Last 7 matches......

Last 7 matches......

Postby Howe Magic » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:31 am

after a really poor start to the season the team are slowly turning results round - the last seven matches show this (Played 7 won 3 drawn 3 lost 1 for 7 against 4 pts 12/21) ....well done to all concerned and keep up the good form...the one thing that keeps annoying me are these teams who think they should be beating teams like little morecambe as mentioned on the darlo website shame they could not beat us today - another team thinking they are bigger than they are
Howe Magic

Re: Last 7 matches......

Postby Martin » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:52 am

I wouldn't let it upset you too much.

They are probably entitled to think that. Bigger club, bigger fanbase, more financial clout and sitting in a playoff spot eyeing automatic promotion. The fact that they returned with nothing is more to our credit that, despite our perceived shortcomings this season, a club our size can compete at this level.
Martin

Postby ezz » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:13 am

To be fair they should be beating us....but they didn't so let them worry about it and us enjoy it
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:37 am

ezz wrote:To be fair they should be beating us....but they didn't so let them worry about it and us enjoy it

I think you've got it spot on there ezz.

Club of our size, in this league, most clubs should be beating us! They ain't.

So let's enjoy taking all these points off "bigger clubs".
morecambe mick

Postby Number 1 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:40 am

MRH wrote:I wouldn't let it upset you too much.

They are probably entitled to think that. Bigger club, bigger fanbase, more financial clout and sitting in a playoff spot eyeing automatic promotion. The fact that they returned with nothing is more to our credit that, despite our perceived shortcomings this season, a club our size can compete at this level.

The perfect summing up I think.
Number 1

Postby james456 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:05 pm

Darlington obviously have a much bigger stadium but not many fans really. I think we should be competing with them.
james456

Postby ezz » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:44 pm

We might be a small club for our league especially in lancashire but we must remember that the North West is probably the most successful region for football in england. So we have plenty of talent on the outskirts to chose from which i think is the main reaosn we have progressed as far as we have.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:47 am

So glad we won! the Darlo ****heads that were sat next to us in the Shrimp pre match throwing beer mats at us didn't deserve to see their team win on Saturday.

A couple more wins over the christmas period and we'll be pushing for play-offs next! :lol:
North Stand Shrimp

Return to General Discussion