Kieran Charnock

Kieran Charnock

Postby Christies Child » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:50 pm

Posh's on loan defender at Accy is available for £50K and Accy's chairman is reported to be in discussions with Barry Fry at Posh about doing a deal to keep him at Accy.

For me, Charnock is a class act and would be a welcome addition to our squad.

:?: :?: :?:

With Sammy reported to have targeted 3 new players for signing in the New Year transfer window, I wonder if we will also be doing business with Posh?

Have to say that I'm not sure about DC. I'd hate to have to pay a 5 figure fee to Carlisle for his services especially as he went for 'sod all', although part of the deal I understand involved taking the Carlisle score board that they intended to replace.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Kieran Charnock

Postby Reprise » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:13 pm

Christies Child wrote:Posh's on loan defender at Accy is available for £50K and Accy's chairman is reported to be in discussions with Barry Fry at Posh about doing a deal to keep him at Accy.

For me, Charnock is a class act and would be a welcome addition to our squad.

He is and would be, but not as a priority. We've got plenty of centre backs that are unlikely to be going anywhere (except perhaps Artell), but there's a severe creative winger drought. That's where we should be looking.

Besides which, if there's significant money to spend we really should wait until the summer, when prices are lower and finances less tight. There'd be less of an air of rush and panic about it, so less chance of being ripped off.
Reprise

Postby ezz » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:35 pm

Without sounding too confident, i feel that were going to be safe this season so we shouldn't spend what little budget we have now. I'd be looking to get rid of dead weight form now until the Summer and also be looking at any youth we have in the reserves. I do think we have a decent spine to our team and like posted earlier we just need the quality and pace on the wings to be the next step. You look at strikers like Carlton and Howe they are good and are league 2 standard without doubt, its the support they lack that will forever prevent them from being prolific. 2 quality wingers in january and summer along with full backs and we'll be a very decent side.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Mr Munnings » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:54 pm

Charnock was a target we missed out on a couple of months ago but we had no money to use to purchase him
Mr Munnings

Return to General Discussion