave.

Wainwright had a better game than usual IMO but don't agree he was "outstanding", and surely he should be motivated a little more often than just playing against his former club.
I would be quite happy to see him go in January or even earlier PLEASE!!
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:04 am

In my opinion NEIL W was the only player on either side to stay on his feet on a difficult surface constantly on Saturday, i think he warranted MOM,and i do not think knocking him, when we do not have a better player in that position, does us, or him any good service so leave the f#### off him, top bloke off the pitch as well by the way!!!
PUNKISDEAD

Postby shrimper » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:09 am

Hard to criticise anyone from Saturday. Wainer may not have got as many crosses in as we'd like but that was mostly because they had to double up on him. Then he'd cut back inside and lay it off for Stanners to cross. What he did do was occupy their right sided defenders so they couldn't get forward and start any attacks. It also made room for Drummy and Stanners to push on and support the front men, as did Yates's work on the other flank. That's what we lacked at Notts.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Keith » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:38 am

I think he played very well but for me the suicide back pass took him out of MotM contention. Hope he continues the positive manner next Saturday.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Martin » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:55 am

It was probably his best game of the season. Clearly he was up for it against his old club and he caused them a few problems all afternoon.

The back pass was one of those heart in the mouth moments, but it didn't spoil what was a very good performance from him overall.
Martin

Postby seasonsinthesun » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:39 am

In reply I agree that NW had a good game against the Quakers, I am questioning his commitment against other teams that he does not have a history with, and overall this season he has not produced consistent performances often enough. I agree with Shrimper that we have to be positive about the players, but I think realistically the jury is still out on NW.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby campdave » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:29 am

If he continues in Saturday's form, he'll be a tremendous assett. Unfortuantely, after his first couple of appearances with us he went completely off the boil and became a liability rather than an assett. This proves what he is capable of and why Sammy signed him. If he can't produce this form regularly for us, surely it is down to the player's attitude.
campdave

Postby shrimper » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:53 am

seasonsinthesun wrote:In reply I agree that NW had a good game against the Quakers, I am questioning his commitment against other teams that he does not have a history with, and overall this season he has not produced consistent performances often enough. I agree with Shrimper that we have to be positive about the players, but I think realistically the jury is still out on NW.

Fair comment. I was more addressing the quote from Darlo that scalehall mentioned: "For me It was pretty average. No pace, with very little end product. He rarely took on the defender and looked to get in a telling cross."

He did take them on but too often found another defender in his way as well. That's okay as long as others are supporting and taking advantage of the space he creates.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:59 pm

I thought that was the best he has played since he joined us
heysham_mfc

Postby Christies Child » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:14 pm

Darlo obviously knew what to expect from 'my name sake' otherwise why put 2 men on him whenever he got the ball?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Return to General Discussion