Danny Carlton latest....

Danny Carlton latest....

Postby Howe Magic » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:01 pm

according to the cumberland news carlisle manager greg abbott is likely to rubber stamp a second month out on loan for danny carlton at morecambe by the end of this week...personally this would be great news for us and also for danny who will get games and not be sat on bench at carlisle
Howe Magic

Re: Danny Carlton latest....

Postby Christies Child » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:56 pm

Ya beat me to it.... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Carlisle have 13 players out of contract at the end of this season and DC and one other are already out on loan. Greg Abbot reckons that he will have his work cut out to keep all those he wants who are out of contract. DC could well be surplus to requirement come the end of the season.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:41 pm

Best start scoring some goals for his loan club then!!!

To me he doesn't look anything special at this level, so I'm not sure how he would be decent at the level above. Perhaps an unfair comment in that he is playing in a team that is not the most talented and it would be difficult for any player to stand out greatly. He wasn't exactly prolific in the conference. He's here to get goals..............
RedRedWine1

Postby George Dawes » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:57 pm

To me he doesn't look anything special at this level, so I'm not sure how he would be decent at the level above. Perhaps an unfair comment in that he is playing in a team that is not the most talented and it would be difficult for any player to stand out greatly. He wasn't exactly prolific in the conference. He's here to get goals..............

i agree, but id put him in front & make room at the expense of any of these 3

wayne curtis
michael twiss
matty blinkhorn
George Dawes

Postby The Marksman » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:00 pm

RedRedWine wrote:Best start scoring some goals for his loan club then!!!

Seconded. I'm not really that bothered if he does stay. Admittedly I've only seen him in the Chester game this season but like the man says he wasn't that prolific in the Conference. Why not give some of our contracted players a go?
The Marksman

Postby Ade Adams » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:02 pm

DawZi wrote:

i agree, but id put him in front & make room at the expense of any of these 3

wayne curtis
michael twiss
matty blinkhorn

Me too without question
From nation to nation quietly eating my way around the globe
Ade Adams

Postby ezz » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:14 pm

Curtis ahs impressed me this season so no i wouldnt get rid of him, blinks hasnt featured so im not sure what he is capable of lately
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:40 pm

I'd like to see him stay, but he will need to start scoring some goals otherwise we might as well stick with Howe, O'carroll, Blinks Curtis and Taylor. Thats the problem, we already have strikers who aren't firing on all cylinders, do we need another?

I wouldn't get rid of Curtis, in my mind he has justified his place in the squad with some really hard working performances. Blinks hasn't played enough to make a judgement, Taylor is one for the future and O'Ocarroll hasn't been given enough time to get himself into a game, 5 minutes at the end isn't long enough. Howe, im not sure about! how long does a player need to gel into a team? he needs to start scoring too, and not just from the pen spot.

Come January, if he's available, Danny may cause Sammy a bit of a headache as to who will have to be sacrificed to accomodate him.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby shrimper » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:35 am

Score or not he has pace, gets up well and occupies defenders, putting them on the back foot. I think we've looked sharper up front since his arrival even though he personally hasn't scored.

Except, of course, at Notts where he and Howe were too often isolated because our midfielders didn't get up in support. This meant their defenders could double up on both our strikers and deal with them quite comfortably.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:45 am

Agreed, he does have pace and thats something we have lacked.

I don't understand how a forward player can come on as a sub and still be beaten to a ball by a defender who's played 80 minutes! that has happened all too often, maybe some sprint/fitness training is needed?
North Stand Shrimp

Postby Mark S » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:12 pm

The Marksman wrote:
Seconded. I'm not really that bothered if he does stay. Admittedly I've only seen him in the Chester game this season but like the man says he wasn't that prolific in the Conference. Why not give some of our contracted players a go?

Surely if you saw him at Chester you would have seen his quality. Won the penalty and was instrumental in setting up the other.

Danny is class and he is sharper than when he left. Give him a bit of time and he will deliver. I hope we get the extension and maybe something a bit more permanent in January.
Mark S

Postby The Fury » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:50 pm

Mark S wrote:
The Marksman wrote:

Surely if you saw him at Chester you would have seen his quality. Won the penalty and was instrumental in setting up the other.

Danny is class and he is sharper than when he left. Give him a bit of time and he will deliver. I hope we get the extension and maybe something a bit more permanent in January.

Aye, his all-round game has much improved. Dropping deep, collecting the ball, and then passing to the wing-backs was something he did to decent effect repeatedly at Chester. He won't score in one-on-one situations though will he; I think I can recount at least three such instances he has bungled.

Aaron Taylor seems to be a different type of player in that, unlike Howe and Danny, he won't get too involved in the link-up aspect of the game and is solely there to score goals. In fact, can anyone remember Aaron missing a chance yet? I think he has scored every chance he has (barring the one that hit the post which Howe subsequently scored from, so that counts as a goal in my book!) which is suggestive that he is a better finisher than Danny.

I'd like to see Danny and Aaron partnered up-front in Danny's final match (for now). It will probably mean altering the way we distribute the ball to the attackers, which may be beneficial - who knows. I do think that Howe has had the opportunity of proving himself now and, whilst I'm getting less and less impressed with him game by game, it would surely only be advantageous to partner Danny with someone else before he departs, in any event.

I’m not gunna write off Michael Twiss yet either.
The Fury

Postby The Shrimp » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:05 pm

Danny has extended his loan spell with the Shrimps for another month.

Full story available here: http://www.thevisitor.co.uk/morecambe-s ... 4789050.jp
The Shrimp

Postby Martin » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:13 pm

..."Shrimps' boss Sammy McIlroy said: "This is god news for us because although Danny hasn't scored yet he has played well and has certainly improved his all round game since joining Carlisle."

Is this the Visitor thinking itself high & mighty? :lol:
Martin

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:26 pm

MRH wrote:..."Shrimps' boss Sammy McIlroy said: "This is god news for us because although Danny hasn't scored yet he has played well and has certainly improved his all round game since joining Carlisle."

Is this the Visitor thinking itself high & mighty? :lol:

:lol: Somebody has pasted it without reading it first :lol: :lol:

http://www.morecambefc.premiumtv.co.uk/ ... 29,00.html
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:15 pm

good to see Danny is staying with us for a bit longer just hope he scores soon though
heysham_mfc

Postby scalehallshrimp » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:31 pm

this is just the area where we are struggling,i seem to recall only 1 team has scored less goals than us
scalehall shrimp
scalehallshrimp

Return to General Discussion